Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Well, at least they arrested the guy. Nice to see that the royal protection squad does notice potential threats once in a while.

No matter how great you are, somebody will always have something against you. That's not speculation, that's life.

Guest Guest

Well, at least they arrested the guy. Nice to see that the royal protection squad does notice potential threats once in a while.

No matter how great you are, somebody will always have something against you. That's not speculation, that's life.

Amusing distraction, I guess, that could never be a serious attempt..I really hope he'd just been to B&Q :lol:

Being the 6th February, the Queen marks 55 years since taking the throne.

She was at the Hague yesterday. Nothing serious I hope...

War crimes tribunal?

Deathlisters,

I have a dilema of sorts.

As you will know, I am both a monarchist and a Unionist. This puts me in a minority in Scotland, especially in my age group. Anyway, on the popular blog site 'bebo', I have found myself wrangled in intense debate over my position. The nationalists have declared me a disgrace to Scotland, and the blood spilled in battle. I won't lose any sleep over that.

Anyway, I have met some Scottish monarchists - the only problem is that they are Jacobite. With my assistance, they have decided that they want to restore the Stuart claimant to an Independent Scottish Throne. I say with my assistance because they originally place their support in the wrong pretender. :)

Anyway, they are now keen to take the Throne from this 'German Hanoverian Bitch'. The ironic thing is that they want it restored in the form of Franz, Duke of Bavaria (or as they call him, His Grace King Francis II).

As we all know, there is no chance of this happening.

My problem araises from the Queen's planned visit to Dundee next month. This group have decided to organise a get together. They will not assassinate her, but plan to egg her. So should I attempt to tip off the authorities, or should I sit back and watch them make fools of themselves?

Think you've solved the dilemma by posting here, go along with their plans to avert suspicion on yourself and then just happen to fall off yer bicycle on the morning leaving at least one joint injured. She'll be there and gone during your four hour wait in casualty. They dress your sprain, which could - of course - have been a fracture, then you go and have a pint with your mates and admire their lovely electronic tags.

Anyway, I have met some Scottish monarchists - the only problem is that they are Jacobite. With my assistance, they have decided that they want to restore the Stuart claimant to an Independent Scottish Throne. I say with my assistance because they originally place their support in the wrong pretender. :)

Anyway, they are now keen to take the Throne from this 'German Hanoverian Bitch'. The ironic thing is that they want it restored in the form of Franz, Duke of Bavaria (or as they call him, His Grace King Francis II).

As we all know, there is no chance of this happening.

I await their attempts to repeal the 1701 Act of Settlement with hilarity. Franz is disqualified on both counts as he is [a] not a descendant of Sophia of Hanover and Roman Catholic. Franz himself has never made any claim to the British throne. And to think any of this really matters in the 21st century is, well, a bit silly.

Guest Guest

the queen is clearly not going to die any time soon :)

They will not assassinate her, but plan to egg her. So should I attempt to tip off the authorities, or should I sit back and watch them make fools of themselves?

If they score a direct hit, they won't make a fool of themselves, they will make an omlette of the queen.

I have already informed them of the legal complications. They don't seem to understand the limits of Constitutional Monarchy. I tried to explain that blood right is not secondary to constitutional law.

They really are a bunch of knobbers. They only want independence because they claim their ancestors 'spilled blood on the battlefields'. They have not performed any genealogical research unlike my goodself. I most likey had ancestors on both sides during the Jacobite rebellion. If published genealogical information is correct, then I definately had ancestors on either side during the Scottish Wars of Independence in the early 14th Century.

One of my ancestors spilled blood in WW2, none of it his own, most of it Italian. Still enjoyed my 10 days in Sorrento a few years back, mind. As a rule, folks there were right welcoming.

Anyway, I have met some Scottish monarchists - the only problem is that they are Jacobite. With my assistance, they have decided that they want to restore the Stuart claimant to an Independent Scottish Throne. I say with my assistance because they originally place their support in the wrong pretender.

They weren't originally supporting that ridiculous Prince Michael of Albany, were they? They must be desperate. The Queen is half Scottish anyway, which may well be more than any of the pretenders can claim.

My problem araises from the Queen's planned visit to Dundee next month. This group have decided to organise a get together. They will not assassinate her, but plan to egg her. So should I attempt to tip off the authorities, or should I sit back and watch them make fools of themselves?

Chances are that the authorities already know about the various Scottish separatist groups.

If by any chance anyone is wondering how Franz,Duke of Bavaria can be thought of as King of the United Kingdom by a few dozen people, I've spent 45 minutes creating this family tree to show his claim (although he himself makes no claim, and none of his immediate ancestors have either).

If by any chance anyone is wondering how Franz,Duke of Bavaria can be thought of as King of the United Kingdom by a few dozen people, I've spent 45 minutes creating this family tree to show his claim (although he himself makes no claim, and none of his immediate ancestors have either).

You will all be glad to know that the Queen's visit to Dundee past without incident.

Very interesting, Lawrenson.

Let me show you the stage these people are at now:

Hanoverians, English monarchy fighting to become monarhcy of england AND scotland, therfore becoming british monarchy.

Prince charlie fighting for scottish monarchy to make scottish house of stuart monarch of britain, therefore, fighting for scottish rule therefore fighting for scotland. Also fighting to make carlise and newcastle part of scotland again, which he did on his way down to derby, but then lost it again on his way back to culloden.

He is still saying this after we agreed that George II and Bonnie Prince Charlie were about as Scottish as each other. He also seems to have missed my point that Charles was not really all that interested in Scotland. It was a good landing station full of soldiers to help him take England. He breached the border remember. I'm arguing that BPC had no problem with the Union. In my opinion, the Stuarts were only greetin because they were not in charge. Had the uprisings succeeded, the Sturats would have done as they did before 1688 - rule from England over a now United Kingdom. The only difference being that this time, there would be a strong Catholic Church and Court heavily under the thumb of France and Rome.

But then I may have gone too far (yet again).

Oldest ever UK monarch. So, respect for that achievement and all, but I'd bet this site will last long enough to see some of our membership score points on a pick of her madge.

Jacobites? Franz, Duke of Bavaria? Prince Michael of Albany? Good grief!

Why replace one antiquated, irrelevant dynasty with even more antiquated irrelevancies?

What's wrong with democracy? You know, electing your head of state rather than deciding who it should be, dependent on the vagaries of one parasitical family's reproductive tendencies. I'm genuinely depressed that deference is as prevalent as it is in this day and age.

I guess that's me off Windsor's Christmas card list.

All she has to do now is stick around for another 8 years to beat Queen Vic's stay on the throne

It all got a bit ugly when she came to West Cumbria. Didn't gan' meself, like. I'd just brewed a fresh pot of tea and thought that a more pressing commitment.

It all got a bit ugly when she came to West Cumbria.

After visiting the town, the Royal Couple headed for the Cumberland Pencil Company in Workington and lunch in Keswick before the final visit of the day to the Food Technology Centre in Penrith.

Just so reminiscent of Henry V at Agincourt, Richard I in The Holy Land, Elizabeth I and her 'heart of a king, and of a king of England'

Gawd save the Queen!

Call the Diamond Jubilee off.

The Canadians will attempt to kill her in the summer.

HRH making a first state visit in living memory to Eire. Begging the question, how many hard-line republicans are there out there with longer memories than her. Oh yeah, and Philip is going along too.