On 19/09/2022 at 10:37, arghton said:

Anyone know who the people here are? Especially the frailer-looking ones

1:

funeral1.thumb.jpg.e3bd56729eb55442c25f27cfe9b2e2b0.jpg

2:

funeral3.thumb.jpg.4f294190a86ee59b68a7e2d75acd3e22.jpg

VC recipient Keith Payne is now wheelchairbound:

funeral2.thumb.jpg.8b2c3589acb6c5d4451f654065db5603.jpg

The guy in the first picture is Lord Rodney Elton. He's 92 years of age. Looking incredible for his age

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Windsor said:

We still have the deaths of two remaining corgis and a pony to keep this thread going…

The corgis are  both only a year old. They could be alive for a decade or more to come. Emma the Pony is pretty old at 24 through and her demise could well be reported when it happens in the coming year.  
Numerous other horses as well linked to her. And inevitably articles about the deaths of non notable people who participated in the funeral and other events surrounding  her death. 

2 hours ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

I noticed more people walking, cycling and driving past my front window than when Diana had her funeral. Make of that what you will. Also, what about those parts of the World that don't have electricity, let alone a working TV or radio?

My best estimate is that 19,441,008 people in the UK tuned in yesterday and 33,186,995 cups of tea were made. Don't shoot me as, I admit, my level of accuracy isn't quite what it was.

Anybody got a gun I can borrow?

On 19/05/2021 at 12:25, arghton said:

I'm willing to bet the other one (the corgi puppy) will outlive her.

Fergus seems to have been a dorgi, which means that Candy is again the Queen's only dorgi. Candy is probably very old, as the dog was in the QEII's Bond cameo in 2012

Not sure if mentioned before - Candy the dorgi died during the summer aged over 18:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11221741/Her-Majesty-distraught-death-Candy-oldest-longest-surviving-dog.html

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Toast said:

This is lovely. 

He's been really classy throughout this. Making his address in English for a rare change was nice (and probably a show of appreciation for how often she spoke French in their presence) and I thought his sign off of "To you, she was your Queen, to us she was The Queen" was beautiful.

Makes Truss's "jury's out" comment seem even more tone deaf than it already was.

Special mention too for Justin Trudeau, who looked genuinely distraught announcing her death. "She was one of my favourite people in the world."

• Like 7

Holly Willoughby and Phil Schofield are battling to keep their jobs. For Queue Jumping. The queue STRIKES BACK.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not getting all the arguments about this.  They were given priority access.  No amount of attempted justification changes that.

• Like 2

Perhaps they were the only ones who found the fast track lane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not terribly relevant really, but which channel actually showed Princess Charlotte "crying" at Wellington Arch? I was only able to look BBC up here and there was nothing like that in it, only a glimpse of her instructing Prince George to bow to Queen's coffin. I tried to google it and and only got that "iconic" photo, no actual video footage.

16 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the cover, it's going to be a tricky line to tread. 

FdKU6VBWAAE1CBE?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

The Queen treated herself to a new headstone as the old one has been replaced but updated for herself and Prince Philip. 

No images yet. 

My understanding is that there was room for two more coffins down there so Charles and Camilla were intended to be interred. Perhaps the new stone - when we see the spacing - suggested they’ll have to go somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, Windsor said:

The Queen treated herself to a new headstone as the old one has been replaced but updated for herself and Prince Philip. 

No images yet. 

My understanding is that there was room for two more coffins down there so Charles and Camilla were intended to be interred. Perhaps the new stone - when we see the spacing - suggested they’ll have to go somewhere else. 

Maybe Charles wants to be buried in a actual graveyard surrounded by nature. 

• Like 1

In my mind the original headstone had place for only two extra names. They are big and heavy coffins after all and you can not place terribly many of them in a tiny chapel. I wonder if the first headstone was also replaced with a new one when the Queen Mother was buried there.

2 hours ago, Talkative Finn said:

Not terribly relevant really, but which channel actually showed Princess Charlotte "crying" at Wellington Arch? I was only able to look BBC up here and there was nothing like that in it, only a glimpse of her instructing Prince George to bow to Queen's coffin. I tried to google it and and only got that "iconic" photo, no actual video footage.

Not the most reliable, I know... but one twitter person claims that she was yawning, not crying.

3 minutes ago, death by chocolate said:

Not the most reliable, I know... but one twitter person claims that she was yawning, not crying.

Those two photos are not consecutive.  Different people in the background.

Charlotte yawned, no surprise, it was a long tough day for a seven year old.  And she cried as well, for her GanGan.

• Like 3

There was speculation that Charlotte will be a very close supporter for future King George one day, like Anne will be to King Charles. King George V called his own favorite younger sister Princess Victoria every morning by phone and got terribly depressed when she died 3rd December 1935. He even cancelled The State Opening of Parliament (Lord Chancellor had to read the King's Speech). Her death (and long burial service) definitely fastened an already ill King's death next January.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Talkative Finn said:

In my mind the original headstone had place for only two extra names. They are big and heavy coffins after all and you can not place terribly many of them in a tiny chapel. I wonder if the first headstone was also replaced with a new one when the Queen Mother was buried there.

Certainly room for 4 more names on the old stone.

I did, however, see a graphic which suggests that the chapel is indeed now full. The caskets are stacked one above the other; the king and Queen on one side and the Queen and Prince Philip on the other. It may, however, be speculative as I doubt anyone other than the Royal family know what’s going on down there.

E242E78C-1137-4AD0-98B1-8F0961C9FCCC.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Windsor said:

I did, however, see a graphic which suggests that the chapel is indeed now full. The caskets are stacked one above the other; the king and Queen on one side and the Queen and Prince Philip on the other. It may, however, be speculative as I doubt anyone other than the Royal family know what’s going on down there.

E242E78C-1137-4AD0-98B1-8F0961C9FCCC.jpeg

Certainly plenty of articles saying it was built for six coffins but who knows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, death by chocolate said:

She was yawning and then her mam nipped her subtly but hard in back of her neck and the tears flowed. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

I think I finally found that graphic (took some serious googling):

Inside memorial chapel.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Windsor said:

Certainly room for 4 more names on the old stone

Not really, not if the same spacing is adhered to.  Unless one was added at the top, but that would be silly.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Not really, not if the same spacing is adhered to.  Unless one was added at the top, but that would be silly.

Yeah but they can always jump up and down on them to push them down a bit further to make more space, like you do with bins, eh.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yeah but they can always jump up and down on them to push them down a bit further to make more space, like you do with bins, eh.

I think she means the headstone names.

• Like 2