Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

can you imagine someone like the queen living to age 116/117? then she'd be the worlds oldest living person on top of everything else

im thinking like, you can get a list online of the oldest living people, imagine if her name was on it

personally im thinking more like 105/106 at best for her

the chances of her dying within the space of this year are merely one percent sorry to dissapoint

I hope she doesn't, that's stretching the limit of available photos.

I doubt that.

can you imagine someone like the queen living to age 116/117? then she'd be the worlds oldest living person on top of everything else

im thinking like, you can get a list online of the oldest living people, imagine if her name was on it

I think that would be pretty darn cool and it would sure keep those around here wondering. LOL

A question came up in a conversation I was having today: does the Royal Australian Mint/RoyalBritish Mint have a portrait of Charles ready to roll out on coins when the Queen goes or will they have to commission one in the aftermath of the old girl's death?

What would be the turnaround time on putting out coins with the new monarch's visage on them? If the Queen were to go tomorrow, would we start to see King Charlie coins before the end of the year or wait until at least 2018 to see them? Do they start withdrawing the 65 years' worth of QE2 coins that have been issued or do they not worry about that and just keep them in circulation u til the physically wear out?

Don't they put them out just after the coronation? I'm sure a coin portrait is waiting in the wings and they must update it every few years.

• Like 1

A question came up in a conversation I was having today: does the Royal Australian Mint/RoyalBritish Mint have a portrait of Charles ready to roll out on coins when the Queen goes or will they have to commission one in the aftermath of the old girl's death?

What would be the turnaround time on putting out coins with the new monarch's visage on them? If the Queen were to go tomorrow, would we start to see King Charlie coins before the end of the year or wait until at least 2018 to see them? Do they start withdrawing the 65 years' worth of QE2 coins that have been issued or do they not worry about that and just keep them in circulation u til the physically wear out?

Can't answer definitively but there were George VI coins around in the 60s.

I still find the odd George VI coin in my change now and then here in Canada. I found a George V nickel a couple of years ago. Now **that** was surprising.

• Like 1

Of course if King Charlie croaked before the currency was minted/printed it would be interesting.

Edward VIII abdicated before his coins were put out into circulation. No idea if they had been minted by the time he abdicated.

• Like 1

Of course if King Charlie croaked before the currency was minted/printed it would be interesting.

Edward VIII abdicated before his coins were put out into circulation. No idea if they had been minted by the time he abdicated.

The Royal Mint website has the answer. Seems that pattern pieces were made but no coins for circulation.

The Royal Mint website has the answer. Seems that pattern pieces were made but no coins for circulation.

I'll wager that the 49 coins they found are worth a bob or two. :duck:

Her Majesty spent the day watching old Bond films (her favourite is Diamonds are Forever), in preparation for tomorrow.

374013-queen-elizabeth-prince-philip-get

Who will be first to catch the taxpayer's money?

374013-queen-elizabeth-prince-philip-get

Who will be first to catch the taxpayer's money?

Thinks she's delivering a karate chop.

• Like 1

Following up on her interest in all things espionage related, her Majesty today opened the National Cyber Security Centre.

ad_180234618.jpg

Take ten paces, turn, and shoot.

• Like 4

I thought somebody would have posted this by now ... Priceless

Royal-Fart-Royal-Wedding.jpg?w=755

• Like 3

I thought somebody would have posted this by now ... Priceless

Royal-Fart-Royal-Wedding.jpg?w=755

Who farted?

• Like 1

It couldn't be more obvious who farted. :rolleyes: