Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Thailand couldn't hold back the news of their King for more than a half hour before it was announced elsewhere. Social media and "innocent face" society would keep the news of the most famous woman in Britain secret for about five minutes tops.

Thailand couldn't hold back the news of their King for more than a half hour before it was announced elsewhere. Social media and "innocent face" society would keep the news of the most famous woman in Britain secret for about five minutes tops.

Shes in Norfolk!!

IF she were to die it would be at Sandringham and, I can assure you, it would be highly unlikely that people close to that Stately pile would divulge such information.

To clarify, Sandringham is an Estate, it has small 'villages' surrounding it and the people up here are fiercely loyal to Queeny and her family.

A news black out wouldn't be too difficult up here.

Been a long time since I saw the "Blair's daughter tried to kill herself over Iraq" story.

Even if that one is true, surely the conspiracy nutters skeptics would be able to understand that reporting that she was attempting to commit suicide might have driven her to commit suicide and be more successful rather than get the help she needed and the news would almost certainly have reported had she died.

No that story came from 2004.

I'm referring to something quite different in 2003.

As I recall it the "over Iraq" bit and "tried to kill herself" were hard to verify and it came down to a more plausible possibility that she had a bit of a meltdown in general and more acted out dangerous behaviour than made a serious attempt.

Tbh I can't be arsed to dig into it again but the fact she didn't appear on a pile of dead pool teams the following year would suggest the hard evidence was never there in the first place. And, of course, she remains alive to this day.

Been a long time since I saw the "Blair's daughter tried to kill herself over Iraq" story.

Even if that one is true, surely the conspiracy nutters skeptics would be able to understand that reporting that she was attempting to commit suicide might have driven her to commit suicide and be more successful rather than get the help she needed and the news would almost certainly have reported had she died.

No that story came from 2004.

I'm referring to something quite different in 2003.

As I recall it the "over Iraq" bit and "tried to kill herself" were hard to verify and it came down to a more plausible possibility that she had a bit of a meltdown in general and more acted out dangerous behaviour than made a serious attempt.

Tbh I can't be arsed to dig into it again but the fact she didn't appear on a pile of dead pool teams the following year would suggest the hard evidence was never there in the first place. And, of course, she remains alive to this day.

I didn't mention or raise Tony Blair's daughter because I felt that was inappropriate regardless of whether or not it's true. I just responded to another person who raised it and another who commented on it.

I was a bit shocked that anyone mentioned it as that is something they had a moral right to keep private.

That source is about as reliable as the original source. She still could have died.

True but it is unlikely she will of died, there is no way news as big as this would be kept secret for 24 hours. The Queen will live until she is pass a 100 years like her Mother.

That source is about as reliable as the original source. She still could have died.

Hmmmm... The game is still on, then!
Here is a more credible(?) source - an ITV producer says the old girl is fine:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ITVJamie/status/814562560045416448

The queen isn't dead.

I think we know that by now.

• Like 1

Okay, so I admit I got this from that highly reliable source known as Twitter, but Beeb and ITV vans allegedly setting up in front of Buckingham Palace.

• Like 1

Some of the responses are questioning the guy's credibility based on his previous tweets. Leaving that aside, why would they be setting up outside Buckingham, if the royals are staying at Sandringham at the moment?

• Like 1

Some of the responses are questioning the guy's credibility based on his previous tweets. Leaving that aside, why would they be setting up outside Buckingham, if the royals are staying at Sandringham at the moment?

I suspect the spokesperson would be based at Buck House; rather than accompany them to Sandringham, any official statement would probably come from there. However, it's increasingly looking like much ado about not a lot. Oddly enough I can't find any reliable sources covering the (alleged) media blackout.

Okay, so I admit I got this from that highly reliable source known as Twitter, but Beeb and ITV vans allegedly setting up in front of Buckingham Palace.

ITV haven't used yellow vans for a while iirc. Always been white with blue writing when I've seen one in public.

When you see all this hysteria caused by a cold, you wonder how people will actually react if she were to fall seriously ill or even die!

The Royal Family have been the subject of fake news by trashy American magazines for years. The Queen has long been dying, while Charles and Camilla attempt to deny Diana's kids of their right to take the throne next which is infuriating the scheming Duchess of Cambridge!

The one thing I had noted though: the Royal Mint usually release their coin designs in early November. So far they have not been released yet. :o

The one thing I had noted though: the Royal Mint usually release their coin designs in early November. So far they have not been released yet. :o

Which ones do you mean, Windsor?