Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Zsa Zsa wasn't immortal, but she seemed that way till she died. Same with Castro.

• Like 1

People used to say that about the Queen Mum till 2002.

Point taken, too young to remember her to be frank.

I'd say just imagine a boozy Beryl Reid but even that reference is a bit old now.

I'd say just imagine a boozy Beryl Reid but even that reference is a bit old now.

Going by Wiki, Beryl Reid died 6 years before the Queen Mum, so a pretty useless reference point.

Just having a quick gander at longevity records for monarchy and reckon they're after a clean sweep. They've already got oldest queen regnant/monarch and oldest male consort as well as oldest heir apparent.

The oldest heir apparent to an heir apparent was George V (aged 35 years 233 days at the death of Victoria). Prince William, Duke of Cambridge is currently 34 years, 195 days old and would surpass George V on February 10, 2018.

The oldest heir apparent to an heir apparent to an heir apparent was Edward VIII (aged 6 years 203 days at the death of Victoria). Prince George of Cambridge is currently 3 years, 164 days old and would surpass Edward VIII on February 10, 2020.

This is going to sound horrendous, but do a few people sort of oddly kind of want to see what happens when the Queen dies.

Not in an I want the Queen to die, but I want to witness such a massive historical event as the changing of the monarch?

Surely the question on everyone's minds at the moment is...do we get a holiday on the day they bury her?

• Like 3

This is going to sound horrendous, but do a few people sort of oddly kind of want to see what happens when the Queen dies.

Not in an I want the Queen to die, but I want to witness such a massive historical event as the changing of the monarch?

I have sort of the same issue with the Dalai Lama. He seems cool, but it would be cool to see a reincarnation happen, they occur so rarely these days...

:P if needed to determine tone.

I've actually just realised I had a notepad document I made back in 2010 of these sort of morbid curiosity type deaths that I'd be interested in seeing happen, but not necessarily wish they'd happen.

Former UK Prime Minister - (Thatcher in 2013)

A Former US President

The Queen

Prince Philip

Kim Jong-il (died in 2011)

Mikhail Gorbachev (last Soviet leader)

Any serving leader of a major nation being assassinated.

Any member of the beatles/rolling stones/Queen other mega-mega groups

• Like 1

Some of the coverage of the last half dozen Presidential deaths is on YouTube. My favourite is Lyndon Johnson, as (Deathlist alumni) Walter Cronkite picks up a ringing phone, live on air, to be told from a source that the former President has just died en route to hospital for a heart attack. Now that's breaking news!

• Like 3

Some of the coverage of the last half dozen Presidential deaths is on YouTube. My favourite is Lyndon Johnson, as (Deathlist alumni) Walter Cronkite picks up a ringing phone, live on air, to be told from a source that the former President has just died en route to hospital for a heart attack. Now that's breaking news!

That's my unnecessary procrastination fuelled for the evening then!

• Like 1

No-ones actually seen a photo of her since she took ill though? Weekend at Bernies time?

She did hand out some kind of medal to someone a couple of days ago

so she is probably alive. I doubt they have her propped up in the corner what with Charles and

the Rottweiler waiting to take over.

This is a bit awkward, but Diana died 20 years ago...

And God Save the Queen by the Pistols was released 40 years ago, eek!

What people forget when then say about Queen Liz and their "look at her mother....she lived until she was 102, you know"

...well yeah, but her Dad kicked the bucket when only 56!!

• Like 4

What people forget when then say about Queen Liz and their "look at her mother....she lived until she was 102, you know"

He also smoked like a chimney and was king during the war, which probably took a massive toll on his health.

• Like 3

He also smoked like a chimney and was king during the war, which probably took a massive toll on his health.

Lung cancer, blood clots and arteriosclerosis - can't think what caused them...

• Like 2

Still alive.

You don't know that .... :evil2:

Still alive.

Yes I do :biggrin:

Why, can you see her from where you are?

Still alive.

Ah!

Still alive.

Ah!

Are you the Backstairs Page of the Royal Chamber Pot or something similar, then? :D

• Like 1

Not unless they are lying on their profile page (or being very worldly in their description of location).

Still alive.

Ah!

Are you the Backstairs Page of the Royal Chamber Pot or something similar, then? :D

One simply cannot discuss the goings on inside Her Majesty's chamber.

• Like 1

The Queen will return at the Royal Rumble as a surprise entrant. I guarantee you.

The Queen will return at the Royal Rumble as a surprise entrant. I guarantee you.

I'll give you 10,000/1