Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

13 hours ago, BonScott said:

80 seat majority is a convincing win, especially as 2 years earlier May didn’t even get a majority, relied on a DUP coalition to govern, so there is no doubt that Boris was the main reason for the landslide v Corbyn, May never even got a majority against him

Never underestimate Boris’s popularity, when he visited my constituency even in height of Partygate he was mobbed like it was Brad Pitt or George Clooney

If tories want to win next election they need to reach out to him and bring him back into the fold, 

The numbers of seats is slightly misleading because they gamed the election (something the FPTP lets you do) he targeted specific Labour held seats with messages that were focused on a very specific demographic. Those Red Wall seats have now come to the conclusion they were used and the current Conservative party doesn't give a flying fuck about them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Comped said:

How many decades until we find out what was in those letters? I have a feeling it might not be for another 50-plus years, by which point I will be certainly retired... And who knows if this site will exist by then.

Don't worry about it. What we don't know, folks like Lady Colin Campbell will make up. 

17 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

My dad wants Robert Hardman punished for writing this book. 

No offence, but I think most of us think your family are reactionary cranks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The numbers of seats is slightly misleading because they gamed the election (something the FPTP lets you do) he targeted specific Labour held seats with messages that were focused on a very specific demographic. Those Red Wall seats have now come to the conclusion they were used and the current Conservative party doesn't give a flying fuck about them.

I live in one of those red wall seats and everything the newspapers were scaring people into thinking would happen under a Corbyn government (record tax burden, startled volatile markets, record high debt) has come true under the Tories instead, so people have now woken up. 

• Like 5