There will be a later private internment service

:referee:   Interment  !!!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

:referee:   Interment  !!!!

No every member of the Royal family gets to chuck an Intern in the hole

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

There's an attempt to list the dignitaries at her state funeral here on Wiki.

Let's see how Narcle can spin this as racist.

• Haha 2

Today, in MournHub, the extraordinary queue to get into Westminster hall to look at a flag-bedraped coffin that may or may not have a Queen in it is past Bermondsey and through Southwark park, over 5 miles away. And they’ve finally decided the queue is at capacity!

Dear god in heaven.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Today, in MournHub, the extraordinary queue to get into Westminster hall to look at a flag-bedraped coffin that may or may not have a Queen in it is past Bermondsey and through Southwark park, over 5 miles away. And they’ve finally decided the queue is at capacity!

Dear god in heaven.

Does someone need a hug?

We all grieve differently, it seems you do in anger.

Come here bud :wub::D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Does someone need a hug?

We all grieve differently, it seems you do in anger.

Come here bud :wub::D

…where was the anger?

You take this mildly amused bewilderment as anger, when the post above is once again a spit of venom towards Meghan Markle who has fuck all to do with what we were talking about? 

Edited by TQR
Someone needs to open their eyes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TQR said:

…where was the anger?

You take this mildly amused bewilderment as anger, when the post above is once again a spit of venom towards Meghan Markle who has fuck all to do with what we were talking about? 

"Fear is the path to the dark side.

Fear leads to anger … anger leads to hate … hate leads to suffering.” — Yoda

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TQR said:

Dear god in heaven.

The Queue™ is indeed a Great British triumph. This is the Mother of all Queues. The Boss Queue. It is essentially the queue we have been training for all our lives.

Now that they have paused The Queue
, Brits have taken it upon themselves to form a queue to get in The Queue. This is because one does not simply pause The Queue.

We shall queue in London, we shall queue in the seas and oceans, we shall queue on the beaches, we shall queue on the landing grounds. We shall never stop queuing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

3 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

"Fear is the path to the dark side.

Fear leads to anger … anger leads to hate … hate leads to suffering.” — Yoda

Yoda leads to people sounding like fucking idiots.

See, you’ve fucking made me angry now, you minge!

• Like 1

I looked away  for ten minutes, saw the latest replies and thought: man, I didn't know Canadian politics got folk so worked up!

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yodas on the in-laws side. He won't make the funeral though, terrible case of being dead. And fictional.

Sorry if that spoiled a forty year old film for folks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The Queue™ is indeed a Great British triumph. This is the Mother of all Queues. The Boss Queue. It is essentially the queue we have been training for all our lives.

Now that they have paused The Queue
, Brits have taken it upon themselves to form a queue to get in The Queue. This is because one does not simply pause The Queue.

We shall queue in London, we shall queue in the seas and oceans, we shall queue on the beaches, we shall queue on the landing grounds. We shall never stop queuing.

Based on social media posts I've seen, if they removed everyone from "The Queue" who has ever spelt it as "que", it'd probably be a two-hour queue at most.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It's far from complete as the Abbey can hold 2200 people but interesting to note that, thus far, no former British PMs or no former US Presidents are listed.

Is there any other source for Constantine II of Greece attending than that Telegraph article that says that "there'll be some guys from Greece"?

Interesting that Simeon II will attend. As well as Cornelius A. Smith, Bahamas Gov-Gen who I recall had some health problem a couple of months ago. Lots and lots of good form spotting opportunities. Another interesting name to see on the list is Otumfuo Nana Osei Tutu II, Ashanti ruler.

osei.png.8aefad1109ab7d185227c44abdb52598.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, time said:

Based on social media posts I've seen, if they removed everyone from "The Queue" who has ever spelt it as "que", it'd probably be a two-hour queue at most.

If there was any nearby bee they could open a hardware store.

19 minutes ago, msc said:

If there was any nearby bee they could open a hardware store.

The media should demand that Prince Andrew's daughter does a walk about with the people waiting in line just so the can use that headline.

• Haha 1

**Note: Not angry, just exasperated**

This just came up as a news alert on my phone:

A2B3ED16-E134-428C-83C5-132904A09B29.thumb.jpeg.1821d648f0f0f73198c534e2495d8a37.jpeg

SOMEONE TELL ME THEY GIVE THE ABSOLUTE SHINIEST OF FUCKS. GO ON. PLEASE.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It's far from complete as the Abbey can hold 2200 people but interesting to note that, thus far, no former British PMs or no former US Presidents are listed.

Thanks . Two interesting things in that list to me. This list includes  The Duchess of Kent and a number of former Prime ministers of Canada are invited for some reason but not other countries like Australia or even the UK.

Was Canada particularly special to her?

23 minutes ago, TQR said:

**Note: Not angry, just exasperated**

This just came up as a news alert on my phone:

A2B3ED16-E134-428C-83C5-132904A09B29.thumb.jpeg.1821d648f0f0f73198c534e2495d8a37.jpeg

SOMEONE TELL ME THEY GIVE THE ABSOLUTE SHINIEST OF FUCKS. GO ON. PLEASE.

I saw that and thought that it had far too much of a tabloid feel to it for the BBC.

It's as if someone in their news room turned their nose up and said "He's a former elite athlete so how dare he eat crisps and doughnuts!!"

If that alert cut off at the wrong point it would look like he burned to death.

• Haha 8

37 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thanks . Two interesting things in that list to me. This list includes  The Duchess of Kent and a number of former Prime ministers of Canada are invited for some reason but not other countries like Australia or even the UK.

It's Wikipedia.  Just someone's guesses.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

27 minutes ago, Toast said:

It's Wikipedia.  Just someone's guesses.

It's cited, but it's a weird hodge podge of speculation and actual announcements. 

As an example, the Canadian Prime Ministers information comes from Trudeau himself, so is presumably accurate.

The Duchess of Kent is however based on a Telegraph article that... doesn't mention her at all. (In fairness, it may have done in an earlier draft, but the Telegraph article is speculation and conjecture, not hard fact.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I saw that and thought that it had far too much of a tabloid feel to it for the BBC.

The BBC site is a tabloid now.  They are even referring to the Princess of Wales as "Kate". 

It's been made abundantly clear for a long time that she's called Catherine.

I hate it when the media foist their own nicknames and diminutives on people.

image.png.dbbdd34013bd15a25de6b28daf02d8ac.png

1 hour ago, msc said:

It's cited, but it's a weird hodge podge of speculation and actual announcements.

As an example, the Canadian Prime Ministers information comes from Trudeau himself, so is presumably accurate.

I've just looked at that link - that's a lot of people!  Seriously?

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today announced that he and Their Excellencies the Right Honourable Mary Simon, Governor General of Canada, and Mr. Whit Fraser will travel to the United Kingdom on September 16, 2022, to attend the State Funeral of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, which will take place in London on September 19, 2022. Prime Minister Trudeau will be accompanied by Sophie Grégoire Trudeau.

Canada will also be represented by former governors general the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean and the Right Honourable David Johnston, as well as former prime ministers the Right Honourable Kim Campbell, the Right Honourable Jean Chrétien, the Right Honourable Paul Martin, and the Right Honourable Stephen Harper. They will be joined by Assembly of First Nations National Chief RoseAnne Archibald, President of Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami Natan Obed, and President of the Métis National Council Cassidy Caron, as well as the Clerk of the Privy Council and Secretary to the Cabinet and former High Commissioner for Canada in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Janice Charette, and current High Commissioner for Canada to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Honourable Ralph Goodale.

Members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and representatives of regiments of the Canadian Armed Forces will join uniformed personnel from other Commonwealth countries for the service on September 19.

In addition, the Canadian delegation will include members of the Order of Canada Mark Tewksbury, Gregory Charles, and Sandra Oh and Cross of Valour recipient Leslie Arthur Palmer. They will participate in a procession of recipients of national honours as part of the service.

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2022/09/15/prime-minister-announces-canadian-delegation-state-funeral-her

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

The BBC site is a tabloid now.  They are even referring to the Princess of Wales as "Kate". 

It's been made abundantly clear for a long time that she's called Catherine.

I hate it when the media foist their own nicknames and diminutives on people.

image.png.dbbdd34013bd15a25de6b28daf02d8ac.png

Also Isn't  Harry meant to be Henry or am I missing something?

Good to see Phil and Holly getting bollocked for jumping the queue to see her Maj, laying there, all vulnerable.....giving me the right fuckin 'orn....

Piers Morgan, apparently ripped Isabel Oakeshott and MP's for jumping the queue.:lol:

I'd be commending Beckham for queuing for hours if he wasn't a publicity seeking cunt.

• Like 3