Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

37 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Queens singing about a queen!

Well ... Neil, yes, but Chris remains a bit of a mystery in that respect ;)

• Like 1

When the Queen does eventually die, hopefully whoever posts here first that fateful day will use the "London Bridge is Down" code phrase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

When the Queen does eventually die, hopefully whoever posts here first that fateful day will use the "London Bridge is Down" code phrase.

I think we should start compiling a suitable playlist for the radio.  That article was very illuminating in that respect.

32 minutes ago, Toast said:

I think we should start compiling a suitable playlist for the radio.  That article was very illuminating in that respect.

Hmmm... Well, I guess we can rule out "God Save the Queen" by the Sex Pistols since it will be a bit late for that.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

So, thinking about it seriously, something like "Silent Sorrows in Empty Boats" by Gabriel-era Genesis would probably receive a tick:

1.  As per the article's guidelines, it is an instrumental.

2.  It has an ethereal quality (it is basically a precursor to New Age music). So it is the relatively sombre, chill out music they are looking for.

3.  It has an appropriate title.

4.  It ends on a serene note.  One can almost imagine Her Majesty on her final barge journey over the River Styx accompanied by its strains.

On the same Peter Gabriel note, probably one of the tracks from his "Last Temptation of Christ" soundtrack would also work, such as "The Feeling Begins".  It is another instrumental with a sombre sound.  

That's my  two cents' worth.

• Like 2

Here's a memory of mine... on the day of Diana's funeral, after days and days of coverage on her life, her death and the run up the to funeral, when the hearse finally disappeared out of sight and the programme ended, there was literally nothing else left to say or do. TV had to return to normal. Who remembers what the BBC put on the telly box? I do! It was Darling Buds of May. When the Queen Mother died, it was the film Field of Dreams. I wonder what the first 'normal. TV will be after Queenie goes??

2 minutes ago, WednesdayAddams said:

Here's a memory of mine... on the day of Diana's funeral, after days and days of coverage on her life, her death and the run up the to funeral, when the hearse finally disappeared out of sight and the programme ended, there was literally nothing else left to say or do. TV had to return to normal. Who remembers what the BBC put on the telly box? I do! It was Darling Buds of May. When the Queen Mother died, it was the film Field of Dreams. I wonder what the first 'normal. TV will be after Queenie goes??

Game Of Thrones? :P

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

First time I have ever really heard any discussion of some of King Charles' plans for the monarchy. (Minor news but it feels like a bit of a taboo has been lifted by talking about the post-Lizzie monarchy):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4358720/What-King-Charles-property.html

When the Queen dies, will we be having a long Smiths marathon over here on Deathlist?

Queen Lizzie seemed quite active over Easter, attending church services, etc, in contrast to Christmas, so it is further confirmation that she is fine now.

On 19/03/2017 at 00:56, Davey Jones' Locker said:

QE2 was born about 6 months before Chuck Berry. Hard to imagine two more different lives. :D

To pick up on an older point, its a sobering thought to realise we're not that far off haing modern young celebrities where we can go and check what Deathlist forum posts were made on the day of their birth. :o

(There''s footballers born 2000/2001 now, so, only a few years to go...)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

91 tomorrow. :party::party: :birthday::party::party:

She's not quite there yet!

Many a slip 'twixt cup and lip.

• Like 2

Just gone midnight in the UK (much more respectable 9.30 in my part of Australia), so Happy Birthday QE2!  Somehow me thinks wishing her happy birthday here will more likely get me an appointment in the Tower than a piece of cake and cucumber sandwich but the sentiment is there nonetheless.

Also my 5th wedding anniversary if anyone is interested.

• Like 3

Happy birthday your maj.

Wondered how pissed off she is at a General Election over-shadowing it. Especially as she didn't get to chose it's date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_T said:

Just gone midnight in the UK (much more respectable 9.30 in my part of Australia), so Happy Birthday QE2!  Somehow me thinks wishing her happy birthday here will more likely get me an appointment in the Tower than a piece of cake and cucumber sandwich but the sentiment is there nonetheless.

Also my 5th wedding anniversary if anyone is interested.

"The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie Mrs Lizzie?"

"The same procedure as every year, James."

12548675614_1219-full.jpg

Happy birthday, Your Maj!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

"The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie Mrs Lizzie?"

"The same procedure as every year, James."

12548675614_1219-full.jpg

Happy birthday, Your Maj!

Thanks for posting this. This short film is shown in Norway every Eve to Christmas Eve (lille julaften) in Norway!

Happy Birthday to Queen Elizabeth!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deathray said:

Is this the 91 year old version of someone sharing a baby photo on facebook next to a recent one because they don't think they've got enough Happy Birthdays. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39664797

This photo from your link caught my eye. Prince Charles has been wearing basically the same fashions since he was four years old!

_95736708_queencharles_pa.jpg

18 hours ago, Deathray said:

Happy birthday your maj.

Wondered how pissed off she is at a General Election over-shadowing it. Especially as she didn't get to chose it's date.

Not pissed off at all.  She wouldn't give a monkeys.

Here she is at  Newbury Races today.

1492786427699.jpg--queen_spends_her_91st

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home/21214/queen-spends-her-91st-birthday-at-newbury-racecourse.html