Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

The Queen's Sapphire Jubilee £5

In her long reign Her Majesty The Queen has marked Silver, Golden and Diamond Jubilees and the nation has celebrated with her each time. As The Queen reaches an unprecedented milestone of 65 years since coming to the throne – the first and only British monarch to celebrate a Sapphire Jubilee – The Royal Mint has created an official UK coin to mark the moment.

sapphirejubilee.jpg

• Like 2

Sapphire Jubilee?

I'm feeling cheated out of an extra bank holiday. 

Queen delegates wreath laying on Remembrance Sunday to Charles...

Or avoids doing her national duty...

Depends whether you're a Royalist or Republican...

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I call it an ABDICATION,of duty.

17 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I suspect this might be more about Phil than Liz. If she went I think he would want to accompany her. Hysterically though Charles (well past retirement age) will be doing it in her place. Should be a job for Harry.

1 hour ago, Yama said:

Right. Queen Elizabeth is another one who definitely shouldn't make 2018's list.

In this case I don't agree.... the QEII Is such a BIG name to miss (also if she look healthier than other names in the list...)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpool said:

In this case I don't agree.... the QEII Is such a BIG name to miss (also if she look healthier than other names in the list...)

Agree. Especially after the sudden death of somebody years younger than her (Fats Domino) it jusr shows that you never know.

QEII would be a painful and embarrassing miss.

• Like 1

Put the Queen at the bottom of next year's list.49 or 50 .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Put the Queen at the bottom of next year's list.49 or 50 .

Philip at 1, Queenie at 50. Royal sandwich!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Or King Michael.

8 hours ago, Deadpool said:

The point is though that there's no way she'll die next year so it'll be a wasted choice. She'll live for another 5 years easily, possibly 10.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yama said:

The point is though that there's no way she'll die next year so it'll be a wasted choice. She'll live for another 5 years easily, possibly 10.

So you’re saying that there’s no way a 90 year old can die next year at all? Lol...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, msc said:

Philip at 1, Queenie at 50. Royal sandwich!

Philip at 1, QEII at 50, King Mihai at 25 (if he makes it that far) seems like a good idea.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Philip at 1, QEII at 50, King Mihai at 25 (if he makes it that far) seems like a good idea.

Ah, a royal club sandwich.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Yama said:

You morbid git.

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2017 at 10:03, Joey Russ said:

So you’re saying that there’s no way a 90 year old can die next year at all? Lol...

Well not no chance at all obviously, but isn't the point of this to predict the 50 people most likely to die in the next year? The Queen is healthy, active and basically doesn't look remotely close to dying in 2018.

23 minutes ago, Yama said:

Well not no chance at all obviously, but isn't the point of this to predict the 50 people most likely to die in the next year? The Queen is healthy, active and basically doesn't look remotely close to dying in 2018.

Dude, you’re seriously missing the point. If the Queen does die and she’s not on the list, EVERYONE will be complaining about the list missing her...

• Like 1

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Dude, you’re seriously missing the point. If the Queen does die and she’s not on the list, EVERYONE will be complaining about the list missing her...

OK, but I don't really get that logic. Why would people be complaining about missing the death of an old but generally pretty healthy (for her age) woman? Who also has access to probably the best medical care in the country? She's in great shape for a 90 year old and no-one would expect her to die in the next few years, let alone next year.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Yama said:

OK, but I don't really get that logic. Why would people be complaining about missing the death of an old but generally pretty healthy (for her age) woman? Who also has access to probably the best medical care in the country? She's in great shape for a 90 year old and no-one would expect her to die in the next few years, let alone next year.

Ever heard of dying in your sleep or a sudden heart attack/stroke? You seem to know a lot about the Queen's health but forget simple logic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Ever heard of dying in your sleep or a sudden heart attack/stroke? You seem to know a lot about the Queen's health but forget simple logic. 

Well, on that basis you could include anybody.

I too don't get the angst about potentially "missing" the Queen.

• Like 4

There is some seriously banal shite put onto the forum and it's not even all from me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 28/10/2017 at 03:50, Yama said:

I know what you mean, but saying that there's no way she'll die next year it's a big bet. I think every pick in the deathlist need to have a kind of balance between to be famous and how likely to die they are... the Queen maybe is healthier than other picks but is more important than a lot of them (probably the most ), and remember that she is 90 year old ... on the other side we have people like Gord Downie less famous but almost a certain death at the beginning of the year...

I don't think the level of fame, or importance, is a factor, provided the candidate meets the obit requirement. 

Even then there's a loophole - note that they "must be famous enough such that their death is expected to be reported by the UK media".

DeathList 2017, a list of 50 celebrities selected by an expert committee for their likelihood to die during 2017. There are a few rules to DeathList summarised as follows: Candidates must be famous enough such that their death is expected to be reported by the UK media; Candidates cannot be famous solely for the fact they are likely to die in the near future and only 25 candidates can reappear from the previous year’s list.

• Like 1