Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Philip’s death certificate was public but I’m not sure if the Monarch is granted more privacy or if the rules are different in Scotland. Even then I imagine they will say just old age even through it’s obvious some condition caused it - either long term or short term or combination of both.  

If I recall they got round revealing an actual cause of death for the Queen Mother by registering it as ‘extreme old age’?

• Like 1

I don't know why some people are so secretive about causes of death (sensitive issues aside).  Broadsheet obituaries often don't mention COD.

I am curious about the Queen as her death was clearly unexpected. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Pick what channel you want to watch the funeral - BBC, ITV or GB News (all without adverts).

BBC - Huw Edwards, Kirsty Young, Fergal Keane, David Dimbleby, Sophie Raworth, Anita Rani and JJ Chalmers

ITV - Mary Nightingale,  Chris Ship, Rageh Omaar, Nina Hossain

Sky News - Kay Burley, Anna Botting, Dermot Murnaghan, Alastair Bruce, Mark Austin

GB News - Eamonn Holmes, Isabel Webster, Alastair Stewart, Anne Diamond, David Starkey, Nigel Farage, Dan Wooton

TalkTV - Piers Morgan gives you a rundown of what happened in the day if you really want him

I hope no major news story happens after Monday because Huw Edwards needs a holiday.

Nice to see something without Clare Balding for a change, but I'm sure that smuggy-arse Nigel Farage will bore us instead on GB News.

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

I don't know why some people are so secretive about causes of death (sensitive issues aside).  Broadsheet obituaries often don't mention COD.

Surprised it's not Covid as an excuse to fuck with us all again.

@YouOnlyDieOnce - there is a thing called the edit button. Please use it and not post 4 times in a row.

2 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

@YouOnlyDieOnce - there is a thing called the edit button. Please use it and not post 4 times in a row.

Considering the quality of the posts, it may be better not to post at all.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, drol said:

Considering the quality of the posts, it may be better not to post at all.

The same can be said for a lot of comments and members on DL in all honesty.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

9 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

At least you said "please", so I commend your politeness. My phone is a pain in the arse to use, so I'll collate responses into a single reply using my iMac going forward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

The same can be said for everything on DL in all honesty.

No, the DL rocks and you suck.

That's the subtle difference.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, drol said:

No, the DL rocks and you suck.

That's the subtle difference.

May I politely suggest an anger management consultation as you clearly like to dish out insults to those who oppose your way of thinking. Anyway, no skin off my nose as I'm not offended in the slightest. You need to try a lot harder if you want the response from me that you appear to crave.

I don't directly insult other DL members as we're all entitled to our opinions, even you. I may or may not like what you type, but some things are better left unsaid. I'm here to stay so you just have to accept it.

Anyway... Have a lovely day and it costs nothing to be nice.

1 hour ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

May I politely suggest an anger management consultation as you clearly like to dish out insults to those who oppose your way of thinking. Anyway, no skin off my nose as I'm not offended in the slightest. You need to try a lot harder if you want the response from me that you appear to crave.

I don't directly insult other DL members as we're all entitled to our opinions, even you. I may or may not like what you type, but some things are better left unsaid. I'm here to stay so you just have to accept it.

Anyway... Have a lovely day and it costs nothing to be nice.

Well, tbf, you will be here for as long as you are tolerated then you will be fucked off only for you to return as a new user, as you do.

Until then.....

1 hour ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

I don't directly insult other DL members

129975006_OoohMatron.jpg.63e9950bfff509c680b9b8198bb7fd21.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Toast said:

It’s got to have been something that happened on the weds evening like a stroke or heart failure etc 

42 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well, tbf, you will be here for as long as you are tolerated then you will be fucked off only for you to return as a new user, as you do.

Until then.....

I wasn't replying to you; however, the same goes for you and the rest of us. I've no plans to leave, so no need to return as a new user. Just carry on as normal and so will I. If you all want to gang up against me, go ahead as I'll only find it amusing.

Yes, until then.....

32 minutes ago, Toast said:

129975006_OoohMatron.jpg.63e9950bfff509c680b9b8198bb7fd21.jpg

Now those two were dearly missed. Thanks for reminding me of them.

Aren't we a sensitive lot today? It's like being on a cryptocurrency Telegram!

17 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

I wasn't replying to you; however, the same goes for you and the rest of us. I've no plans to leave, so no need to return as a new user. Just carry on as normal and so will I. If you all want to gang up against me, go ahead as I'll only find it amusing.

Yes, until then.....

There is no 'normal' on here.

You will have no say in whether you stay or go so, yeah, laugh away.

India Hicks talking on the BBC just now and has revealed her mum Lady Pamela Hicks, now 93 years old is attending both services of the funreal tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

India Hicks talking on the BBC just now and has revealed her mum Lady Pamela Hicks, now 93 years old is attending both services of the funreal tomorrow. 

I love a good funreal. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Toast said:

I've read obit writers for different papers discuss this. At The Times they usually try to list one if it's known, at the bottom along with the dates of birth and death, but a Telegraph obit writer once said that adding COD is occasionally suggested but is pointedly never taken up.

Even for publications which try to explicitly give a cause in the article, like The New York Times, there will often be something like "The death was confirmed by a family member, who declined to specify a cause."

#Thequeue is shorter now and at London Bridge and not yet closed. Apparently it takes 7 hours. From my guessing it will close around 11.30pm.

Really kind of regretting I didn't do it now, especially when I see all the young kids who did - but it was impossible to fit around work shifts. A couple of friends of mine did. Surprised they haven't closed the queue now - thought they'd have done that about 6 o'clock.

Interesting to see the heads of state turning up at Buckingham Palace. Biden alone (due to our Special Relationship) is the only one who gets to use his own transport. The odd thing for me is former heads of state - apparently Juan Carlos of Spain can go, but not Obama, Trump, Bush or Clinton? And what about Queen Beatrix? There should be some consistency there I think. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Windsor said:

If I recall they got round revealing an actual cause of death for the Queen Mother by registering it as ‘extreme old age’?

Philip's cause was just "old age". Would he have qualified to "extreme old age" if he had made it to full 100 years?

5 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Really kind of regretting I didn't do it now, especially when I see all the young kids who did - but it was impossible to fit around work shifts. A couple of friends of mine did. Surprised they haven't closed the queue now - thought they'd have done that about 6 o'clock.

Interesting to see the heads of state turning up at Buckingham Palace. Biden alone (due to our Special Relationship) is the only one who gets to use his own transport. The odd thing for me is former heads of state - apparently Juan Carlos of Spain can go, but not Obama, Trump, Bush or Clinton? And what about Queen Beatrix? There should be some consistency there I think. 

Beatrix is there.

Juan Carlos and Sofia are more there as a distant relatives and long standing friends. Royals know each other more closely than presidents.

• Like 1