Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Phil not become the prince regent?

whatever the fuck that is, no.

Regent means reigning or ruling. A regent is someone who acts in the position of the monarch if the monarch is unable to rule for any reason, for instance because s/he is a minor, or is suffering from a prolonged illness. A well-known example is the Prince Regent (later George IV) who was regent while his father George III was incapable through insanity.

If the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William were all to die unexpectedly within the next 15 years or so, leaving Prince George as King, a regent would be appointed. But it would be unlikely to be Philip, someone younger would be chosen.

HTH

• Like 2

Regent means reigning or ruling. A regent is someone who acts in the position of the monarch if the monarch is unable to rule for any reason, for instance because s/he is a minor, or is suffering from a prolonged illness. A well-known example is the Prince Regent (later George IV) who was regent while his father George III was incapable through insanity.

If the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William were all to die unexpectedly within the next 15 years or so, leaving Prince George as King, a regent would be appointed. But it would be unlikely to be Philip, someone younger would be chosen.

HTH

Camilla!

Here we go again! may possibly miss the New Years Day service at Sandringham tomorrow.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/queen-miss-new-years-day-9541211

Intriguing. Though of couse we must remember that keeping her away from Philip if she's contagious is probably a wise move and might well be the main driver behind it. Maybe.

Intriguing indeed. But for the fact that they are both sick, I would start to become more suspicious that "heavy cold" might be a codeword for something more seriously wrong with her.

BTW, the paper has also just published its own take on the "What Happens if She Dies?" guide: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-happens-queen-dies-12-9539639

I was speaking to a bookmaker at for a well known company, and he said, odds had been slashed on a possible abdication next year.

Mugabe might outlast Lizzie as leader of his nation then!

No

I think mugabe may outlife her, but not out rule. Mugabe will be gone by feb, riots starting soon.

Is "heavy cold" a codeword for pneunomia?

• Like 1

No

I think mugabe may outlife her, but not out rule. Mugabe will be gone by feb, riots starting soon.

Your predicting your own demise :o
  • Like 1

No

How come you talk in third person?

Are you Sir Creep?

Edit: Oh, never mind. Sir Creep's not from Sheffield.

• Like 1

Nah, just saying, zimbabwe has issue, as soon mugabe can no longer pay for army to suppress people, so there will be a public uprising.

Nah, just saying, zimbabwe has issue, as soon mugabe can no longer pay for army to suppress people, so there will be a public uprising.

Bobby Mugs! Good to hear from you again. How are you feeling? (I have a sporting interest).

If it is going to be a "last minute decision" as to whether to attend the New Year's celebration and she really is "up and about" it sounds like she is well on the road to recovery: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/queen-to-make-last-minute-decision-on-attending-new-years-day-service-a3430276.html

I'd say yellow alert over... for now. Back to cautious monitoring for DeathListers.

I love how they had to dictate an entire news article to the queens cold. It'll probably be front page news if she's seen coughing and hacking.

January 3rd is my prediction for her to become an ex-queen (just like George Michael) and for us to get an extra day off work (just like the Royals have been doing for centuries)

January 3rd is my prediction for her to become an ex-queen (just like George Michael) and for us to get an extra day off work (just like the Royals have been doing for centuries)

You should probably read the previous page before making such bold prophecies... She is [allegedly] up and about now and is going to make a last minute decision about whether to go to the New Year's Day celebrations.