Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

An "A Fish called Wanda" situation?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5627361/Queen-hit-extremely-hard-death-corgi-devoted-companion-Willow.html

Queen Elizabeth has been left heartbroken by the death of her last corgi. 

While losing a dog is always very sad, I was reassured to read that she still has three other dogs, including a corgi that she adopted on the death of its owner.

So not really "her last corgi", although the last of her home-bred ones.

Given that she is a shape-shifting reptilian alien she probably only bred them for food anyway. So as it is the last one it must mean she no longer needs them as she is on her way out/back to her home planet. 

• Like 3

Chuckled this morning as I watched the Commonwealth HOGM opening.

Old Tezza did her toadying obsequious speech, little realising the thousand yard stare Her Majesty was giving her. After all, she's been totally embarrassed by holding the meeting in the country where we've locked up Commonwealth citizens, and some have lost their official documentation (driving licences, etc) and jobs as a result of the simple failure to exempt such citizens from the immigration rules Tezza introduced in the early 2010s.

Redolent of the spat where Thatcher refused to impose sanctions on South Africa's apartheid regime (probably solely because of Mark Thatcher's business interests - Thatch really was a self serving biatch).

Her Maj loves the Commonwealth. Once again the Tories have stamped all over it. Hilarious.

18 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Chuckled this morning as I watched the Commonwealth HOGM opening.

Old Tezza did her toadying obsequious speech, little realising the thousand yard stare Her Majesty was giving her. After all, she's been totally embarrassed by holding the meeting in the country where we've locked up Commonwealth citizens, and some have lost their official documentation (driving licences, etc) and jobs as a result of the simple failure to exempt such citizens from the immigration rules Tezza introduced in the early 2010s.

Redolent of the spat where Thatcher refused to impose sanctions on South Africa's apartheid regime (probably solely because of Mark Thatcher's business interests - Thatch really was a self serving biatch).

Her Maj loves the Commonwealth. Once again the Tories have stamped all over it. Hilarious.

Hmmmmm

• Like 1

My question after reading bout the queen saying that Charles is the one she wants next...do you think the counsel will pick him? or not?

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Look just be honest. All at Westminster are at fault. They are all utter fools.

However, the documentation wasn't needed for citizens in 2009/2010. Nobody lost their job, their driving licence, their home, their liberty, or their freedom to come and go from this country. It was Tezza's subsequent changing of the rules (2012/2014?) which brought Commonwealth citizens into the category of immigrants who needed checking up on which put them firmly in the firing line. By which time of course any help those documents could have given were gone.

Tezza's policy was racist, pure and simple, and not only that but a money making scheme out of black people.

Be honest, Tezza's smug rebuttal simply doesn't wash.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

The Queen's speech/blatant emotional blackmail worked: Charlie to be made head of CHOGM:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-21/prince-charles-reportedly-next-leader-of-commonwealth/9682458

The colonies aren't happy:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commonwealth-head-of-state-prince-charles-monarchy-colonialism-empire-a8314591.html

Ok, I'll do it....

Happy Birthday Your Maj.

16 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

You know what?

Nobody here gives two fucks about the Commonwealth.

It is an utterly archaic institution that should have been taken apart decades ago due to lack of interest.

To be fair to all though, if the Commonwealth nations are that unhappy with the situation then they need to grow a pair and walk away instead of bleating on about how the UK still treats them like we own them, our colonies, etc etc etc, shite.

If it is wrong then do something about it and stop fucking hiding behind the hackneyed old arguments and traditions that seem to indicate that they can do absolutely nothing about the situation.

They can and they should.

• Like 2

And today the Queen is 92 years old ... although I still think she was one of King Solomon's wives

Amazing how this woman does not die

From heaven, her corgi wishes QE2 a happy birthday.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Éricles Souza said:

And today the Queen is 92 years old ... although I still think she was one of King Solomon's wives

Amazing how this woman does not die

The BBC are struggling for coverage, can they use this?

I just watched the birthday concert on BBC 1 despite some interesting choices of performers (Shaggy singing Mr Boombastic and Craig David singing 7 days!!) It was interesting to watch Queenie stumble on to the stage and back. I know she's 92 but appeared much more frail and heavily made up than before. Looking very worrying!

Do we think the Queen is sufficiently a fan enough of Shaggy to warrant him playing at her birthday thing?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, deathisallaround said:

I just watched the birthday concert on BBC 1 despite some interesting choices of performers (Shaggy singing Mr Boombastic and Craig David singing 7 days!!) It was interesting to watch Queenie stumble on to the stage and back. I know she's 92 but appeared much more frail and heavily made up than before. Looking very worrying!

I mean she looked in her late 80s rather than early nineties. She didn't seem quite with it on stage though, just something off. Could just be concerned about Philip and distracted. Notice she didn't speak herself though, which is unusual!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Notice she didn't speak herself though, which is unusual!

Not that unusual at such events. Didn't watch this one but at the Diamond Jubilee concert in 2012 she didn't speak, Prince Charles paid tribute and she just smiled on stage. Don't think she's the sort for a 'Thanks for coming to one's birthday bash, be sure to grab a goodie bag and a piece of cake on your way out...'

• Like 3

The queen needs to understand that no one in this world is eternal, she can have excellent medical treatment and iron health but still one day she will die. No one is immortal

3 minutes ago, Éricles Souza said:

The queen needs to understand that no one in this world is eternal, she can have excellent medical treatment and iron health but still one day she will die. No one is immortal

She knows that.  She said as much to Sir David Attenborough the other day on the telly when they were discussing planting trees.

But I'm sure she would appreciate your sage advice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Éricles Souza said:

Less than a week ago on british television in a documentary the Queen said whilst discussing tree planting and climate change that by the time these trees come into full bloom and start to have a positive influence she will not be here she will be gone . Not that I thought or believed for a minute that before she said this that the Queen might have entertained the idea she was physically immortal! Your post is based on some very strange assumptions and thinking to say the least!:D

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Less than a week ago on british television in a documentary the Queen said whilst discussing tree planting and climate change that by the time these trees come into full bloom and start to have a positive influence she will not be here she will be gone . Not that I thought or believed for a minute that before she said this that the Queen might have entertained the idea she was physically immortal! Your post is based on some very strange assumptions and thinking to say the least!:D

It is that these leaders of the global elite live so much that sometimes it gives the impression that they will never die.