Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

3 hours ago, Rhys said:

Well now that Phil's gone, she's either got 3 weeks left or will carry on for another 15 years.

She’ll live for a long time yet. 

She has to oversee the revenge killing of Meghan Markle who didn’t do the Duke of Edinburgh’s heart condition any favours. There’s a tunnel somewhere with her name on it...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Windsor said:

She has to oversee the revenge killing of Meghan Markle who didn’t do the Duke of Edinburgh’s heart condition any favours. There’s a tunnel somewhere with her name on it...

I was wondering how long it’d be before it was Meghan’s fault Philip died :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Won't be a happy 95th birthday to her sadly, since Phil died just 12 days short to it.

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Won't be a happy 95th birthday to her sadly, since Phil died just 12 days short to it.

What a scoop.

8 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I was wondering how long it’d be before it was Meghan’s fault Philip died :rolleyes:

Fuck off you massive wank.

Just now, reaper rose said:

I wish you lived to be 110 years old

I wish you banned... as soon as possible.

not this year but as the loss of her partner takes it's toll maybe a contender for 2022

she looks really healthy. Lets be imagine Phillip was looking half dead for the last 5 years. Lizzie literally looks exactly the same as 10 or 15 years ago. She sort of went from grey haired woman to white haired woman and hasnt changed since then. Still working about, still looking healthy and no health issues/hospital visits.

Lizzie to last till 100 at the very least but i would imagine 2030 at the earliest where she'll be about 104. I think her mum got to 101 so it wouldnt be that much of a stretch and the Queen Mother at 95 didnt look as good as our Lizzie currently. 

By the time charles gets to the throne he'll be 80 years old. All seems eerie similar to the start of the 20th century. Vicky dies in 1901 after a long reign considering for the time. Her poor son gets the throne pretty ancient. He has health issues and reigns barely about 9 years. Prince WIlliam would then get to the throne about the same age as King George V and reign for about 20 odd years. 

King William will die and King George will take the throne but then step down and abdicate to marry an american divorcee. In the old days at that point Prince Louis would become king to mirror the King george of 1936-52. Without him instead Queen Charlotte takes the throne but she's a smoker and after world war 3 passes away from lung cancer and the throne passes to her eldest Princess Elizabeth named after her great grandmother who then reigns for 80 odd years. 

*Repeat* 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

(warning: schoolboy humour). She is a bit of a goer is Liz. "During a private event held at Windsor Castle, the Queen accepted her former royal aide's wand". The Queen carries out first duty since Prince Philip's death - BBC News

Harry Potter must've been fun for you...

Watched DoE's funeral

I was afraid she'd fall when she walked into the church

3 minutes ago, arghton said:

I was afraid she'd fall when she walked into the church

Didn’t watch it, but so was I; the only deadpool I’ve picked her in is Inverse.

• Like 1

She does look wobbly on her feet but as her husband of 70+ years just died I think she's allowed to not feel her best right now.

• Like 5

Horrible that she had to sit through it alone.

On the bright side, she didn't have to sit next to that little shit Harry.

• Like 3

For anyone to sit alone when bereaved of a close relative is barbaric.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 05/04/2021 at 03:34, Roy_Al said:

How do you know that?

From years of blending into a crowd. Which....................... is difficult to do at a funeral with only 30 guests

I wish the Queen hadn't sat alone. 

If it was OK for her lady-in-waiting to travel in the car with her, surely she could have sat with her in the chapel too.  Lady Susan has been with the Queen for 60 years and must have known Prince Philip better than most.  It would have been nice if that individual who has been married to Princess Beatrice for five minutes had given up his place to her.

I hope it was because the Queen preferred it that way.

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

I wish the Queen hadn't sat alone. 

If it was OK for her lady-in-waiting to travel in the car with her, surely she could have sat with her in the chapel too.  Lady Susan has been with the Queen for 60 years and must have known Prince Philip better than most.  It would have been nice if that individual who has been married to Princess Beatrice for five minutes had given up his place to her.

I hope it was because the Queen preferred it that way.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case. She's the Head of State and her immediate family do care about her a great deal. If she wanted a companion, it could have been accommodated within the 30. I suspect she wanted a last moment of quiet intimacy with her husband and her thoughts.

I saw that there was only one journalist allowed in the Chapel, from the BBC, and she was in a hermetically sealed box in the rafters of the Chapel observing. She said that at one point, not picked up by the cameras, the Duke of York (who was seated closest to her) looked over to check she was alright and they shared a brief moment.

• Like 1