Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

"Queen's Granddaughter has lost her baby" - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/queens-granddaughter-mike-tindall-lost-12368726

You have to read down through the article a bit to discover the baby hadn't actually been born yet. Still, what does losing an expected great grandchild do for a 90-something?

The phrase "losing the baby" in this context usually implies miscarriage. Devastating for the parents especially the mother, but less so for relatives.

Sad of course, but not like grieving for a child you have actually seen and held.

Or perhaps I'm just a hard-hearted bitch.

• Like 1

"Queen's Granddaughter has lost her baby" - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/queens-granddaughter-mike-tindall-lost-12368726

You have to read down through the article a bit to discover the baby hadn't actually been born yet. Still, what does losing an expected great grandchild do for a 90-something?

The phrase "losing the baby" in this context usually implies miscarriage. Devastating for the parents especially the mother, but less so for relatives.

Sad of course, but not like grieving for a child you have actually seen and held.

Or perhaps I'm just a hard-hearted bitch.

No, you are not.

• Like 1

Well, both Lady FN and myself have not had an invite to Sandringham for drinkies, even though we are a 10 min brisk drive away.

If I find out that we, the taxpayers, paid for their helicopter journey, I will personally go up there and do a shit on their lawn.

• Like 1

Well, both Lady FN and myself have not had an invite to Sandringham for drinkies, even though we are a 10 min brisk drive away.

If I find out that we, the taxpayers, paid for their helicopter journey, I will personally go up there and do a shit on their lawn.

I'd always assumed it was Lady CN. :duck:

• Like 5

Shes not attending Church this morning.

This is not looking too good!

Meh. I'm currently on Phase 3 of The Cold (sore throat, cough, tubes blocked again) and I haven't been to church either.

• Like 2

If it was that serious, she wouldn't have gone to Sandringham in the first place.

• Like 1

Meh. I'm currently on Phase 3 of The Cold (sore throat, cough, tubes blocked again) and I haven't been to church either.

I had no idea you were 90 years old too Toastie!! :D

If it was that serious, she wouldn't have gone to Sandringham in the first place.

She went by helicopter, virtually unheard of as they always take the train.

She will have a place that's preferable for her to die, her father died at Sandringham.

She is 90, she has a 'heavy cold' she has decided to relinquish her many many patron roles.

Phil will possibly out live her.

Her lifelong best friend has just died too. She's probably feeling a bit crap, to say the least.

• Like 1

So phill got the car instead of walking.

Hmm, what did she miss it for the last time?

She went by helicopter, virtually unheard of as they always take the train.

She will have a place that's preferable for her to die, her father died at Sandringham.

She is 90, she has a 'heavy cold' she has decided to relinquish her many many patron roles.

Phil will possibly out live her.

Yes, I think the odds of that are increasing. If he was her age, there wouldn't be much doubt.

It's a ploy. The annual Deathlist 50 are read by the Queen every January 1st (she compares it to her DDP team), and she's been getting pissed off at not being there, clearly. "One is more important than this Robert Pirsig person..."

• Like 8

Diana Rots

DIANA rots

Can't believe she's been deadpooling all along.

• Like 4

I hope she does't go this week because 2016 has been spoilt. What about giving 2017 a bit of glory?

Maybe she did not go to church because she enlisted in ISIS army.

As. Toast said a heavy cold can affect anyone badly.I dont think there is much to be concerned about.My 62 year old Dad cancelled all his plans for two weeks when he had a cold this month and he isnt one to do that lightly.He is fine now.

Don't lose spots for her or Carrie Fisher. Mario Soares is a strong pick for next year if he makes it. I'd like to see him in the first 10 names of DL.

She is probably taking time out to revise her DDP team since several of her bankers have keeled over this week.

Don't lose spots for her or Carrie Fisher. Mario Soares is a strong pick for next year if he makes it. I'd like to see him in the first 10 names of DL.

I know he was a president, but is he really deathlisty?

• Like 1

I know he was a president, but is he really deathlisty?

Well, he's on history books as the most important Portuguese politician of the last 40 years. He is considered a legend in Portugal and his death would get obits from all the world. But he'll die before New Year's Eve, so no problem here.

I'm perfectly healthy and I ain't going to church either.

Lizzie has joined the atheist revolution!

• Like 1

I'm perfectly healthy and I ain't going to church either.

Lizzie has joined the atheist revolution!

I used to live next door to a church for a couple of years. Wretched bells would wake me up at 6am on Christmas Day. There's no way I'd drag myself out of the house and to church on any day, let alone Dec 25th.

I used to live next door to a church for a couple of years. Wretched bells would wake me up at 6am on Christmas Day. There's no way I'd drag myself out of the house and to church on any day, let alone Dec 25th.

6 am, WTF? I used to be a church bellringer and we never rang before 9 am or after 9 pm.

6 am, WTF? I used to be a church bellringer and we never rang before 9 am or after 9 pm.

Between that and the old folks home on the other side blaring out Mantovani and James Last records in the early hours of the afternoon, it's a wonder I got any sleep. They would only ring the bells that early for Christmas Day. Any regular Sunday service it was about 9am,