Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Have to say she's not been seen in public too much recently....

Guest spade man

I had a dream last night that she'd died of a stroke and Charlie was king. Hadnt seen the article so its all a bit spooky

Only the other night I was pondering on the contrast of health between the Queen and Thatcher as there are six months between the two in ages...

Thatcher's chances of a State Funeral would be diminished if we had only just had one for QEII or DoE.

Thatcher's chances of a State Funeral would be diminished if we had only just had one for QEII or DoE.

I doubt she'll get one anyway, no ex-PM has since Churchill and she is too divisive a figure. Cameron would be pilloried by the Opposition, the public, not to mention the Lib Dems if he even contemplated it.

Globe magazine claims the 86-year-old British royal’s health is getting worse and she’s fading fast. According to the magazine, Elizabeth’s health woes are said to have triggered a bitter battle for the crown by her scheming daughter-in-law Camilla who’s trying to sabotage Prince William and Kate Middleton from stepping up to the throne. “The Queen’s condition is fading and ruthless Camilla has been plotting,” a source said.

What is all this rubbish about? Since when was Prince William heir to the throne?

Globe magazine claims the 86-year-old British royal’s health is getting worse and she’s fading fast. According to the magazine, Elizabeth’s health woes are said to have triggered a bitter battle for the crown by her scheming daughter-in-law Camilla who’s trying to sabotage Prince William and Kate Middleton from stepping up to the throne. “The Queen’s condition is fading and ruthless Camilla has been plotting,” a source said.

What is all this rubbish about? Since when was Prince William heir to the throne?

Yes it seems that the Globe hasn't quite grasped the basics of British constitution law in regards to monarchical succession...

• Like 1

Yes it seems that the Globe hasn't quite grasped the basics of British constitution law in regards to monarchical succession...

They don't care. They bank on the average American knowing little or nothing about succession while being enamored by William and Kate. A nice soap opera like villain and lovebirds and dying rich grandmother sells well in your average US grocery store checkout line.

• Like 2

Guest Guest

What do they mean the Queens health is fading? Didn't they see her jump out that bloody helicopter at the Olympics?!

I doubt she'll get one anyway, no ex-PM has since Churchill and she is too divisive a figure. Cameron would be pilloried by the Opposition, the public, not to mention the Lib Dems if he even contemplated it.

Yes I suppose its ironic that she had more chance of one when Blair was PM than now with Cameron.

http://www.nation.co...zabeth-is-dying

Just saw this article , one of those are articles you can imagine to be true or false . Parker horse face bowles does seem to be the type though.

Here is the cover of the US tabloid that sparked the story:

GL45_JPG_cover.jpg

Just to update this story.

She is now closer to death than when this was first published and we can reveal that both her parents......died!

Buy black now while its still cheap.

This Camilla-is-the-evil-stepmother thing has been going a while - a similar story (minus the dying bit) was on the front cover of another of these rags when I was out in the States in June, saying how she was plotting to persuade Liz to name Charles as her successor instead of William. It's obviously the narrative they think Americans will understand

• Like 1

Yes I suppose its ironic that she had more chance of one when Blair was PM than now with Cameron.

Though I'm sure many within the Tories will lobby for one, Mr. Cameron would be well advised not to yield to them

The Queen is dying and she's begging the Duchess of Cambrige to produce an heir! If Kate falls pregnant the Queen will change her will so the throne will skip Charles and his scheming wife!

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2012/kate-middleton-pregnancy-for-dying-queen-elizabeth-1110/

Fucking retards.

• Like 1

The Queen is dying and she's begging the Duchess of Cambrige to produce an heir! If Kate falls pregnant the Queen will change her will so the throne will skip Charles and his scheming wife!

http://www.celebdirt...elizabeth-1110/

Fucking retards.

I am sure Her Majesty would be thrilled at the way they refer to her as "his mom" in that article.

:P

Another choice passage: "The Queen no longer trusts Charles greedy wife, Camilla Parker-Bowles, who was recently forced into a detox facility for her alcoholism. Elizabeth knows only too well how dangerous it will be for the monarchy’s future should a ‘Queen Camilla’ ever sit with Charles as ruler of the glorious British Empire."

Let's not even talk about the grammar and punctuation errors...

Guest Guest

She should be on the list every year.

It would be a great miss, if Britain's most popular deadpool misses the death of Britain's most popular person...

She should be on the list every year.

It would be a great miss, if Britain's most popular deadpool misses the death of Britain's most popular person...

It didn't Clive Dunn died last week.

I don't think the Queen needs to be the resident 'just-in-case' on the list at the minute. I'd go with the Duke of Edinburgh first, then the Queen when he dies.

Having said that, I think it would be more of a disaster if we missed Margaret Thatcher - so she really should be the 'just-in-case' pick until she does a Dunn.

I don't think the Queen needs to be the resident 'just-in-case' on the list at the minute. I'd go with the Duke of Edinburgh first, then the Queen when he dies.

I still suspect they will go close together. Despite his [alleged] philandering, he has been by her side throughout her reign and there will be a huge void in her life if he goes first. I think she will be dead within six months of him.

I think Queen Lizzie will be able to live on for a few years after Philip goes the way of the Greek economy. Though she might not reign for that long afterwards. Her mother lived for a very long time after her father died, Victoria reigned for decades after the death of her beloved Albert. I think part of the problem is our 'romantic' view of the monarchy, she will be Queen until she drops dead or is unable to remember her own name.

I did not mean she was going to live for another fifty years. I was just suggesting that we should not have such a romantic view of the Royals, they are of course people but we should not underestimate the sense of duty that is drummed into them. She has been taught from a very young age that the continuation of the monarchy is far more important than the feelings of any one individual. I just do not think that the death of Philip will automatically mean she needs to be placed on the critical list. That being said, at her age a sneeze could be the beginning of the end.