Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Loath though I am to post anything from the S*n, thought this might be of interest.

_84349271_84349268.jpg

This from the BBC:

The black and white footage, which lasts about 17 seconds, shows the Queen playing with a dog on the lawn in the gardens of Balmoral, the Sun claims.

The Queen Mother then raises her arm in what looks like a Nazi salute, and after glancing towards her mother the Queen mimics the gesture. Prince Edward, the future Edward VIII, is also seen raising his arm.

Could Queen Elizardbreath II's grip on the national media be waning at last? Or is this one last act of vengeance from Murdoch before he carks it?

Shit paper JFT96. I noticed they didn't report the England squad did the same thing in 1938. Five years later.

That's a fair comment, There is a picture floating about somewhere of those players giving it the 'Heil five' or summat.

However, and its not too unfair to say it, the England squad may have been doing that out of 'respect' for their German hosts..............aswell as having been told to by the foreign office!!

I think the point of the Suns expose has been missed by some.

Its not about a child giving the Heil Five its about her mother and uncle Edward the VIII being fucking Nazis.

Well they were, right?

I tried to post the picture of the England team doing the nazi salute, but I don't seem to be able to do it on an iPad. Or maybe I'm just a dick when it comes to posting pics on said iPad.

I had the pic as my signature on various forums for years.....

photo-23278.jpg

• Like 1

This is the one PB ( actually there are loads taken from all angles)

_64634718_salute_zpshzevdbi7.jpg

Different lfn, look at the keeper.

Nazi country , nazi players, nazi history revamp. No surprise.

The hype has begun:

"Queen Elizabeth will next month become Britain's longest-ruling monarch after 63 years on the throne and there is little chance of her stepping aside in favour of son Charles..."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-20/queen-to-become-longest-reigning-monarch-in-uk/6710116

The Queen will go when she dies. Charles, providing he hasn't died by then, will be King until he dies. Then the masses will get William. The Queen is too enamored with duty to step down*, and Charles, iirc, is determined to last as long as possible so that William isn't thrown into the monarchy before he is mentally ready.

*That said, for all her public political neutrality, I'd love it if she just did a big shoot interview one day. "He's a bigot, he's a bigot, she's a secret lizard person, he's a spy, Thatcher's a cunt, peace out..." etc.

The Queen will go when she dies. Charles, providing he hasn't died by then, will be King until he dies. Then the masses will get William. The Queen is too enamored with duty to step down*, and Charles, iirc, is determined to last as long as possible so that William isn't thrown into the monarchy before he is mentally ready.

*That said, for all her public political neutrality, I'd love it if she just did a big shoot interview one day. "He's a bigot, he's a bigot, she's a secret lizard person, he's a spy, Thatcher's a cunt, peace out..." etc.

Prince William is older than the Queen was when she took the realm, it's not about mental readiness - Charles has just waited too long not to take it.

Prince William is older than the Queen was when she took the realm, it's not about mental readiness - Charles has just waited too long not to take it.

I should have mentioned that I read about that when William was still a teen.

But anyhow, yeah, he ain't stepping aside. [And nor should he, really.]

Except for his history of political meddling unbecoming of a modern era king and potentially ready to undo what George VI and later the Queen worked for.

Except for his history of political meddling unbecoming of a modern era king and potentially ready to undo what George VI and later the Queen worked for.

We know he meddles. We don't know, beyond whispering, how much the Queen has meddled.

Besides, the first thing the palace suits would do is make Charles watch To Play a King over and over till he got the message.

• Like 1

"I think I've done my bit don't you" - Queen Elizabeth

She's abdicating - you heard it first here.

No she isn't. She just wants Charles out of the country.

• Like 4

Becomes our longest reigning monarch on Wednesday. If you don't count James Stuart.

I wonder how much extra mileage she'll add on to it, and whether we'll see the person to break the record in our lifetimesl

No she isn't. She just wants Charles out of the country.

Somewhere in the north sea so the radar people can pick up Russian jets when it all kicks off?

As the national press prepare for descent into sycophancy regarding Queen Elizabeths longest reign in UK history lets put her reign into context:

She needs to live until Friday 8th August 2034, another 19 years 38 days to beat King Sobhuza II of Swaziland as worlds longest reigning monarch, providing Bhumibol Adulayedej dies at least six and a half years before that. She'd be 108 if she managed that.

Becomes our longest reigning monarch on Wednesday. If you don't count James Stuart.

I wonder how much extra mileage she'll add on to it, and whether we'll see the person to break the record in our lifetimesl

Unlikely as William is already older than she was when she took the throne. It would probably take for William to die tragically young and for George to live as long as Philip for us to have any chance. The better chance will lie with George's children's generation.
  • Like 2

Some random trivia about the Queen's reign here: http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-10/by-the-numbers-queen-elizabeth-ii-reign/6755582

The most interesting quote is the one at the end, in which she describes Phil as "my strength and stay", lending more credence to the theory that she might not live long after he goes.

More random trivia about the Queen: http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-09/things-you-may-not-know-about-the-queen/6756042

So the secrets to longevity are to avoid seafood whilst abroad, have chocolate after dinner and to drink Malvern water...

Vic versus Liz: http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-10/queens-reign-rooted-in-ancestor-victoria/6747446

History's longest and shortest reigning monarchs: http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-08/longest-and-shortest-crowned-monarchs/6748650

She got the Crown at half five when her da died in his sleep.

That's half five PM folks....

As the national press prepare for descent into sycophancy regarding Queen Elizabeths longest reign in UK history lets put her reign into context:

The only person the press have been more sycophantic to in the last week has been Wayne Rooney, and I'd sooner haver her up front in the Euros than that Maris Piper lookalike any day...

• Like 3

Unlikely as William is already older than she was when she took the throne. It would probably take for William to die tragically young and for George to live as long as Philip for us to have any chance. The better chance will lie with George's children's generation.

I thought it might be interesting to extend this idea with a hypothetical timeframe:

The Queen is currentlly 89 and her mum lived to 101.

Let's assume she lives for a slightly less long time than her Mum and say she dies in six years' time at 95.

In 2021, when she goes, Charles will be 72. Let's assume he also has enough in his tank to reach 95, given the longevity of both his parents (assuming he doesn't abdicate at any point).

That takes us to the year 2044, meaning that Prince William will be 62.

Asssuming this run of very good luck continues and William also reaches 95 (aided by the advances in medicine we will see by then), George will take the throne in 2077 at the age of 64.

Assuming our boy George doesn't turn out to be like Boy George and has children of his own one day, they will presumably also be middle aged by the time they take the throne. Hence, we will really need an untimely death or a scandal to force William or George to abdicate early for a youthful monarch to take the throne again and have any chance of breaking Lizzie's record. The only other very slim possibility would be for George to have a child later in life but the pressure on him to marry and produce "an heir and a spare" early on means this is extremely unlikely too. (The variant on this would be if Prince George was gay or impotent and Charlotte had a child later in life as there would be, initially, less pressure on her to reproduce until George's problem was discovered, leading to a younger niece or nephew taking the throne.)

Otherwise, the pattern will just keep repeating of the next in line taking the throne sometime in their 60s or 70s, meaning Lizzie's record will remain unassailable until something calamitous happens leading to the early death or abdication of a monarch to push a younger person onto the throne.

I thought it might be interesting to extend this idea with a hypothetical timeframe:

Let's assume she lives for a slightly less long time than her Mum and say she dies in six years' time at 95.

In 2021, when she goes, Charles will be 72. Let's assume he also has enough in his tank to reach 95, given the longevity of both his parents (assuming he doesn't abdicate at any point).

Asssuming this run of very good luck continues and William also reaches 95 (aided by the advances in medicine we will see by then), George will take the throne in 2077 at the age of 64.

Assuming our boy George doesn't turn out to be like Boy George and has children of his own one day, they will presumably also be middle aged by the time they take the throne. Hence, we will really need an untimely death or a scandal to force William or George to abdicate early for a youthful monarch to take the throne again and have any chance of breaking Lizzie's record. The only other very slim possibility would be for George to have a child later in life but the pressure on him to marry and produce "an heir and a spare" early on means this is extremely unlikely too. (The variant on this would be if Prince George was gay or impotent and Charlotte had a child later in life as there would be, initially, less pressure on her to reproduce until George's problem was discovered, leading to a younger niece or nephew taking the throne.)

Otherwise, the pattern will just keep repeating of the next in line taking the throne sometime in their 60s or 70s, meaning Lizzie's record will remain unassailable until something calamitous happens leading to the early death or abdication of a monarch to push a younger person onto the throne.

Then Ralph takes over.

• Like 3

Presumably Charles's longevity would be countered by the medical worries of being inbred?

• Like 1

Then Ralph takes over.

Personally, I'd be interested to see a situation wherein Charles and William go unexpectedly in the next few years, leaving Camilla as George's regent... Factor in Uncle Harry and Great Uncle Andrew battling for influence in the background and it would be just like the good ol' days again...