Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

On 02/11/2020 at 07:24, arghton said:

Royal experts have usually been wrong.

I'm betting Phil, Elizabeth, Camilla and Charles will go during the next ten years. First two within five, Camilla not long after if not even before.

I think Queen Elizabeth should be on the deathlist for next year and on the following ones... and stay there until the end... if Kirk Douglas was on the list for 18 years... why she couldn't?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

I think Queen Elizabeth should be on the deathlist for next year and on the following ones... and stay there until the end... if Kirk Douglas was on the list for 18 years... why she couldn't?

To back up or refute the point, I just had a quick check on the Queen Mum: she was on every Deathlist from 1990 to her death in 2002, and was also on the inaugural list in 1987. She is a very obvious person to have on, but I'd say there's a good few 90-somethings I'd expect to die before her. But she'd be a huge miss I agree.

• Like 1

At what point do we start thinking Elizabeth will become the longest-reigning monarch of all time?

Currently fourth on the list, reigning for 68 years, 279 days. Would top the list in 2024 - Louis XIV was on the throne for 72 years, 110 days.

Interestingly enough, she is also the 22nd-longest-reigning monarch as Queen of Jamaica.

1 minute ago, Man About The Forum said:

At what point do we start thinking Elizabeth will become the longest-reigning monarch of all time?

Currently fourth on the list, reigning for 68 years, 279 days. Would top the list in 2024 - Louis XIV was on the throne for 72 years, 110 days.

Interestingly enough, she is also the 22nd-longest-reigning monarch as Queen of Jamaica.

Now, pretty much.

To surpass Louis XIV, she’s got to get to 98. Piss easy, I reckon. Aside from her mother getting to 101, she still looks amazing now at 94. Look at how much of a bag of bollocks Philip, 99, has looked for at least a decade.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Man About The Forum said:

I'll start giving it some serious consideration on the 26th may 2024....

32 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Now, pretty much.

To surpass Louis XIV, she’s got to get to 98. Piss easy, I reckon. Aside from her mother getting to 101, she still looks amazing now at 94. Look at how much of a bag of bollocks Philip, 99, has looked for at least a decade.

Coming back to this post with rotten tomatoes when she dies of the flu next summer off the DL...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Man About The Forum said:

Oldest reigning sovereign monarch that is. to beat the oldest monarch without conditions she'd have to live till 108/109.

On 12/11/2020 at 12:36, RoverAndOut said:

Saw the story and thought the same. Obviously they start planning these things plenty ahead of time, but there's no need to make it public 18 months early unless they're fairly certain she'll make it. Also seems to scotch the rumour that she's going to abdicate on her 95th birthday next year. Wonder if they expect Phillip to make it?

Do we miss out on the extra bank holiday if she doesn't?

4 minutes ago, dodrade said:

Do we miss out on the extra bank holiday if she doesn't?

Yep. Unless she dies just before in which case it'll be kept as part of a period of mourning.

On 16/11/2020 at 18:44, The Old Crem said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/16/french-broadcaster-apologises-after-killing-off-queen-and-pele

Among 100 obituaries French radio had prepared that got leaked earlier today.

just red about these leaked obituaries : I'm feeling weird knowing that we are not the only one to bet on celebrities death now… 

anyway, a lot of good names and some interesting ones, you may like it !

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

just red about these leaked obituaries : I'm feeling weird knowing that we are not the only one to bet on celebrities death now… 

anyway, a lot of good names and some interesting ones, you may like it !

It's not about betting on celebrity's deaths and it's not a new phenomenon. News organisations have huge libraries of obituaries on a variety of prominent figures from all walks of life often many years before their deaths just in case. Has it never struck you as odd that a death happens very suddenly (e.g. Alan Rickman) and within 5 minutes there's a report on the television "Joe Bloggs looks back on his life..." followed by a full obituary piece? These are regularly updated as new things happen to those people. Diego Maradona's obituary will have been prepared for years now and then pulled out last week.

There's lots of articles online about pre-prepared obituaries, the interesting case in point (particularly given this thread) is the plans already set out for the Queen's eventual passing. In 2015, when she had a routine operation, the BBC did a rehearsal of their protocols for the day (just in case) but a journalist missed an email warning them of the test and accidentally tweeted she'd died. The full plan, constantly updated by the Palace and key institutions, is called Operation London Bridge and this article from the Guardian is fascinating if you're interested in this sort of thing and have 20 minutes to spare. A similar plan (on less grand a scale) exists for Prince Philip's demise (Operation Forth Bridge).

• Like 1

My favourite is the circa 2002 CNN leak when they accidentally put up skeletal obituary drafts of 100 people based on their Queen Mum obituary, which meant it had the likes of Dick Cheney and Pope John Paul II with headlines citing them as "the nation's favourite grandmother".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Queen Elisabeth down to her last Corgi.

Vulcan is dead, only Candy remains...

When Candy goes do you think she will give up the will to live? Obviously when Philip goes she'll probably take it in her stride but Candy...:unsure:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

When Candy goes do you think she will give up the will to live? Obviously when Philip goes she'll probably take it in her stride but Candy...:unsure:

Here you go, you fuckwitt, just in case you begin to sob uncontrollably and tell everyone just how much you were a fan of Candy, you had the posters on the wall etc etc.

PS: Respect, you are an OUTSTANDING troll, one of the best.:bow:

1516640775_9810.jpg

• Haha 3

It is worth noting that, as of today, she is the 7th oldest ruling state leader in History at 94 years and 236 day, surpassing Mahathir Mohammed who was one day younger when he resigned.

Why do people update this message everytime Queen Elizabeth breathes? This website is so excited for royal death that half the users are going to die.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Why do people update this message everytime Queen Elizabeth breathes? This website is so excited for royal death that half the users are going to die.

I believe the real question is why you like our fish so much?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Windsor said:

I believe the real question is why you like our fish so much?

Have you ever tasted French Fish? That is why.

31 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Have you ever tasted French Fish? That is why.

One man's meat is another man's poisson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Toast said:

One man's meat is another man's poisson.

Bravo, that's art right there. :lol: :clap: