Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Read she was starting the London marathon today and thought "not bad for a 92 year old but will she finish" however she's only firing the gun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Éricles Souza said:

Robert Mugabe is another who lives as if there is no tomorrow ...

I mean if you’re going to be comparing our Queen Liz with Mugabe then I’m afraid you can get in the bin mate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I mean if you’re going to be comparing our Queen Liz with Mugabe then I’m afraid you can get in the bin mate.

Did Mugabe force his (future) adulterous whore of a son to marry a (future) adulterous whore of a daughter in law?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Did Mugabe force his (future) adulterous whore of a son to marry a (future) adulterous whore of a daughter in law?

...not to my knowledge, no. Neither did the Queen. Maybe that’s something they have in common. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deathray said:

Read she was starting the London marathon today and thought "not bad for a 92 year old but will she finish" however she's only firing the gun.

Good job it was tripod mounted

9fe1bb8f48311e2cbcb7000cc67c7cbe.jpg

28 minutes ago, TheFunkyPhantom said:

Good job it was tripod mounted

9fe1bb8f48311e2cbcb7000cc67c7cbe.jpg

Did the job from home the lazy bint 

(BTW I know it was for security reasons, but still)

22 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Did the job from home the lazy bint 

(BTW I know it was for security reasons, but still)

Her aim is 100% accurate,I hear, when it comes to taking out peasants... Or is that pheasants? I forget 

• Like 1

She looks the picture of health on her birthday - and so does Charlie. Unless Prince Philip dies or she has a sudden fall and breaks her hip or something similar, she definitely won't be going this year.

17 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I did not compare anything with anyone, I just mentioned another world leader.

At this point you have to wonder if they are actually mortal. Reckon the Queen has another 10-15 years. 

Another great grandchild being plopped out. How many people (chav benefit bairn machines aside) live to see their 6th great grandchild being born.

2 hours ago, Deathray said:

Another great grandchild being plopped out. How many people (chav benefit bairn machines aside) live to see their 6th great grandchild being born.

Lots.  Charles didn't get married until he was in his thirties, and William wasn't far off 30, so at 92 this is a bit late if anything.

2 hours ago, Deathray said:

Which differs from the civil list by accident of birth....and in fact on a 1 for 1 basis are considerably cheaper to the taxpayer. Not got a horse in this race, just throwing the other side out there. 

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Lots.  Charles didn't get married until he was in his thirties, and William wasn't far off 30, so at 92 this is a bit late if anything.

Aye, I lose track of that side of the family, but my great gran saw at least six of us born before her own death. I knew her for the first ten years of my life, when she was a bit deaf/easily tired and she introduced me to The Simpsons and pro-wrestling. Great influence! :D

I think one of my great uncles on dad's side saw 10 great-grandkids, but that lot were very very Catholic. You know the bit at the end of the old Catholic wedding? "Go forth and multiply"? Some of them take it very literally!

21 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Which differs from the civil list by accident of birth....and in fact on a 1 for 1 basis are considerably cheaper to the taxpayer. Not got a horse in this race, just throwing the other side out there. 

I get fed up of explaining this to people, but look up the Crown Estate.  George III signed over its revenues to the Treasury.  Once the Royals have been paid their "wage" out of it (and only a few of them are on the payroll now), there is a lot left over for the Treasury.   It was and remains a good deal for the country and its taxpayers.

• Like 3

Just now, Toast said:

I get fed up of explaining this to people, but look up the Crown Estate.  George III signed over its revenues to the Treasury.  Once the Royals have been paid their "wage" out of it (and only a few of them are on the payroll now), there is a lot left over for the Treasury.   It was and remains a good deal for the country and its taxpayers.

And I'm fed up (to borrow your way of putting it) of people being royalist apologists no matter if the money is tax now or tax before. Where did said Crown Estate originate? Where did the Dutchy of Cornwall? Or any other of these 'inheritances'?

How come over the years they haven't been eroded by death taxes?

I don't actually have anything against them, QE2 has done a fine job, and yes, it all has to be paid for, further the alternatives for head of state are arguably no better.

It just irks a little for someone to say 'chavs on benefits are the only other likely candidates' it's dismissive.

25 minutes ago, En Passant said:

And I'm fed up (to borrow your way of putting it) of people being royalist apologists no matter if the money is tax now or tax before. Where did said Crown Estate originate? Where did the Dutchy of Cornwall? Or any other of these 'inheritances'?

How come over the years they haven't been eroded by death taxes?

I don't actually have anything against them, QE2 has done a fine job, and yes, it all has to be paid for, further the alternatives for head of state are arguably no better.

It just irks a little for someone to say 'chavs on benefits are the only other likely candidates' it's dismissive.

I'm not an "apologist".  I just find that a lot of people don't know about the Crown Estate revenues.

And I never said anything about chavs or benefits.

Apologies for my apologist, a poor turn of phrase. I do know about Crown Estates. And no you didn't, but that was what I was responding to in the first place if Deathers hadn't put it that way I'd never have said a word. ;)

• Thanks 1

So over this month, the Queen has a birthday, a birth and a wedding. Might as well throw in a funeral to make it a full set.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

So over this month, the Queen has a birthday, a birth and a wedding. Might as well throw in a funeral to make it a full set.

Not hers, though. Phillip can go :grave:

20 hours ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

Not hers, though. Phillip can go :grave:

That bloke probably will outlive the newborn royal.

• Like 2

On 26/04/2018 at 03:29, Deathray said:

That bloke probably will outlive the newborn royal.

Given how good they have both looked at the wedding after his hip op., it is anyone's guess again who will go first. A random fall here or there and anything could happen at this stage.

Celebrating 65 years on the throne today with no sign of dropping any time soon... :champagne::party::party:

• Like 1

Opinion piece on Charlie and the future of the monarchy:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/04/10/where-prince-charles-went-wrong

Quotes:  "The British tend to have a limited tolerance for sacred flames. They are also ill-disposed to do-gooders poking about in their poisoned souls."

"Oddly, and perhaps rather tragically, the severest damage to his [Charles'] reputation has come not from his modest history of vice but from his strenuous aspirations to virtue."