Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Deathers: Hope you are not serious. The Queen who is 90 will get up in the middle of a church service and run to toilet and hope she makes it on time before she barfs all over the place or has a runny bowel movement, ruining her pretty dress. I don´t think so.

So a mate was trying to convince me the other day that the Queen had already died and they are just delaying the announcement until after the festive period. Barking mad, but amusing theory.

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/18133926-24-hour-media-blackout-in-uk-re-prominent-death-

Actually this rumour is gaining ground online as talk about a UK media blackout for 24 hours on a high profile death swirls and there's speculation that if true it's the big one. Rumour seems to have been given legs by a DJ in Ireland

Hope it's not true

And we're meant to believe some random on twitter with a couple of hundred followers, this is shameless self-publicity. The queens death would be blacked out until the morning after under traditional protocol if I remember correctly - but the idea that this bloke would know seems nutty.

Although if someone could pinpoint the queens last photo op before she took ill it might help us determine whether she was likely to go anywhere.

So a mate was trying to convince me the other day that the Queen had already died and they are just delaying the announcement until after the festive period. Barking mad, but amusing theory.

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/18133926-24-hour-media-blackout-in-uk-re-prominent-death-

Actually this rumour is gaining ground online as talk about a UK media blackout for 24 hours on a high profile death swirls and there's speculation that if true it's the big one. Rumour seems to have been given legs by a DJ in Ireland

Hope it's not true

Simon Cowell is...dead?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I mean:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS.

• Like 2

Hope it's not true

Did Prince Harry die?

Hope it's not true

Simon Cowell is...dead?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I mean:

IF it's true there's a government ordered media blackout and it isn't a wild Internet theory then it's either going to be a prominent member of the royal family, A serving member of the cabinet or an ex PM IE Tony Blair or a notorious criminal like Ian Brady where for public order reasons they don't want to realise the news straight away.

I doubt it's Simon Cowell lol!

Hope it's not true

And we're meant to believe some random on twitter with a couple of hundred followers, this is shameless self-publicity. The queens death would be blacked out until the morning after under traditional protocol if I remember correctly - but the idea that this bloke would know seems nutty.

Although if someone could pinpoint the queens last photo op before she took ill it might help us determine whether she was likely to go anywhere.

Show me where I said your meant to do anything? I'm just sharing the fact a rumour has taken hold and I'm letting people speculate, ponder, consider and make up their own mind. I havent decided myself How credible I find the claim to be.

Are you saying that Simon Cowell's death wouldn't result in civil disobedience?

For shame!

;)

• Like 2

Hope it's not true

Could be a Beatle...

Hope it's not true

Could be a Beatle...
Possibly -A lot depends on if it's a government mandated d notice news blackout or just a blackout at family's request? But I wouldn't have thought the latter one was likely to hold as someone would want to be the first to break the exclusive news and I can't see the government using a d notice for a famous pop musicians death?

Either that or I didn't catch your joke straight away Beatle being a pun on my phrase give legs lol!

Hope it's not true

Simon Cowell is...dead?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I mean:

IF it's true there's a government ordered media blackout and it isn't a wild Internet theory then it's either going to be a prominent member of the royal family, A serving member of the cabinet or an ex PM IE Tony Blair or a notorious criminal like Ian Brady where for public order reasons they don't want to realise the news straight away.

Media blackouts are issued all the time in the United Kingdom, it's why a lot of news articles are posted in the 00.00am to 02.00am period and have clearly been written the day before.

I really hope the queen hasn't carked it, we'll have to cancel the New Years football matches.

Hope it's not true

Simon Cowell is...dead?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I mean:

Media blackouts are issued all the time in the United Kingdom, it's why a lot of news articles are posted in the 00.00am to 02.00am period and have clearly been written the day before.

I really hope the queen hasn't carked it, we'll have to cancel the New Years football matches.

But famous deaths in the UK don't tend to be announced after midnight as a rule.

I think you might be confusing media embargoes IE about someone leaving a TV soap or being cast in a show etc with media blackouts which are quite different especially if done by government by d notice

Hope it's not true

Simon Cowell is...dead?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I mean:

But famous deaths in the UK don't tend to be announced after midnight as a rule.

I think you might be confusing media embargoes IE about someone leaving a TV soap or being cast in a show etc with media blackouts which are quite different especially if done by government by d notice

I think I may have been. The government tends to embargo a lot of releases of policy decisions then. I tend to read the news in the early hours of the morning which was the only reason I mentioned embargoes.

Is a blackout really feasible these days, someones bound to facebook/tweet it?

Rumours of news blackouts relating to prison unrest and badger culls. Maybe the badgers were sent into prisons?

Hope it's not true

Simon Cowell is...dead?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I mean:

I think I may have been. The government tends to embargo a lot of releases of policy decisions then. I tend to read the news in the early hours of the morning which was the only reason I mentioned embargoes.

Is a blackout really feasible these days, someones bound to facebook/tweet it?

I think their feasible if rarely used.

It's not that a leak and speculation isn't a possibility but the MSM won't report or play ball if you like.

It's harder than it used to be.

Blair apparently issued some d notices in 2003 during or around the time of the Iraq war and the media never reported. I won't mention what their supposed to concern as I don't want to get into bother but the matters concerned have never been put into the public domain only on the fringes of the Internet.

Blair is supposed to have cited the risk to national and international security if the UK government collapsed during the Iraq war if these specific pieces of information NOT connected to the Iraq war where published.

So in the spirit of staying on topic that's an illustration that d notices or news blackouts can work on a long term basis never mind a short term one but I don't underestimate the difficulties.

Rumours of news blackouts relating to prison unrest and badger culls. Maybe the badgers were sent into prisons?

The government haven't seemed particularly keen to blackout prison unrest lately, in fact they've almost lit up with glee at the promotion of it. Most likely if such a media blackout d notice regarding a death has been issued, which it 99.99% certainly has not, it will be Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, Theresa May, a devolved first minister or the London mayor. We don't really have a history of issuing government DA notices for pop-star's deaths; the keys in defence issues.

The only over scenario I could envisage the the DA Notice being used if a serving military personnel member has been killed somewhere where we would not expect such a death to happen by that state's own agents (i.e the French police have a shot a peacekeeping troop in an act of aggression).

Been a long time since I saw the "Blair's daughter tried to kill herself over Iraq" story.

Hope it's not true

Simon Cowell is...dead?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I mean:

...but a public holiday would be granted for the funeral

Been a long time since I saw the "Blair's daughter tried to kill herself over Iraq" story.

Even if that one is true, surely the conspiracy nutters skeptics would be able to understand that reporting that she was attempting to commit suicide might have driven her to commit suicide and be more successful rather than get the help she needed and the news would almost certainly have reported had she died.

Even if that one is true, surely the conspiracy nutters skeptics would be able to understand that reporting that she was attempting to commit suicide might have driven her to commit suicide and be more successful rather than get the help she needed and the news would almost certainly have reported had she died.

No that story came from 2004.

I'm referring to something quite different in 2003.

With respect it's quite hard to analyse your chosen conspiracy theory properly if you refuse to give information regarding it. I highly doubt the information is still banned from being reported, especially as the likelihood is you acquired it from the internet yourself, so you could easily link that source. Unfortunately I'm unable to engage in any form of meaningful debate about this matter unless you are able to explain to me what it is that I am actually supposed to be having some form of meaningful debate about, so far the only information you have managed to impart is that you believe something important was not reported whilst the Iraq war went on the reasoning for this not being reported is government interference and not the fact we were going to war and that was a bit busy dominating every news network. You also appear to argue that Blair was using the information that was not reported in his discussion of why we needed to go to war and his ultimately proven wrong defence about weapons, I therefore suggest that Blair would not have wanted to keep this information from the public if was that useful to him. In summary you make little sense and impart little information, making this discussion a waste of my time, to return the favour I have written this rather elongated and cumbersome reply in order to repay the favour by wasting some of your time as you feast your eyes upon what could have been a two sentence post. You can send your thanks to Not Arsed, Not Arsedville, Buttfucknowhere.

With respect it's quite hard to analyse your chosen conspiracy theory properly if you refuse to give information regarding it. I highly doubt the information is still banned from being reported, especially as the likelihood is you acquired it from the internet yourself, so you could easily link that source. Unfortunately I'm unable to engage in any form of meaningful debate about this matter unless you are able to explain to me what it is that I am actually supposed to be having some form of meaningful debate about, so far the only information you have managed to impart is that you believe something important was not reported whilst the Iraq war went on the reasoning for this not being reported is government interference and not the fact we were going to war and that was a bit busy dominating every news network. You also appear to argue that Blair was using the information that was not reported in his discussion of why we needed to go to war and his ultimately proven wrong defence about weapons, I therefore suggest that Blair would not have wanted to keep this information from the public if was that useful to him. In summary you make little sense and impart little information, making this discussion a waste of my time, to return the favour I have written this rather elongated and cumbersome reply in order to repay the favour by wasting some of your time as you feast your eyes upon what could have been a two sentence post. You can send your thanks to Not Arsed, Not Arsedville, Buttfucknowhere.

Lose your attitude please and whilst your at it read probably what I wrote which was the suppressed info wasn't about Iraq. Your not being asked by me to analyse anything

I haven't asked you to engage in anything I have merely said that Blair is supposed to have issued d notices in 2003 citing the Iraq war as the reason why risking a fall of the government was a national and international security risk.

The allegations and information he suppressed using the d notice is not about the Iraq war itself but about something that could in his view have caused the government to collapse at a sensitive time in our history.

Think of it as a suppressed scandal within the governing party because many in the media wanted to publish this information and felt Blair used national security as a convient excuse to hide a potential scandal.

Think expenses scandal but much more severe.

I was just trying to illustrate that d notices and news blackouts are possible.

Afterall the media doesn't publish routinely any sensitive classified intelligence they've come across.

It's difficult but not as difficult as some think.

A news blackout on a royal death for 24 hours is hardly a conspiracy theory.

Wow - I wake up to this. Surely it is just people being jittery after the huge string of other celeb deaths this year and expecting a big climax as Dec 31 draws closer, isn't it?

If the Queen really has gone, it'd make sense to hold the news for a few days since the world is preoccupied with mourning Debs and Carrie at the moment. We'd be going from the death of Princess Leia to that of Queen Elizabeth!

The flu going around right now causes upset stomach and other unpleasant side-effects where one really needs to be near a Toilet. She was wise to stay home.

The Queen needs to be near the throne then!
  • Like 3

The flu going around right now causes upset stomach and other unpleasant side-effects where one really needs to be near a Toilet. She was wise to stay home.

The Queen needs to be near the throne then!

Excellent point Davey.

• Like 1