Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

1 hour ago, drol said:

Where to start with that.

As things currently stand, the new prime minister, either Liz Truss or Rishi Sunak, will instead travel north to meet her at Balmoral, the first time that Her Majesty has undertaken this duty away from Buckingham Palace in 70 years.

Perhaps she thinks they are not worth putting herself out for.  Boris certainly isn't.  How far have our standards fallen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Where to start with that.

Perhaps she thinks they are not worth putting herself out for.  Boris certainly isn't.  How far have our standards fallen.

Also, worth noting that there's never been a Prime Ministerial change in September as people tend to know the Queen is at Balmoral that month - and that was before she was 96. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Also, worth noting that there's never been a Prime Ministerial change in September as people tend to know the Queen is at Balmoral that month - and that was before she was 96. 

Would have been one in 2016 had Leadsom not dropped out.

• Like 1

Once again, with a wheelchair she could attend any appointment and occasion easily. I wonder if she is having spinal fractures (often associated with osteoporosis)? My late Mom had some of them and definitely could not move until they settled down.

Wouldn’t be surprised is she doesn’t go to Braemar games but ends up going to London for the new prime minister. Far more important and symbolic.

48 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Wouldn’t be surprised is she doesn’t go to Braemar games but ends up going to London for the new prime minister. Far more important and symbolic.

New PM will go to Balmoral more likely 

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

New PM will go to Balmoral more likely 

If it's Truss they'll have to helicopter her in and out - caught on the ground in Scotland she'd likely get lychned

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Perhaps she won't invite them to form a Government.  Perhaps she's had enough of them like the rest of us.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Toast said:

Perhaps she won't invite them to form a Government.  Perhaps she's had enough of them like the rest of us.

If she does that, I’ll become a royalist. That is a promise.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Let us hope the Queen has no probing questions for Liz Truss. Not good to be absent for a meeting or to be tarred with the same brush as her predecessor. The queen will be looking for some answers to her increasing power costs.

Responses like I don’t have the detail for that, my (Peter Priciple) cabinet has it under control and we are restoring standards will not cut the mustard.  

Picture the scene.

Boris has his final humiliation, as the Jock hating little Englander selfish fat cunt has to go in to meet Her Majesty in Scotland (fnah fnah) to give up his position as Prime Minister. Liz Truss waits nervously outside. After all, apart from the hustings has Truss ever been in Scotland in her airhead life?

Boris stumbles out. "She died right before I was about to say the words, Liz!"

What happens next? Is Charlie available in case the Queen snuffs it? (And obviously to clarify when talking about Boris, I mean Prince Charles, not Boris' snuff of choice!)

21 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

. After all, apart from the hustings has Truss ever been in Scotland in her airhead life?

She claims childhood experience of Paisley, which Paisley is horrified by. 

(Two references to Paisley in one day. They'll want to be a city, now!)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, msc said:

Two references to Paisley?

There's a pattern there....;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Tbf I have childhood experiences of Paisley too. A very friendly lion, I seem to recall.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Picture the scene.

Boris has his final humiliation, as the Jock hating little Englander selfish fat cunt has to go in to meet Her Majesty in Scotland (fnah fnah) to give up his position as Prime Minister. Liz Truss waits nervously outside. After all, apart from the hustings has Truss ever been in Scotland in her airhead life?

Moved with her family to outskirts of Glasgow when she was 4, and attended West Primary School in Paisley
Visited Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Peterhead, September 2018
Visited Moray, March 2021
Visited Glasgow, July 2021
Visited Rosyth, September 2021

Agree with you she's a bit of an airhead, but seriously, Google is your friend.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Google is not my friend.

Every time I search for Liz Truss, it comes up with a gentleman's support with the Queen's face on it. :lol:

• Haha 1

Her not being seen since July, not even in her car and having daily visits from Charles seems to be a little concerning.

Interesting to see what Charles says tomorrow at the games when he will no doubt be asked how the Queen is and there will probably be a photo/video released of her next week with Boris/Truss. Otherwise you've got to assume she is in some way incapacitated.

We may be near the stage where the Queen will never be seen out and about in public again apart from the photos and videos released from within the palace or when they prop her up for the Christmas speech.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, openviews said:

Her not being seen since July, not even in her car and having daily visits from Charles seems to be a little concerning..

Re the daily visits from Charles, that was reported at the same time as this:

"Prince Andrew, 62, is staying at the main house, having moved in the day after the Queen arrived this month.  They are said to be locked in intense talks over his future."

So my guess would be he's keeping an eye on the Andrew situation.

23 minutes ago, openviews said:

Her not being seen since July, not even in her car and having daily visits from Charles seems to be a little concerning.

Nah, it's often the case that when she's up in Balmoral for a few months each year she's barely seen, if not at all.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, openviews said:

Interesting to see what Charles says tomorrow at the games when he will no doubt be asked how the Queen is and there will probably be a photo/video released of her next week with Boris/Truss. Otherwise you've got to assume she is in some way incapacitated.

We may be near the stage where the Queen will never be seen out and about in public again apart from the photos and videos released from within the palace or when they prop her up for the Christmas speech.

Charles will no doubt say that she is doing just fine!