Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

That’s why the queen should be number 50 next year. If I was honest, I personally wouldn’t care if the queen wasn’t on my list, but because I know this is a UK site, and that she’s at an age that she could be a cult pick like Hugh Hefner was, I think she should stay, cause I know a certain amount of people from the UK would complain if she wasn’t on the list...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

That’s why the queen should be number 50 next year. If I was honest, I personally wouldn’t care if the queen wasn’t on my list, but because I know this is a UK site, and that she’s at an age that she could be a cult pick like Hugh Hefner was, I think she should stay, cause I know a certain amount of people from the UK would complain if she wasn’t on the list...

Not me.

• Like 1

I think these people are the most famous/impactful and should be on next year's list and stay there until they die:

- The Queen

- The two popes

- The two 90+ US presidents

It will be a colossal embarassment if the list misses any of these 5 people.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

I think these people are the most famous/impactful and should be on next year's list and stay there until they die:

- The Queen

- The two popes

Not if they don't die.

Edited by Death Impends
Moved this and quite a few posts above from the Desmond Tutu thread to here, as the topic of discussion had veered quite a bit away from ol' Desmond!
  • Like 2

Default "it's their list, they can put who they like on it" here.

That said, I like the historical element of the list. You know, the folk who are on the list for nearly a dozen years and then one day go in their sleep. The way some folk graduate over the course of a decade from "they've picked who", to "they've picked them again?" to "they keep picking them" to "damn, RIP to a Deathlist legend" as does happen.

The Queen strikes me as the sort of person with 7 plus appearances on the list and a lengthy write up one day, but then, so did Christopher Lee, and he ruined that by randomly dying out of the blue to pnuemonia. Room for both them and folk "likely to die" on a list which has never really been about the numbers. (Otherwise, a whole host of names would have been on it...)

But you know, if they want to put the Queen on it 15 times, more power to them. If they drop her and she immediately snuffs it on January 2nd, well, d'oh. But that's life. It's their list, not mine or ours.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

- The Queen

- The two popes

To me, Francis seems too healthy to be included next year.

The other picks are fine.

• Like 2

I agree that it would be a massive miss if she wasn't on the list when she pops it but I don't think people should be an automatic pick just because they are Super Duper Uber Famous and it would be an embarrassing miss if left off it.

The list will just be full of 85+ year olds that would be perceived as too famous to miss

Saying that she was ill last Christmas and this year is supposedly going to be a bad winter so it might not matter.

6 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

To me, Francis seems too healthy to be included next year.

The other picks are fine.

He alluded to his approaching death many times during Mass (I was actually present during some), and he also has only one functioning lung. I think he's up for consideration ( I will not be too surprised if Benedict survives him).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

- The Queen

- The two popes

Agree!  And don't forget Prince Phillip of Edinburgh 

7 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Agree!  And don't forget Prince Phillip of Edinburgh 

Phillip, yes, as he's 96 and probably in worse health than is being officially disclosed, and has been officially retired recently. Still should be quite low down though. The Queen is healthy enough to be a wasted pick though IMHO.

• Like 4

I would take the risk and drop QE2 for next year then bring her back permanently. 

On 2017. 11. 01. at 14:14, Life Is Beautiful said:

- The Queen

- The two popes

Let's see: missing the Queen's death would indeed be an embarassment, but she has no life-threatening health issues, so her death would be quite a shocker (well, as shocking as the death of a nonagenarian can be).

Pope Francis is much younger than anyone else you mention (80), and while his one lung could be an issue, I don't think that he'd be a particularly good candidate, unless we get some new info on his worsening health.

The two presidents and Benedict should stay on the list (although Carter can likely survive into 2019 if his cancer can be kept in check).

• Like 1

Panama Papers appear to show Ma'am has an interesting financial arrangement, could the stress do it?

No.

• Like 6

On 1.11.2017 at 15:14, Life Is Beautiful said:

- The Queen

- The two popes

- The Queen looks very healthy for her age, and she is not likely to die anytime soon. She shouldn't be on the next year's list; she could maybe return to the 2019 or 2020 list
- Francis is only 80 and is extremely healthy and active; he shouldn't be on the next year's list, either
- Carter, Bush and Benedict must return next year, I agree with you on that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crockeredcrackers said:

- The Queen looks very healthy for her age, and she is not likely to die anytime soon. She shouldn't be on the next year's list; she could maybe return to the 2019 or 2020 list

As healthy as the Queen appears she must remain on the list until she dies. She is simply too big to miss; as are Prince Philip, George H.W Bush, Pope Benedict, Robert Mugabe, and Jimmy Carter

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Deathray said:

As healthy as the Queen appears she must remain on the list until she dies. She is simply too big to miss; as are Prince Philip, George H.W Bush, Pope Benedict, Robert Mugabe, and Jimmy Carter

Well, ok. As long as Francis isn't on the next list I'm fine.

The secret of the longevity of these globalists is: transhumanism and abducted children.
It is already notorious the case of the 10 Aboriginal children kidnapped at the behest of Queen Elizabeth II in 1965 and who were never seen again
Edited by Éricles Souza
The secret of the longevity of these globalists is: transhumanism and abducted children. It is already notorious the case of the 10 Aboriginal children kidnapped at the behest of Queen Elizabeth II in 1965 and who were never seen again
  • Confused 1

On 1/2/2018 at 12:39, Éricles Souza said:

The secret of the longevity of these globalists is: transhumanism and abducted children.
It is already notorious the case of the 10 Aboriginal children kidnapped at the behest of Queen Elizabeth II in 1965 and who were never seen again

dont-you-know-im-a-lizard-person-too.jpg

How advertisers will handle the old girl's death:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4783269/queen-elizabeth-is-in-good-health-but-u-k-advertisers-are-already-preparing-for-her-death/

"With Elizabeth healthy as ever, companies have no idea when her health will start to fail, which makes planning for her death even more difficult."

Good to know they are as clueless as we are.

Meanwhile, the Queen goes green:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/conservation/queen-elizabeth-ii-has-banned-plastic-straws-and-bottles-from-royal-estates/news-story/c4e9f0995164e5f9366c38fbc49f4e13

That Charles is a bad influence on her.

7 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

How advertisers will handle the old girl's death:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4783269/queen-elizabeth-is-in-good-health-but-u-k-advertisers-are-already-preparing-for-her-death/

"With Elizabeth healthy as ever, companies have no idea when her health will start to fail, which makes planning for her death even more difficult."

Good to know they are as clueless as we are.

Meanwhile, the Queen goes green:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/conservation/queen-elizabeth-ii-has-banned-plastic-straws-and-bottles-from-royal-estates/news-story/c4e9f0995164e5f9366c38fbc49f4e13

That Charles is a bad influence on her.

Has she started to talk to the trees yet,that will be a good sign.

Some health contingency plans and morbid facts about the Queen:

"... This isn’t the only odd tradition that the royal abides by, and according to a recent report in The Telegraph, she never leaves Britain without packing some of her own blood and taking a royal navy doctor.

Her trusty team also make sure they’ve researched all hospitals in the area, just in case something were to suddenly happen with the Queen’s health.

Another sombre item she must pack when travelling is black clothing in the event that someone passes away.

That tradition is said to stem from the Queen’s trip to Kenya in 1952, where she was informed her father, King George VI had died.

Unfortunately, all she had with her was a summer dress so she had to wait on her plane on the tarmac until a suitable black outfit was brought onboard for her to wear in public."

Source:  https://au.be.yahoo.com/lifestyle/a/39233495/the-unusual-way-the-queen-starts-her-day/