Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

HRH making a first state visit in living memory to Eire. Begging the question, how many hard-line republicans are there out there with longer memories than her. Oh yeah, and Philip is going along too.

Considering the IRA blew up the Duke's uncle, I'm sure that the couple have not forgotten the troubles.

Do hardline republicans pose a threat? No. They were only able to kill Mountbatten because he was on a private holiday with very little security. Killing a 79 year old tourist on a boating holiday? Anybody could have done that...

HRH making a first state visit in living memory to Eire. Begging the question, how many hard-line republicans are there out there with longer memories than her. Oh yeah, and Philip is going along too.

Considering the IRA blew up the Duke's uncle, I'm sure that the couple have not forgotten the troubles.

Do hardline republicans pose a threat? No. They were only able to kill Mountbatten because he was on a private holiday with very little security. Killing a 79 year old tourist on a boating holiday? Anybody could have done that...

The BBC tells me that Queenie has only 3 countries to which she has never made a state visit. Ireland and Israel I get but Greece? Are the in-laws that bad?

Queen outlasted my car! I had a bet to with a friend, whom even she out lasted. Which would die first, my 1992 Hyundai Sonata which was on it's last wheels, or her. I then did this for other tyrants and dictators. Some of which I read about here. With Suharto being the last during those months he clinged to life support.

I wonder if I should make a similar bet again? get a new used car.... something tells me she'd outlast that one too!

The BBC tells me that Queenie has only 3 countries to which she has never made a state visit. Ireland and Israel I get but Greece? Are the in-laws that bad?

Philip's cousin was turfed off the throne back in the 1973...too soon?

Mind you - she could have gone in the first 21 years of her reign.

Edit: She has apparently been banned from visiting Israel.

Nosebleed scuppers engagement. Not exactly a death sentence, but she's fast approaching 85, so it ain't exactly trivial either.

There were one or two articles floating about yesterday saying that the Royal Wedding will be used as a rehearsal for the Queen's funeral.

There were one or two articles floating about yesterday saying that the Royal Wedding will be used as a rehearsal for the Queen's funeral.

A quick ceremony followed by a bit of how's your father?

I certainly hope not.

meh what does it matter, she outlasted my car, her death is illrelevant. Unless I get another piece of shit mobile. But since I'm in Hong Kong for the next few years, and the time it'll take a used jalopy to slowly die off, (especially if I care for it), most likely she'd won't survive, or will she? hmmmm Well that does it then. I hope she lives many more years, and stays on the throne. Oh the House of Ordos like intrigue, with other relatives poisoning her. Here's to another decade of Windsor 5. May she get uglier and ugly on Canadian dollar bills...

... and QE 2 is now the second-longest serving British monarch, with no end in sight:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/13/3215698.htm

She has overtaken George III. (Wouldn't he have been a fun candidate, if only DeathList had been around in those days!)

Something similar might well have been around back then.

... and QE 2 is now the second-longest serving British monarch, with no end in sight:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/13/3215698.htm

She has overtaken George III. (Wouldn't he have been a fun candidate, if only DeathList had been around in those days!)

Something similar might well have been around back then.

Thanks for the history lesson. I am honoured to be part of such a noble tradition. ;)

Thanks for the history lesson. I am honoured to be part of such a noble tradition. ;)

Recently, evidence has surfaced that DL was active well before the 20th century:

dlkgiii.jpg

Thanks for the history lesson. I am honoured to be part of such a noble tradition. :P

Recently, evidence has surfaced that DL was active well before the 20th century:

dlkgiii.jpg

You have way too much free time on your hands this weekend, don't you? ;)

The Queen lands in Ireland today.

Could be messy...

The Queen lands in Ireland today.

Could be messy...

Indeed:

Bomb defused ahead of Queen's Irish visit

Updated 57 minutes ago

Queen Elizabeth will go ahead with a visit to Ireland despite a bomb being found on a bus near Dublin, the British Foreign Office said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/17/3219413.htm

When she goes to Croke Park will she go in an armoured car? :D

Her Maj will be sailing right under my office window on Monday morning:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary...ctober2011.aspx

Any message you want me to pass on to her, Windsor? :wacko:

Unfortunately for us, both she and Philip looked very sprightly disembarking from the plane when they touched down yesterday. In fact they looked livelier than they did at the wedding. The prospect of a holiday in the colonies must be doing them the world of good.

Any message you want me to pass on to her, Windsor? ;)

Tell her she's lovely. :wacko:

Just saw the old girl disembark from her boat. From a DeathList perspective, she looks very small and slightly hunched over but still has enough spring in her step, even on a humid day like this, to last a few more years yet.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/entertainment/26-Oct-2012/-queen-elizabeth-is-dying

Just saw this article , one of those are articles you can imagine to be true or false . Parker horse face bowles does seem to be the type though.