Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

21 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I think Covid is definitely a factor. But also, I was slightly surprised she was going to be taking a front line role anyway, leave it to Charles and William. Clear that they've purposely only released this information after the news about her being back at her desk earlier today.

All the rumours are just nonsense and are unfortunately what we're going to have to get used to until she does eventually go.

This thread then I suspect is going to be very busy and end up  rather long by the time she does die which could be some time off if she outlives her mothers age!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Showing every chance that she'll live as long as her mother at least. Moving quite quickly for someone in their mid 90's. Only just started to use a walking stick in public as well

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Toast said:

Why the fuck would she care about that clown?

I agree with Rover, I'm not sure why she needed to be going anyway.  I didn't even realise she was scheduled to go.  She should just be putting her feet up and watching racing on the telly.

I think she genuinely does care about the issue (as revealed a little bit in the overheard conversation the other week) and wanted to show her commitment to the issue (and also set an example to the likes of Xi and Putin who aren't coming). But apart from some meeting and greeting and opening proceedings, I assume her involvement would be rather limited, and given Covid, it's not worth the risk, especially given she's recently semi-recovered from some sort of exhaustion.

12 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

This thread then I suspect is going to be very busy and end up  rather long by the time she does die which could be some time off if she outlives her mothers age!

For evidence, see: Philip, Prince. :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I think also not attending  Glasgow is a sensible  covid  precaution given her age and the risk.

Lucky her - I've got the Secret Service, the Met Police, a bunch of rich folk and their aides and Extinction fucking Rebellion as neighbours for the next 3 weeks or so...

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, msc said:

Lucky her - I've got the Secret Service, the Met Police, a bunch of rich folk and their aides and Extinction fucking Rebellion as neighbours for the next 3 weeks or so...

Well I am jealous of the first two categories you name checked! Some of those secret service men and police officers can be rather sexy ! Had some great times flirting with men in uniform and men who like to go under cover!

This article (in french) claims that the queen is now « too tired » to take her dog out for a walk.

Also, not only has she lost weight, she has melted on this picture ! 

5A53A29F-012B-4CDE-BC3B-41172F3811EA.jpeg

• Facepalm 1

May have to revisit my concept of not including her maj on my 2022 shadow list

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I’m starting to become convinced she has cancer.

Why cancer ? It could be her age

• Like 1

95 year old woman experiencing strange symptoms of feeling uncomfortable on a horse and tiredness at carrying out public duties every day.

Health experts are baffled 'I've never known anything like it' one Harley Street doctor was reported to say. ' It's very hard to find a history of 95 year olds experiencing discomfort from horse riding; in fact this is the first instance I've come across'.

Another expert added 'At 95 the survival rate from cancer for more than 10 years is very low and I think there is a good chance The Queen will not be alive in 10 years'.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I’m starting to become convinced she has cancer.

What do you mean "starting to become convinced"? You haven't stopped banging on about it since she went into hospital a week ago!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Why cancer ? It could be her age

My Auntie was told by her Doctor that he had detected a potential cancer when she was 88. She already had a number of health issues. She asked him straight out "Is that what is going to kill me?" he replied that other health concerns were more pressing so she said lets not worry about it then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My Auntie was told by her Doctor that he had detected a potential cancer when she was 88. She already had a number of health issues. She asked him straight out "Is that what is going to kill me?" he replied that other health concerns were more pressing so she said lets not worry about it then.

My best mate's gran got cancer past the age of 100, but was told her metabolism was so slow it wouldn't have any impact on her end of life.

• Like 1

I could imagine her lingering around in poor health for a few years, just like Philip. There'll be at least a year or two when we just can't explain anymore why she's alive.

8 minutes ago, openviews said:

If she makes it to the 27th May 2024 she will be longest reigning monarch in history.

That seems a bit further away now than it did a few weeks ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest-reigning_monarchs

I also imagine there’ll be a bit of hesitation before Rishi signs the larger cheques for the Platinum jubilee celebrations next year.

He will just set aside the money anyway if it is not used it will pay for the funeral

19 minutes ago, openviews said:

If she makes it to the 27th May 2024 she will be longest reigning monarch in history.

That seems a bit further away now than it did a few weeks ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest-reigning_monarchs

I also imagine there’ll be a bit of hesitation before Rishi signs the larger cheques for the Platinum jubilee celebrations next year.

She will sail through the Jubilee.

What I suspect has happened is that after about a year and a half of not being able to do very much, she has tried to get back to normal only to find she hasn't gotten any younger. 

This has been a shock to the system and her 95 year old body is telling her, nah - not anymore.

She will still see 100.

The only thing to keep in mind is us plebs don't spend enough time with her to spot the early signs of dementia...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

What I suspect has happened is that after about a year and a half of not being able to do very much, she has tried to get back to normal only to find she hasn't gotten any younger. 

This has been a shock to the system and her 95 year old body is telling her, nah - not anymore.

She will still see 100.

The only thing to keep in mind is us plebs don't spend enough time with her to spot the early signs of dementia...

She has a weekly meeting with Boris Johnson so she  has probably already spotted the signs in herself

Nothing he is saying makes any sense

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Windsor said:

She will still see 100.

I'm leaning the other way on her mortality and sense a rapid decline, with HM's previously strong grip on life suddenly becoming rather fragile.

She is 116th in the list of Longest Living state leaders ever.

https://www.wikiwand.com/simple/List_of_longest-living_state_leaders 

54 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:
Video of her from today. She seems fine.

Saw this on the news tonight. It feels like the Palace are trying really hard to make it clear that she's generally fine. Some think they're trying too hard and that they're hiding that she's ill, when in actual fact it's the exact opposite and they're just trying to combat the rumours that she's at death's door. She's a 95-year-old woman being told to start thinking about acting like a 95-year-old woman. Nothing more sinister than that.

• Like 5