Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

^ LOL at the corgi's arse in the background.

I wonder if the corgis still alive :scratchhead:

• Like 1

I wish he was taking a crap or a leak. That would have made the picture more memorable.

I wish he was taking a crap or a leak. That would have made the picture more memorable.

He looks like he's burying something. My terriers do that with bones and treats - they use their noses to push soil over them.

Today Her Majesty spent tme constructing a 1:72 model Aston Martin DB5, a gift from Daniel Craig following the Olympic opening ceremony shoot.

• Like 1

Today Her Majesty spent tme constructing a 1:72 model Aston Martin DB5, a gift from Daniel Craig following the Olympic opening ceremony shoot.

An indication, if ever there was one, that the telly box is crappier this year than it has been at any point in the last 5 years. I too was recently forced to dig out tat I got given for Christmas 2012 just for something to do. Can I interest anyone in a completed jigsaw of Norwich Cathedral?

• Like 1

Her Majesty spent the morning in quiet contemplation before doing a line a slapping Music for the Jilted Generation on her deck.

Today Her Majesty and Baron Greenwich are at the Rotyal Observatory to charge up on the ley lines.

141100.jpg

:lol: This is a true gem.

The almost totally bald Phil with the stern gaze looks like a working class bloke waiting for a bus that's half an hour late (or maybe like Dennis Waterman's true successor as Arthur Daley's minder), and the missus is even more hilarious with the humble headscarf, a coat that is a good few sizes too small for her and the quite unroyal bent posture.

Her majesty is secretly attending the Emirates today. See if you can spot her in the crowd. But just to be clear, she's not a gooner.

• Like 3

Her majesty is secretly attending the Emirates today. See if you can spot her in the crowd. But just to be clear, she's not a gooner.

Aw FFS!

• Like 1

Two for the price of one by way of compensation.

1448064990_6.jpg

74660.jpg

• Like 1

Two for the price of one, in one image.

qcqe.jpg

• Like 1

A question came up in a conversation I was having today: does the Royal Australian Mint/RoyalBritish Mint have a portrait of Charles ready to roll out on coins when the Queen goes or will they have to commission one in the aftermath of the old girl's death?

What would be the turnaround time on putting out coins with the new monarch's visage on them? If the Queen were to go tomorrow, would we start to see King Charlie coins before the end of the year or wait until at least 2018 to see them? Do they start withdrawing the 65 years' worth of QE2 coins that have been issued or do they not worry about that and just keep them in circulation u til the physically wear out?

We've discussed "The Bridge" on here before, this being the codename for Her Maj's funeral. However, it turns out that the separate secret operation for Charlie's coronation is called "Golden Orb". Sketchy details below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3783446/Operation-Golden-Orb-Codename-given-officials-Charles-s-secret-coronation-plans-revealed-Whitehall-blunder.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3826230/Operation-Golden-Orb-battle-make-Camilla-Queen-CHRISTOPHER-WILSON-explains-Charles-s-coronation-one-trickiest-state-occasions-decades.html

A question came up in a conversation I was having today: does the Royal Australian Mint/RoyalBritish Mint have a portrait of Charles ready to roll out on coins when the Queen goes or will they have to commission one in the aftermath of the old girl's death?

What would be the turnaround time on putting out coins with the new monarch's visage on them? If the Queen were to go tomorrow, would we start to see King Charlie coins before the end of the year or wait until at least 2018 to see them? Do they start withdrawing the 65 years' worth of QE2 coins that have been issued or do they not worry about that and just keep them in circulation u til the physically wear out?

Can't answer definitively but there were George VI coins around in the 60s. It all became moot when decimalisation came in. If QEII dips out when the brexiteers force us to go back to pounds, shillings and pence that would take care of it again.

• Like 2

I feel confident in saying that QE II coins won't be withdrawn (they'll only 40-odd years worth as no pre-decimal coins still circulate), as coins from previous monarchs back to Victoria were still in circulation until decimalisation. Not sure about banknotes; gut feeling is that they'll be withdrawn gradually as they wear out, though what happens with the new meaty durable fivers is anyone's guess.

• Like 3

I feel confident in saying that QE II coins won't be withdrawn (they'll only 40-odd years worth as no pre-decimal coins still circulate), as coins from previous monarchs back to Victoria were still in circulation until decimalisation. Not sure about banknotes; gut feeling is that they'll be withdrawn gradually as they wear out, though what happens with the new meaty durable fivers is anyone's guess.
yes, I forgot about decimalisation. We changed over back in 1966 (actually tomorrow is the anniversary - the 14th of February, 1966) so only Aus coins from that date onwards would be affected if they did a withdrawal.

Of course if King Charlie croaked before the currency was minted/printed it would be interesting.

• Like 1

can you imagine someone like the queen living to age 116/117? then she'd be the worlds oldest living person on top of everything else

im thinking like, you can get a list online of the oldest living people, imagine if her name was on it

personally im thinking more like 105/106 at best for her

the chances of her dying within the space of this year are merely one percent sorry to dissapoint

• Like 1

Of course if King Charlie croaked before the currency was minted/printed it would be interesting.

Better still, if he went one year into his reign. Those coins for his single year would be worth a fortune in centuries to come.

• Like 2

Well if it happens like that, i'll be sure to keep some... then make some grand money when in my nineties:P

so if i happen to have a son/daughter or grandchildren, they won't go short!

• Like 1

can you imagine someone like the queen living to age 116/117? then she'd be the worlds oldest living person on top of everything else

im thinking like, you can get a list online of the oldest living people, imagine if her name was on it

personally im thinking more like 105/106 at best for her

the chances of her dying within the space of this year are merely one percent sorry to dissapoint

I hope she doesn't, that's stretching the limit of available photos.