Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

I still fondly remember the Christmas when I said,

"That's it, enough, you can cook your own fucking goose, I'm off"

and was as good as my word.  :D

• Like 1

Seems frailer than normal. 

Genuinely beginning to wonder if Phil is already dead/seriously ill - this is the second time in less than a month he's missed and engagement we'd traditionally see him at. 

• Facepalm 3

48 minutes ago, IdiotsEverywhere said:

Seems frailer than normal. 

Genuinely beginning to wonder if Phil is already dead/seriously ill - this is the second time in less than a month he's missed and engagement we'd traditionally see him at

He's never in the Queen's Christmas broadcast aside from footage from events. It's literally in the name of the programme. It's her broadcast, not his and given he's no longer a working royal I'm sure he couldn't give two shits about appearing in it now.

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

He's never in the Queen's Christmas broadcast aside from footage from events. It's literally in the name of the programme. It's her broadcast, not his and given he's no longer a working royal I'm sure he couldn't give two shits about appearing in it now.

I was referring to Christmas morning worship where we normally seeing them both go to church, you utter dingbat. 

25 minutes ago, IdiotsEverywhere said:

I was referring to Christmas morning worship where we normally seeing them both go to church, you utter dingbat. 

There was non worship. You dingbat. They aren't at Sandringham.

• Like 1

Was it last year or the year before when people had them both dead and buried because they both had colds and missed the Christmas day service?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Windsor said:

There was non worship. You dingbat. They aren't at Sandringham.

Churches were open for Christmas Day. could have gone to a local one but didn't. You dingbat

11 minutes ago, IdiotsEverywhere said:

Churches were open for Christmas Day. could have gone to a local one but didn't. You dingbat

Have you checked?  They are in Windsor, which is in Berkshire.  Berkshire is currently in Tier 4.  Churches are allowed to open, but many have chosen to cancel services.

Anyway they have their own chapel within Windsor Castle, so there was no need to go elsewhere.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

Have you checked?  They are in Windsor, which is in Berkshire.  Berkshire is currently in Tier 4.  Churches are allowed to open, but many have chosen to cancel services.

Anyway they have their own chapel within Windsor Castle, so there was no need to go elsewhere.

Fair enough, the chapel inside the grounds closed. https://www.stgeorges-windsor.org/worship-music/services/

Looks like her local parish church was open though, and it's less than 0.1 miles from her house, apart from being overly cautious or concern about public optics - there's no reason they couldn't have worshipped in person unless the church was fully booked - .http://www.windsorparishchurch.org.uk/

Windsor is now under Tier 4 COVID restrictions. Services in places of worship are permitted so our Christmas services will go ahead as planned.

10 minutes ago, IdiotsEverywhere said:

Fair enough, the chapel inside the grounds closedhttps://www.stgeorges-windsor.org/worship-music/services/

Looks like her local parish church was open though, and it's less than 0.1 miles from her house, apart from being overly cautious or concern about public optics - there's no reason they couldn't have worshipped in person unless the church was fully booked - .http://www.windsorparishchurch.org.uk/

Closed to visitors.  They aren't visitors.

This year the Queen, a Christian and supreme governor of the Church of England, was understood to be attending a private Christmas Day service at a chapel inside Windsor Castle to avoid large crowds of well-wishers gathering.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/25/the-queen-and-duke-of-edinburgh-spend-christmas-day-at-windsor-castle

I don't know if that means St George's Chapel, or if there's a smaller private chapel inside the castle. There may well be.

• Like 2

Just now, Toast said:

This year the Queen, a Christian and supreme governor of the Church of England, was understood to be attending a private Christmas Day service at a chapel inside Windsor Castle to avoid large crowds of well-wishers gathering.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/25/the-queen-and-duke-of-edinburgh-spend-christmas-day-at-windsor-castle

I don't know if that means St George's Chapel, or if there's a smaller private chapel inside the castle. There may well be.

Stuck up out of touch cunt even gets waited on to the point of getting an entire church to herself. Better the vicar passed the communion bread to her butler to deliver.... :lol:

• Facepalm 2

Just now, IdiotsEverywhere said:

Stuck up out of touch cunt even gets waited on to the point of getting an entire church to herself. Better the vicar passed the communion bread to her butler to deliver.... :lol:

The words you're looking for are "my mistake".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

The words you're looking for are "my mistake".

Not at all, the most pompous overblown version of home communion on the planet in your own private chapel is not the same as attending a real church.

Amazes me how this Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Mafia have the cheek to pretend to be at all in touch with the the ordinary folk when they have insane luxuries like this to bubble themselves from everybody else. 

The fact they opted to have a bespoke private service rather than attending an open worship service a real church or jumping on a virtual service is either a mighty impressive display of selfishness or a mighty impressive reminder that they are stuck up cunts who live in their own world and have access to realities most of us don't.

1 hour ago, IdiotsEverywhere said:

Not at all, the most pompous overblown version of home communion on the planet in your own private chapel is not the same as attending a real church.

Amazes me how this Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Mafia have the cheek to pretend to be at all in touch with the the ordinary folk when they have insane luxuries like this to bubble themselves from everybody else. 

The fact they opted to have a bespoke private service rather than attending an open worship service a real church or jumping on a virtual service is either a mighty impressive display of selfishness or a mighty impressive reminder that they are stuck up cunts who live in their own world and have access to realities most of us don't.

Happy Christmas, Deathr-    oh.

Its quite subtle but I'm beginning to think our pal Deathray might not be a royalist...:D

Did anyone notice that the only photo on her desk was of Prince Charles- heir to the throne.is this a subtle indication that she might be planning to abdicate in 2021 ,possibly following the death of Phillip ? :unsure:

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Did anyone notice that the only photo on her desk was of Prince Charles- heir to the throne.is this a subtle indication that she might be planning to abdicate in 2021 ,possibly following the death of Phillip ? :unsure:

I don't think that she will abdicate before her platinum jubilee.

31 minutes ago, Donald said:

I don't think that she will abdicate before her platinum jubilee.

Maybe she can't be bothered with the hassle of it all so  she wants to quit next year to avoid it...

3 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

For the last time, the Queen’s position has ALWAYS been that she will never abdicate.

Do you honestly think she’s lacing her speech with subliminal spoilers?

Toilet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Toast said:

There is - rebuilt after the 1992 fire started in the original one.

The photo was Philip I thought.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

For the last time, the Queen’s position has ALWAYS been that she will never abdicate.

Toilet.

The Queen's position? Roughly from behind one presumes. 

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Toilet.

Yeah she won't abdicate. Charles might though depending on when he ascends to throne.

20 hours ago, IdiotsEverywhere said:

They have their own private fucking chapel at Windsor. Their own fucking church. So they didn't need to leave the castle you fucking dingbat.

8 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Toilet.

She might abdicate. Back in 1947, or whatever, when she made that much referenced speech she probably thought she'd live to see 85 max. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Windsor said:

She might abdicate. Back in 1947, or whatever, when she made that much referenced speech she probably thought she'd live to see 85 max. 

Very true but I still think she takes the oath very seriously and believes she should see it out. She has taken steps to reduce her workload and allow Charles to take over more responsibilities and those may extend a little further but I'd be surprised if she'd completely abdicate unless her health deteriorated significantly.

Charles may abdicate, although if you've waited 70+ years for your chance, you'll probably want to enjoy the role for the little time you're going to have anyway. William I'd fully expect to eventually abdicate in line with the precedent of other monarchies worldwide these days.