Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

"Indepth" (well, somewhat) article on the Queen's illness. My goodness, Phil looks dreadful leaving the Christmas church service with his cold. If Lizzie is as bad as he looks, she must be ill:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/queen-elizabeth-ii-to-decide-if-she-will-attend-new-years-day-church-service-after-heavy-cold/news-story/8faa2a3bf58ca5fd7e786eca533eaf50

Could make life interesting. Might attract some of those Australian Republican Movement types as new members. I am sure Windsor would have some interesting things to say to them! :D

They can fuck off. She owns their dusty shitty island and if they don't like that they should give back control to the aboriginals.

Canadian Republicans are raising their voices, too, apparently... Any words for them?

http://globalnews.ca/news/3145545/majority-of-canadians-say-ties-to-monarchy-should-be-cut-when-queen-dies-poll/?utm_source=Article&utm_medium=EditorsPick&utm_campaign=2015

Could make life interesting. Might attract some of those Australian Republican Movement types as new members. I am sure Windsor would have some interesting things to say to them! :D

They can fuck off. She owns their dusty shitty island and if they don't like that they should give back control to the aboriginals.

Canadian Republicans are raising their voices, too, apparently... Any words for them?http://globalnews.ca/news/3145545/majority-of-canadians-say-ties-to-monarchy-should-be-cut-when-queen-dies-poll/?utm_source=Article&utm_medium=EditorsPick&utm_campaign=2015

Canadians are pretty much a non-entity. The main problem they have is a large proportion of their population is French, and we all know what they are like!

I don't think Madame Montpellier will be too impressed by you saying that, Winnie... We don't want a repeat of your run-in with Dia de Los Muertos... :P

The French know what to do to supporters of the aristocracy!

The 'cold' lingers it seems...

Not able to go to the NYD service....

The 'cold' lingers it seems...

Not able to go to the NYD service....

If the weather at Sandringham is like it is here, then I don't blame her. Very cold with icy rain.

My dog is refusing to go outside. Usually I give her a quick brush outside every morning to get rid of loose hairs, and she enjoys that, especially as she gets a treat afterwards. But she will not be persuaded today.

Hi! Just arrived here.

Queenie has an agreement with MaggieMay to snuff it just before the end of March. That way, the government announces 6 months of official mourning and Brexit will be called off. By the end of it everyone will be so busy trying to get back sovereignty from Chas and Camilla that they will have forgotten about the EU.

Hi! Just arrived here.

Queenie has an agreement with MaggieMay to snuff it just before the end of March. That way, the government announces 6 months of official mourning and Brexit will be called off. By the end of it everyone will be so busy trying to get back sovereignty from Chas and Camilla that they will have forgotten about the EU.

Yeah that's right. The Queen is going to kill herself on the word of a PM who has been around for all of 5 minutes...

Then again the truth no longer depends on facts, only opinions...

Canadian Republicans are raising their voices, too, apparently... Any words for them?http://globalnews.ca/news/3145545/majority-of-canadians-say-ties-to-monarchy-should-be-cut-when-queen-dies-poll/?utm_source=Article&utm_medium=EditorsPick&utm_campaign=2015

Canadians are pretty much a non-entity. The main problem they have is a large proportion of their population is French, and we all know what they are like!

Like Jerry Sadowitz once said "I hate Canadians, because half of you speak French, and the other half let em!"

• Like 2

Clare Gerada, former head of the Royal College of General Practitioners, said a particular nasty cold strain was hitting people of all ages this winter, taking three weeks to clear.

She said: “We are seeing an awful lot of people this winter with a virus that is more severe than a normal cold, almost a type of bronchitis.

“It is causing a hacking cough and if the Queen has got it, then she is probably exhausted from coughing. It may well be affecting her sleep as well, which would leave anyone feeling exhausted, never mind a 90-year-old.

“It’s taking three to four weeks for people to completely recover, and the length of time the Queen has been ill would be in keeping with that.”

Yes! That's what I've had since the start of December, and it's only now starting to ease off.

Always reassuring to hear that loads of other people have had the same as you.

• Like 1

That's exactly what we had too.

Same in America.

Aye, well - a useful reality check re gossip is the post at the start of this thread about the Queen having a nasty illness and the Charles/Camilla wedding being rushed through to make him a more acceptable king.

That post is well over 11 years old

Shameless cut and paste from the Popbitch mailout this morning:

* Queen Elizabeth II

According to rumours going round British

newsrooms, the Queen has got a serious illness

and may not be long for this world - hence the

rushed Charles-Camilla marriage to prepare him

for the throne. But we hope that, like her

gin-pickled Mum, Liz continues to defy the

Grim Reaper for another few decades.

Don't believe a word of it myself.

What I was banging on about above - mind you, this was a 1 April post!

• Like 1

and yet there is still no sign of her. This is how they used to deal with the death of Soviet leaders, but maybe I'm getting a tiny bit ahead of myself...

• Like 2

and yet there is still no sign of her. This is how they used to deal with the death of Soviet leaders, but maybe I'm getting a tiny bit ahead of myself...
Her health is now one of the lead items on the nightly news down here, so it is becoming a major issue.

Her health is now one of the lead items on the nightly news down here, so it is becoming a major issue.

No it isn't.

• Like 1

Queen Elizabeth Li, one of my favourite Chinese drag performers.

• Like 4

No it isn't.

Davey's views are coloured by the seemingly slightly more hysterical Australian media. Royal things which cause barely a yawn here are seemingly the sign of abdication, death, or republicanism down there. It's a bit mad.

• Like 2

No it isn't.

Davey's views are coloured by the seemingly slightly more hysterical Australian media. Royal things which cause barely a yawn here are seemingly the sign of abdication, death, or republicanism down there. It's a bit mad.

The pollies down here love a handy distraction, they do this kind of thing all the time; the royals have always been a soft target.