Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Can't help but think that the Royals are letting things go...

Still, at least the trains would run on time.

Can't help but think that the Royals are letting things go...

Still, at least the trains would run on time.

Yeah I was sat next to her on the Jubilee Line (naturally) the other day. She has an Oyster card.

The Queen's health is in question:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

In the last three months she has had a burst blood vessel, a bad back and now it appears she's getting IV treatment. There were rumours of cancer a few weeks back.

The headline reads "Plaster on Queen's hand: minor cut or IV drip?", which is so unfair, because if it was Lindsay Lohan or Nicole Richie the speculation would have been "suicide attempt?" And I bet neither of them have ever sunk to having to ride the Tube.

In the last three months she has had a burst blood vessel, a bad back and now it appears she's getting IV treatment. There were rumours of cancer a few weeks back.

The headline reads "Plaster on Queen's hand: minor cut or IV drip?", which is so unfair, because if it was Lindsay Lohan or Nicole Richie the speculation would have been "suicide attempt?" And I bet neither of them have ever sunk to having to ride the Tube.

I bet the Queen has never flashed her c**t emerging from a Land Rover either.

Hang on, there's got to be a joke about Prince Philip in there somewhere.

I think she did actually, at a Highland Games in the 1980s. Wind blew her skirt up and she got her knickers in a twist.

• Like 1

I think she did actually, at a Highland Games in the 1980s. Wind blew her skirt up and she got her knickers in a twist.

Gosh - I bet that had Prince Philip tossing his caber. But all this tomfoolery is digressing from the purpose of the thread - I think she's fine, and I bet my dinner she will last a good few more years yet.

I've heard mumblings of The Big C, with the splicing of Horse-Face and Jug-'Ead being a little rushed through to ensure the old dear was there.

Surely one of our few correspondants who give a flying one about the House Of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha may enlighten us further.

It's a plaster. Not the end of the world.

She'll be alright for a while. But she is in her eighties now and DL wll keep watch for any developments...

I've heard mumblings of The Big C

That rumour has been going round for about as long as the one regarding her third child having a certain "big disease with a little name" :huh:

Re 'Randy Andy' and the AIDS rumour; leave it, he's too fat for it to be true, okay?

Hmm, interesting. Apparently at least one large concert promoter is not booking large scale UK tours for next year because of the financial implications that would be caused by 'unforseen nationwide cancellations'

Been thinking about this.

There is no doubt rumours have been going around and the picture of the plaster and subsequent "corgi" claim did little to quieten them down.

However, the "Andrew has HIV" one seems unlikely. It comes from the time when Fergie said she had tests for HIV twice, and there was some dispute about when these were. But, to be honest, it's no surprise if she was tested before marrying given that when the wedding was and the AIDS-paranoia sweeping the world at the time and because it was accepted she had a "life" before Randy.

But, despite having heard rumours about the Queen and having cancer - normally lung cancer, which isn't surprising given her father and grandmother (Queen Mary) both died of it - there are so many different spins on what cancer it is.

Then again, if one was to assume that her recent back problems were actually due to the presence of spinal tumours, which are often metastases from lung cancer, then perhaps there is some truth in it.

But that's just pure speculation.

If anyone had some concrete evidence - or even enough to put something together - it would already be out there. Look at the case with Katherine Blair - that was released all over the web despite (as is said on some websites) the use of D-notices so surely anything about the Queen couldn't be kept quiet.

If the Queen did have cancer why should anyone want that to be kept quiet?

This might sound daft, but if the Queen did have some serious illness, and one that could take her at any time, could that perhaps have an effect on the global markets?

If the Queen was to cark it, the courts wouldn't sit (I presume) in the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc, etc, and the Parliaments would rise.

As we know that would happen, could it not cause a wobble if we thought she could go at any time?

Or am I talking complete drivel, as usual? :huh:

I'm still saying she'll see her Diamond Jubilee.

What's that? They have put a notice up at the Palace gates....

This might sound daft, but if the Queen did have some serious illness, and one that could take her at any time, could that perhaps have an effect on the global markets?

Or am I talking complete drivel, as usual? :huh:

great one DH.

Hein is in for a Treat in 2007.

So she will be in America and Holland next year. Not the actions of a dying woman.

If anything, it sounds like they are trying to run her to an early grave.

Hein is in for a Treat in 2007.

So she will be in America and Holland next year. Not the actions of a dying woman.

If anything, it sounds like they are trying to run her to an early grave.

Of course this gives me the opportunity to help DL to make an early hit, perhaps even two. Amsterdam is an hour's drive by train, The Hague that by bicycle.

Truth is: I probably won't notice.

regards,

Hein

Being the 6th February, the Queen marks 55 years since taking the throne.

She was at the Hague yesterday. Nothing serious I hope...

A man has been arrested for carrying an axe within yards of where the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh were set to stage a walk-about.

Could have been messy - just like great granpa Charles I...

A man has been arrested for carrying an axe within yards of where the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh were set to stage a walk-about.

The Royal Ripper. I guess some blade sharpening maniac phycho's wish to see A red carpet in the UK.

Well, at least they arrested the guy. Nice to see that the royal protection squad does notice potential threats once in a while.