Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

Cheers. So basically you get one just for joining the family, well the men anyway.

Anyone been out yet? I want to get a paper, I'm guessing the corner shops will be open at least. 

I'm off out soon, I've got a dentist appointment :lol:

3 minutes ago, time said:

I'm off out soon, I've got a dentist appointment :lol:

Good luck dodging the angry mob. Though I'd be asking them,  what are you doing out? 

Some of the foreign royals. I'd rather see them  but whoever controls the camera seems to really like Liz Truss' face, I can see the King of Norway and the King of Sweden though.

royals.jpg.9e58fc5cecc321ac51020c277fcdd643.jpg

Tsar of Bulgaria:

tsar.thumb.jpg.1cd795be673bfa1161ebc2f989f4d9c8.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, arghton said:

Tsar of Bulgaria:

tsar.thumb.jpg.1cd795be673bfa1161ebc2f989f4d9c8.jpg

Dutch princess Beatrix (former queen) also in that picture, first row on the right along with the king & queen.

• Like 4

On 09/09/2022 at 10:59, Bibliogryphon said:

Harald V of Norway will probably be the most interesting one as he is the closest to the British Throne of any other European Monarch and unlike Belgium, Spain and Holland has not abdicated in favour of younger members

King Harold pictured on crutches on his way into Westminster Abbey.

image.thumb.png.3f143ffd0b7bb216a41ff9baad47b06c.png

• Like 5

Queen Margetihe of Denmark looked distraught through some of the service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Good luck dodging the angry mob. Though I'd be asking them,  what are you doing out? 

No angry mob, a few folk who look as if they don't know what to so with themselves as all the amusement arcades are closed.. 

Plus the Queens Arms is closed again, but the Kings Arms is open.

9 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Juan Carlos doesn't look so good, the old goat

image.png.39fc94d6f0af2ee075ee1d592eeff927.png

Love the fact he attended despite his own Government telling him not to be there. 

• Like 1

When does Elton John turn up? And what will he sing? Sacrifice? I'm still standing?

23 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

When does Elton John turn up? And what will he sing? Sacrifice? I'm still standing?

Candle in the Wind 2022?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

Perhaps her Ohmibod?

You make no sense to me, so please refrain from quoting me in the future. Thank you.

Just a question, were you dropped on your head as a child? If so I will forgive you, however, if this is just your normal I will now refer you in future posts if you quote me as Abby, Ab-normal.

3 hours ago, arghton said:

Anyone know who the people here are? Especially the frailer-looking ones

1:

funeral1.thumb.jpg.e3bd56729eb55442c25f27cfe9b2e2b0.jpg

2:

funeral3.thumb.jpg.4f294190a86ee59b68a7e2d75acd3e22.jpg

VC recipient Keith Payne is now wheelchairbound:

funeral2.thumb.jpg.8b2c3589acb6c5d4451f654065db5603.jpg

Pic 2 Third row back The Brady Bunch and Iain.

• Like 1

The man in number 1 looks like Rodney Rlton, Baron Elton to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arghton said:

Anyone know who the people here are? Especially the frailer-looking ones

1:

funeral1.thumb.jpg.e3bd56729eb55442c25f27cfe9b2e2b0.jpg

2:

funeral3.thumb.jpg.4f294190a86ee59b68a7e2d75acd3e22.jpg

VC recipient Keith Payne is now wheelchairbound: 

funeral2.thumb.jpg.8b2c3589acb6c5d4451f654065db5603.jpg

I think the ladies in the top pic are the Queen's ladies-in-waiting.  One of them is the aunt of a neighbour of mine, but I've never met her so don't know which one she is.

Update:  BBC website names the two ladies in front as Lady Susan Hussey (L) and Dame Mary Morrison (R).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62890879

I can't help any further, but your question sums up how piss-poor royal TV coverage is nowadays.  Time was when we would have been told who nearly everyone was, but the commentators today just don't seem to know.  They identify everyone that we already know, like the former PMs, but the lesser known Commonwealth heads of state are ignored.

I did do a bit of channel-hopping, and none of them were very good.  Why wasn't somebody doing their homework over the last ten days?  I don't expect it from Huw Edwards who has had to do too much.  They should have had someone lined up who knows their stuff.  They knew this would be coming in the next few years, and they ought to start work now for the Coronation.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Talkative Finn said:

Who was the royal with an eye patch (sitting beside Beatrix of the Netherlands)?

Didn't you know that it was 'Talk like a pirate's day today? 

Due to heath and safety reasons they were unable to have a parrot perched on their shoulder, that's all.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, Talkative Finn said:

Who was the royal with an eye patch (sitting beside Beatrix of the Netherlands)?

David Ogilvy, 13th Earl of Airlie, brother-in-law of Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy, who in turn is first cousin to QE2 and first cousin once removed of Phil the Greek. 

• Like 2

According to Twitter, John Cruickshank VC, who is 102, attended.

Any photos?

2 hours ago, time said:

No angry mob, a few folk who look as if they don't know what to so with themselves as all the amusement arcades are closed.. 

Plus the Queens Arms is closed again, but the Kings Arms is open.

The opposite with me. The King Charles Head (Goring Heath) closed years ago and the Queen's Head (Bradfileld) opens at 5pm. I won't be popping in as I'm knackered after queuing for many hours.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Redrumours said:

Pic 2 Third row back The Brady Bunch and Iain.

Yeah, quite the rum bunch in picture 2. Sir Graham Brady behind the man in orange. A couple along from him is Iain Duncan Smith. Next to him Angela Rayner and next to her Rachel Reeves. I can spot on the end a few rows back Nigel Evans, mainly because he's an MP in a next door constituency.

Rayner and Reeves I can understand as Shadow Chancellor and Deputy Leader of the Opposition. But what about the rest? Nigel Evans was a Deputy Speaker a decade ago for 3 years only. Graham Brady is in charge of backbench Tory MPs, nothing more. IDS hasn't been in the Cabinet in about 6 years. Is he there as a former leader? And if so, where's the rest? (Hague and Howard, Kinnock, Miliband and Corbyn?)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

According to Twitter, John Cruickshank VC, who is 102, attended.

Any photos?

If you're referring to this tweet, they link to a Daily Mail article from a few days ago that just mentions him being invited. Amazing if he did go but I doubt the user knows it. 

• Like 1

Picture 2 front row, Ephraim Mirvis, Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of Great Britain and the Commonwealth. Behind him possibly Baron Singh of Wimbledon?

Yessssss!  The corgis have come out at last :D

• Like 5