Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

3 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Was she doing a tribute to Diana?

No, I thought it was a criminal offence!

2 hours ago, redrumours said:

No, I thought it was a criminal offence!

:whoosh:

• Like 3

iirc The Queen isn't bound by seat belt rules, due to being the Queen.

• Like 1

Neither the Queen or her dad wanted the job, either. In fact, Libby spent the rest of Edward VIII's life blaming him for speeding up her dads death.

It's the ones who want the job you need to be wary about.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, msc said:

Neither the Queen or her dad wanted the job, either. In fact, Libby spent the rest of Edward VIII's life blaming him for speeding up her dads death.

It's the ones who want the job you need to be wary about.

A fair point and one made by the Voice of Young Maryport when I spoke to him recently. I was espousing the view that qualifying for a job by the random accident of having the right parents is no qualification at all. TVOYM reckoned when it comes to being head of state we should be very afraid of anyone who wants it to the point of being prepared to raise money and campaign.

• Like 3

William named in FIFA corruption report. Was at meeting: http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-28/prince-william-ex-british-pm-david-cameron-named-in-fifa-report/8659050

Also, "The Queen has also been mentioned in the report after it emerged a member of FIFA's executive had sought an audience with the British monarch during the bidding process and was seeking a knighthood in exchange for helping England's bid." 

Anyone see The Windsors on Channel Four last night?

Gloriously disrespectful!

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Anyone see The Windsors on Channel Four last night?

Gloriously disrespectful!

Will it be repeated?

Edited by redrumours
Question Mark added

Awkward moment - our Prime Minister, who is also the former head of the Australian Republican Movement, had to meet the Queen last night:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-12/malcolm-turnbull-meets-queen-elizabeth-republican-movement/8699490

"Politics is full of unpredictable events," he said during a press conference before his visit to Buckingham Palace.

"All I can say is ... most Australian republicans are Elizabethans as well." :P  

Good to read article on inside the royal marriage after the politically correct Dr Who crap:

""The Queen wears the crown, but her husband wears the trousers. He is the power behind the throne: steadfast, never-failingly supportive," Brandreth wrote.

"Because she is the Queen, no one in the world treats Elizabeth II entirely normally – except for Prince Philip. Conversely, the Queen is the only person in the world who can say to the Duke of Edinburgh, 'Oh Philip, do shut up'. And she does."

As is the case with most successful relationships: opposites attract. She is described as having "infinite patience" prefers tradition, while he "reads a good deal"."

Source:  http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/the-queen-wears-the-crown-but-her-husband-wears-the-trousers-inside-queen-elizabeth-and-prince-philips-70year-marriage-35927321.html

10 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Royal Emu Egg gift to the Queen!

1500067070130.jpg

:lol:

Could be the new poster girl for Eggheads.

• Like 1

Speaking of Royal Nazis, hereis an interesting recent article:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/the-times/royals-hide-charlie-coburg-links-and-other-secrets-in-windsor-tower/news-story/5a1d4c7e34f4728806f569cdcc512dd2

"The royal family considers its archive to be private, and permits only restricted access to selected scholars. Yet the story of Britain’s pre-war relations with Germany belongs not to the royal family, but to Britain." - I think that is Rupert Murdoch's way of sulkily saying that he can't gain access to the Royal dirt files.  

There is a lot of chatter in Norway right now that Queen Elizabeth will also be retiring soon and will appoint Prince William as her replacement. There may be an announcement soon? Odd I only find it in Norwegian.  

4 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

There is a lot of chatter in Norway right now that Queen Elizabeth will also be retiring soon and will appoint Prince William as her replacement. There may be an announcement soon? Odd I only find it in Norwegian.  

Rubbish.The Quuen took an oath until death.Aso if she did Charles would have to abdicate.It couldnt simply be left to William.

• Like 5

Can you translate a source for us here out of interest?

I'm not particularly convinced but here is an article about The Queen 'abdicating' if anyone is interested.

That wouldn't be an abdication. Daft headline.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

This is not news.

In further related news, I will not be dating Karen Gillan.

• Haha 1