Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

55 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Pick what channel you want to watch the funeral - BBC, ITV or GB News (all without adverts).

BBC - Huw Edwards, Kirsty Young, Fergal Keane, David Dimbleby, Sophie Raworth, Anita Rani and JJ Chalmers

ITV - Mary Nightingale,  Chris Ship, Rageh Omaar, Nina Hossain

Sky News - Kay Burley, Anna Botting, Dermot Murnaghan, Alastair Bruce, Mark Austin

GB News - Eamonn Holmes, Isabel Webster, Alastair Stewart, Anne Diamond, David Starkey, Nigel Farage, Dan Wooton

TalkTV - Piers Morgan gives you a rundown of what happened in the day if you really want him

I hope no major news story happens after Monday because Huw Edwards needs a holiday.

Can't wait.....

48 minutes ago, Khthonia said:

Does anyone know what time the grandchildren's vigil takes place? 

It's happening right now as I type this.

I am confidently predicting that the funeral will tip this thread - maybe not to the 5.000 mark - but past 4,700 posts. What's the DL thread for a nominee? 

I thought I heard someone say that the Queen had left her horses to Camilla.  I was hoping that Zara would get the racehorses, as she would be a good person to take the Queen's place as a patron of racing.  She's usually to be seen at Cheltenham, although that was more the Queen Mother's thing. 

• Like 1

Does anyone see what Zara dropped on the way out?

No I thought something was up with her shoe.

• Like 3

I thought at first she started to cry and go NO you got this! Then thought her pearl earring dropped, but I can understand a shoe. 

17 minutes ago, Toast said:

I thought I heard someone say that the Queen had left her horses to Camilla.  I was hoping that Zara would get the racehorses, as she would be a good person to take the Queen's place as a patron of racing.  She's usually to be seen at Cheltenham, although that was more the Queen Mother's thing. 

There was a piece on BBC Breakfast this morning that was all about how much a champion of horse racing The Queen was and somewhere they said something about who might take that on and Camilla was seen as a good fit. I wasn't really paying attention. Princess Anne seemed the obvious horsey type, but more eventing that horse racing. Zara would safeguard it for the next 50+ years, Camilla only sorts it for the next 20 years or so, but the new Queen carries more prestige and Zara isn't a working royal.

• Like 2

If she started mucking out the stables more she would be a working royal :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

There was a piece on BBC Breakfast this morning that was all about how much a champion of horse racing The Queen was and somewhere they said something about who might take that on and Camilla was seen as a good fit. I wasn't really paying attention. Princess Anne seemed the obvious horsey type, but more eventing that horse racing. Zara would safeguard it for the next 50+ years, Camilla only sorts it for the next 20 years or so, but the new Queen carries more prestige and Zara isn't a working royal.

The Queens stud is at Sandringham.

It, I suspect, will be run as an ongoing business as it is pretty successful.

I doubt very much that the Royal Silks will be worn by a Jockey on a Sandringham bred horse in the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

I am confidently predicting that the funeral will tip this thread - maybe not to the 5.000 mark - but past 4,700 posts. What's the DL thread for a nominee? 

On 08/09/2022 at 13:03, gcreptile said:

She can't leave yet, this thread hasn't reached 200 pages.

Well GCR is within 19 pages of his goal, and we've still got 2 days before this starts to wind down, so let's see what happens!

(For context, that was on page 147 - we're on 181 now).

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Toast said:

It’s probably for inheritance tax reasons. Leaving it to Zara would make it at risk. 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

I don't think it matters whether she's a "working" royal or not.  Breeding and racing horses wasn't a duty for the Queen, it was a passion. 

• Like 1

Do we reckon we’ll get any further info re cause of death after this week is done? 

Just now, tomarse said:

Do we reckon we’ll get any further info re cause of death after this week is done? 

Probably won't fully know for a while. I think information like this is kept secret unless someone wishes to risk their career and talk to the press.

• Like 1

Out of the current reigning monarchs...

WILL ATTEND:

King of Bahrain (arrived to the UK today)

King of Belgium

King of Bhutan (confirmed on Bhutan's Queen's instagram)

Sultan of Brunei

Queen of Denmark

Emperor of Japan

King of Jordan (arrived to the UK yesterday)

King of Lesotho (Reuters)

Grand Duke of Luxembourg

King of Malaysia (New Straits Times)

Prince of Monaco

King of the Netherlands

King of Norway

Sultan of Oman

Emir of Qatar

King of Spain

King of Sweden

King of Tonga

President/Ruler of the UAE

Not confirmed:

Prince of Liechtenstein

King of Cambodia

King of Thailand

King of Saudi Arabia

WON'T ATTEND:

Emir of Kuwait (represented by the Crown Prince)

King of Morocco (represented by the Crown Prince)

King of Eswatini (represented by the Deputy Prime Minister)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Out of the current reigning monarchs...

WILL ATTEND:

King of Bahrain (arrived to the UK today)

King of Belgium

King of Bhutan (confirmed on Bhutan's Queen's instagram)

Sultan of Brunei

Queen of Denmark

Emperor of Japan

King of Jordan (arrived to the UK yesterday)

King of Lesotho (Reuters)

Grand Duke of Luxembourg

King of Malaysia (New Straits Times)

Prince of Monaco

King of the Netherlands

King of Norway

Sultan of Oman

Emir of Qatar

King of Spain

King of Sweden

King of Tonga

President/Ruler of the UAE

Not confirmed:

Prince of Liechtenstein

King of Cambodia

King of Thailand

King of Saudi Arabia

WON'T ATTEND:

Emir of Kuwait (represented by the Crown Prince)

King of Morocco (represented by the Crown Prince)

King of Eswatini (represented by the Deputy Prime Minister)

Wiki say the heir to the throne will attend for Liechtenstein and the press are saying the same for Saudi Arabia. 

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Probably won't fully know for a while. I think information like this is kept secret unless someone wishes to risk their career and talk to the press.

Philip’s death certificate was public but I’m not sure if the Monarch is granted more privacy or if the rules are different in Scotland. Even then I imagine they will say just old age even through it’s obvious some condition caused it - either long term or short term or combination of both.  

I went to church this morning :o  (took my dog to the Pet Blessing service).

Sang "God Save The King" for the first time.  It felt weird and I teared up a bit.

• Like 1

A lot of heads of state are viewing the queen. I found the twitter account royalcentral are posting videos:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Wiki say the heir to the throne will attend for Liechtenstein and the press are saying the same for Saudi Arabia. 

BBC News are saying Saudi Crown Prince no longer attending Queen's funeral.

Update on who has seen her at Westminster Hall or seen the king: