Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

And the will :P

Hopefully if she has left any money to Harry it will be tied up in a trust for 50 years with Princess Anne as a trustee.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

And the will :P

Hopefully if she has left any money to Harry it will be tied up in a trust for 50 years with Princess Anne as a trustee.

The Will is both private and simple. Everything goes to Charles I suspect to avoid any tax. 

The last issue of Private Eye had an article that hinted that they knew she was seriously ill with not long left. I suspect there will be a lot more in the next issue, due out tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Will is both private and simple. Everything goes to Charles I suspect to avoid any tax. 

I don't think so.  It's not just money, there are things like jewellery, her horses etc.  There's already been speculation and rumours about various things.

This is lovely. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Still to be certified officially by Guinness but her funeral was watched by a staggering 4.1 billion people worldwide.

The current record holder is the 1996 Atlanta Olympics opening ceremony (3.6 billion).

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Still to be certified officially by Guinness but her funeral was watched by a staggering 4.1 billion people worldwide.

The current record holder is the 1996 Atlanta Olympics opening ceremony (3.6 billion).

Those figures are way off. It didn’t even get 30 million in the Uk. It won’t get anywhere near that even if you say those who saw 30 seconds on the news watched it. 

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Those figures are way off. It didn’t even get 30 million in the Uk. It won’t get anywhere near that even if you say those who saw 30 seconds on the news watched it. 

I like how you both didn't give evidence 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

How do they work it out?  I watched Diana's funeral on a ferry going to France, along with hundreds of other people.  How would they know those numbers?

Just reporting on what the papers are saying babe.

For now it's an estimate. It will be a while until we know for certain.

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just reporting on what the papers are saying babe.

For now it's an estimate. It will be a while until we know for certain.

A totally bonkers estimate. Just under 30 m in the Uk plus 4 million or so in Australia the two main figures so far. 

A totally bonkers estimate. Just under 30 m in the Uk plus 4 million or so in Australia the two main figures so far. 

37.5 million in the UK at "peak". When you measure the overall figure, you look at total number, not averages. 37.5 million in the UK alone is pretty incredible. That's over half of the entire population.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Prove that they are 'way off' or shut the fuck up.

I noticed more people walking, cycling and driving past my front window than when Diana had her funeral. Make of that what you will. Also, what about those parts of the World that don't have electricity, let alone a working TV or radio?

My best estimate is that 19,441,008 people in the UK tuned in yesterday and 33,186,995 cups of tea were made. Don't shoot me as, I admit, my level of accuracy isn't quite what it was.

• Thanks 1

Just think of how many more people there are on this planet right now, more than ever before. And just how many more TVs and streams there are. 

On a more personal note, I did have a short moment of sadness and befuddling realization that, yes, the Queen is gone. 

Quite possibly the most omnipresent person in my life I've never personally met.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

There was a stream on Youtube and while there are no figures it is top trending video in UK so just for that i'm guessing over 5 million views or more. Just below is an Australian news network with 6 million views of the service at Windsor.

image.png.cf6d55bc6afae675a5a5816875f361b4.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

The 27.5 or 28.5 million figure watching in the UK that I saw on the BBC is a huge underestimate anyway, as it doesn't include those watching in cinemas, pubs or churches. Guessing it also doesn't include the thousands watching on big screens in London, Windsor and elsewhere. It also doesn't include people streaming. The BBC said it was nearly 32.5 at their peak including iplayer for starters, but there's loads more people to include.

Whether we get to 4 billion I would agree is questionable but we'll see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

The 27.5 or 28.5 million figure watching in the UK that I saw on the BBC is a huge underestimate anyway, as it doesn't include those watching in cinemas, pubs or churches. Guessing it also doesn't include the thousands watching on big screens in London, Windsor and elsewhere. It also doesn't include people streaming. The BBC said it was nearly 32.5 at their peak including iplayer for starters, but there's loads more people to include.

Whether we get to 4 billion I would agree is questionable but we'll see.

Probably 75-100 million watched bits of it live with many millions more seeing bits on bulletins. 

7 hours ago, JQW said:

The last issue of Private Eye had an article that hinted that they knew she was seriously ill with not long left. I suspect there will be a lot more in the next issue, due out tomorrow.

Yes, I saw that. A day after that issue appeared she was dead. Sounds as if they had inside information as I didn't see any other hint that she was so close to the end - merely reports on Thursday morning that she'd been told to rest after meeting Johnson and Truss. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the cover, it's going to be a tricky line to tread. 

16 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Yes, I saw that. A day after that issue appeared she was dead. Sounds as if they had inside information as I didn't see any other hint that she was so close to the end - merely reports on Thursday morning that she'd been told to rest after meeting Johnson and Truss. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the cover, it's going to be a tricky line to tread. 

I can see them focussing it on truss and keeping away from joking about the Queen and royal family.

15 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

I am sure any death or event remotely tied to her will be reported here.

We still have the deaths of two remaining corgis and a pony to keep this thread going…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Windsor said:

We still have the deaths of two remaining corgis and a pony to keep this thread going…

Not forgetting that her ladies in waiting are still alive:

Lady Anne Tennant - 90

Dame Mary Anne Morrison - 85

Lady Susan Hussey - 83

Dame Annabel Whitehead - 79

Angela Kelly - 64 (not LIW really but was her stylist)

Lady Elizabeth Leeming (unsure of age)

Susan Rhodes (unsure of age)