Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

57 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I think the Queen ALWAYS knew ...!

I think not much gets past her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I think not much gets past her.

Well it's claimed she didn't know all the Andrew stuff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toast said:

I clicked so you don't have to ..... :angel:

The Queen's dropped out of her planned visit to the Sandringham WI because she's got a cold. 

Remember they always used to say Soviet leaders had the cold just before they died ... :unsure:

Or could it be related to Prince Phillips condition? Has he taken a turn for the worse maybe? 

2 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Remember they always used to say Soviet leaders had the cold just before they died ... :unsure:

Or could it be related to Prince Phillips condition? Has he taken a turn for the worse maybe? 

I'm convinced they've both been dead for years to be honest.

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Possibly but it's reported she only puled out with 30 mins notice.

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

Possibly but it's reported she only puled out with 30 mins notice.

Well that would go along with The sudden death theory. 

36 minutes ago, Donald said:

Hmm, she doesnt really look too steady on her legs anymore. Nothing unusual at that age but I think Phillip is still walking more stable judging by his hospital exit on Christmas.

• Like 1

Only 4 more years till she's longest reigning sovereign monarch of all time

• Like 2

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11278434/queen-servant-tests-positive-coronavirus/

Concern as servant who comes regularly into contact with the Queen is diagnosed with coronavirus. Reported in the paper late last night and described as an exclusive, so I am not 100% clear if it is different from the palace worker revealed to have coronavirus in the post above mine.Especially as sometimes newspapers do not always speak strictly truthfully when they describe their stories as exclusives!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11278434/queen-servant-tests-positive-coronavirus/

Concern as servant who comes regularly into contact with the Queen is diagnosed with coronavirus. Reported in the paper late last night and described as an exclusive, so I am not 100% clear if it is different from the palace worker revealed to have coronavirus in the post above mine.Especially as sometimes newspapers do not always speak strictly truthfully when they describe their stories as exclusives!

Oh my God.That is potentially devastating news for the Royal Family.If the Queen gets it she could be a gonner ! 

• Shocked 1

But probably not as she'd get immediate around the clock health care, second to nobody. 

The virus is usually only deadly to people who dont get the treatment and diagnosis in time. Since shes is almost 94 she is still at a huge risk but less so if she gets immediate antivirotic treatment.

1 minute ago, roaming_comrade said:

The virus is usually only deadly to people who dont get the treatment and diagnosis in time. Since shes is almost 94 she is still at a huge risk but less so if she gets immediate antivirotic treatment.

What is "antivirotic treatment"?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

What is "antivirotic treatment"?

Antiviral treatment with antivirotics, I knew someone would point that out but I was too lazy to fix the sentence.

14 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

From WHO:

While some western, traditional or home remedies may provide comfort and alleviate symptoms of COVID-19, there is no evidence that current medicine can prevent or cure the disease. WHO does not recommend self-medication with any medicines, including antibiotics, as a prevention or cure for COVID-19. However, there are several ongoing clinical trials that include both western and traditional medicines. WHO will continue to provide updated information as soon as clinical findings are available.

14 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Antiviral treatment with antivirotics, I knew someone would point that out but I was too lazy to fix the sentence.

I have never heard of antivirotics.  Could you tell us more, please? 

35 minutes ago, Toast said:

I have never heard of antivirotics.  Could you tell us more, please? 

I think he is referring to drugs like Tamiflu, which is an antiviral. It may have some limited application,  but its certainly not an outright cure.  This is from their site:

Currently, however, there is no cure for this coronavirus, and treatments are based on the kind of care given for influenza (seasonal flu) and other severe respiratory illnesses, known as "supportive care," according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These treatments essentially treat the symptoms, which often in the case of COVID-19 involve fever, cough and shortness of breath. In mild cases, this might simply mean rest and fever-reducing medications such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) for comfort.

In hospitals, doctors and nurses are sometimes treating COVID-19 patients with the antiviral drug oseltamivir, or Tamiflu, which seems to suppress the virus' reproduction in at least some cases. This is somewhat surprising, Michigan Tech virologist Ebenezer Tumban told Live Science, as Tamiflu was designed to target an enzyme on the influenza virus, not on coronaviruses. The National Institutes of Health has begun a clinical trial at the University of Nebraska Medical Center to test the antiviral remdesivir for COVID-19, the agency announced Feb. 25. In China, doctors are also testing an array of other antivirals originally designed to treat Ebola and HIV, Nature Biotechnology reported.

• Thanks 2

Guesses on what the speech is going to be about?

The Queen of Denmark did the same thing a few weeks ago which basically was a: "Take this serious, you little shits, and do what you're told." 

• Like 2

She is probably addressing the nation on the reason why Camilla didn't get corona from Charles.

• Haha 2