Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Takes over the longest reigning monarch title after Bummy's death, yes?

That's what I understood, although I haven't seen any mention to that effect yet.

Takes over the longest reigning monarch title after Bummy's death, yes?

That's what I understood, although I haven't seen any mention to that effect yet.

Here you go: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/oct/13/queen-elizabeth-ii-is-longest-reigning-living-monarch-after-thai-kings-death

You do have to wonder how much longer either her or Prince Philip can actually go.

Winding down on her charity work a bit more: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-21/queen-elizabeth-to-step-back-from-charity-work/8137118

The gentle decline continues...

One of the roles she is stepping down from is that of "Patron of Wimbledon": http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/ct-queen-elizabeth-ii-wimbledon-20161220-story.html

That would possibly leave Cliff Richard as the only queen there!

Queenie probably has enough common sense to wear a seatbelt, though.

Not on long haul flights, they're out.

• Like 1

Diana did that, and look what happened to her.

Well, if you believe some conspiracy theorists, it was because she wanted to increase her charity work (think landmines...)

If their was an American equivalent to this site and Kim,Caitlyn or Khloe had a heavy cold no way we would leave off a sick member of our Royal Family even if the health concerns were just cautionary. 100% should be on the list next year

Would definitely round off 2016 in an appropriate manner - Bowie, Prince and Gabor die, Trump elected, Charles accedes to the throne.

• Like 1

In fairness, this is a hell of a cold thats going round.

• Like 1

In fairness, this is a hell of a cold thats going round.

True.

I think I had two colds in one recently. The first one, I threw everything I had at it and thought I had it crushed after two days. Then immediately a very different one took over, a nasty. Not quite fluey enough to keep me in bed, but it kept me at home. If that's the one they've got, then they certainly won't feel like travelling.

• Like 1

Aye, I'm recovering from one like that myself. I used to be great with colds, then I became a parent and my immune system got shot to all hell.

• Like 1

Would definitely round off 2016 in an appropriate manner - Bowie, Prince and Gabor die, Trump elected, Charles accedes to the throne.

Yes, I thought exactly the same. What "better" way to close the year than the royal double whammy.

Edit: I always liked Charles, I'm One of the few, I guess.

• Like 1

Charles would be a great boost to deadpools, given his support for homeopathy.

• Like 4

Dear lord if the queen dies.

Yes, from Prince to Queen!

Seriously, I've had more or less the same thing that Toast describes above as have a lot of people here so the same cold is going around in Australia, too. :( It is a nasty, lingering one one but I don't think it'd knock even someone in their 90s that badly.

Seriously, I've had more or less the same thing that Toast describes above as have a lot of people here so the same cold is going around in Australia, too. :( It is a nasty, lingering one one but I don't think it'd knock even someone in their 90s that badly.

I might have the same cold as the Queen too? I feel honored.
  • Like 1

I might have the same cold as the Queen too? I feel honored.

Were you in sneezing distance of Liz over the past few days, or ferreting around in her bin full of snot rags?

• Like 1