Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

10 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Celebrating 65 years on the throne today with no sign of her dropping any time soon...

*65 years since her coronation

She was still the Queen before the formal ceremony in '53, so has been reigning for 66 years and 111 days.

She was at the Derby yesterday.

She will go beyond 100.

12 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

She was at the Derby yesterday.

She will go beyond 100.

Hardly surprising though given her pampered lifestyle and the best health care money can buy, I bet the queen lives to at least 105 or 106 years of age she will live longer than her mother who lived to 101.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

Prince Charles is already older than his grandfather ever got to be, and older than Edward VII.

In spring next year, he will overtake George V.

If QE II lives as long as her mom, than Charles would also have to live longer than his uncle Edward VIII, who reached 77.

I don't know... the statistics are against Charles ever becoming king - if the female/male genes of House Windsor are any indication. But perhaps the Greek genes help him?

I think that starting next year the Queen needs to be on the list until she drops. I would cringe so hard if we got every President and First Lady but not the Queen.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I think that starting next year the Queen needs to be on the list until she drops. I would cringe so hard if we got every President and First Lady but not the Queen.

Agreed. Can't not have her on the list, even though she is likely to live for several more years. She is too big an icon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Prince Charles is already older than his grandfather ever got to be, and older than Edward VII.

In spring next year, he will overtake George V.

If QE II lives as long as her mom, than Charles would also have to live longer than his uncle Edward VIII, who reached 77.

I don't know... the statistics are against Charles ever becoming king - if the female/male genes of House Windsor are any indication. But perhaps the Greek genes help him?

A short Charles reign will be a nice circuitbreaker between a long QE2 reign and a potentially-long William reign. I think Edward VII may end up being a good comparison - he comes in for about a decade after a long, long reign by his predecessor but manages to shake things up a little and put his own stamp on his time in office. I think Charlie will be like that, if he manages to win a potentially-hostile media over. He could be a refreshing change.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fergie86 said:

Hardly surprising though given her pampered lifestyle and the best health care money can buy, I bet the queen lives to at least 105 or 106 years of age she will live longer than her mother who lived to 101.

I would take issue with "pampered".  It would be easy for someone in the Queen's position to overindulge themselves.  But she is known to be quite frugal in her habits,  nothing to excess.  I think she deserves some credit for her own good health. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Toast said:

I would take issue with "pampered".  It would be easy for someone in the Queen's position to overindulge themselves.  But she is known to be quite frugal in her habits,  nothing to excess.  I think she deserves some credit for her own good health. 

Yes i suppose she deserves some credit for not overindulging as i certainly would in her position however there is no doubt she has many advantages that the majority don't have. The Queen has never had to worry about money and how to pay the bills, the stress of that alone can add years on you, she has never had to do a proper days work in her life because in spite of turning up at all her Royal engagements etc the actual planning and organising and work to get it all running smoothly is done by her staff. Also the Queen has never had to wait on the NHS for surgery etc when ill she is pushed to the front of the queue, it is hardly the same achievement in reaching 92 as it is of old man or woman you see in the street. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Toast said:

Yes she hasn't bloated out like Queen Vic or Ed VII. I read that she is careful to avoid overindulgence especially given the risk from attending so many state dinners and formal banquets. Outside of those times, she eats very simply. Actually, none of the current crop of royals are obese. 

Yet another article on what happens when the Queen dies and Charles is coronated:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/02/will-happen-queen-dies-will-prince-charles-become-king-charles-iii-7599353/

Charlie looks like a baby in the accompanying illustration. I am not sure a pink robe with white ribbons quite suits a grown man...

queen-coronation-2.jpg

41 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Yet another article on what happens when the Queen dies and Charles is coronated:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/02/will-happen-queen-dies-will-prince-charles-become-king-charles-iii-7599353/

Charlie looks like a baby in the accompanying illustration. I am not sure a pink robe with white ribbons quite suits a grown man...

queen-coronation-2.jpg

It suit's his complexion though.

11 hours ago, redrumours said:

It suit's his complexion though.

I'd blush too if I had to wear that.

10 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

I'd blush too if I had to wear that.

At least he's not the only one.

I reckon the Queen will see 70 years on the throne and maybe 75. Yes at 92 things can go wrong quickly but she has good genes and exceptionally good health care and has shown few signs of I'll health except the odd virus and knee replacements.Also she has never smoked like many in her family who died younger. her mother was 101 her paternal grandmother was 85 and her paternal grandfather lived to 89.Which in the 40s and 50s was a grand old age.

If she lies as long as her mother (which at this stage seems entirely plausible)Charles would be 79 when he ascends the throne

Lets be honest, if she lives as long as her mum, Chaz isn't going to be King.

Very trivial but worth mentioning. As of today, Elizabeth II has been reigning for 24,226 days, exactly 1000 more than Victoria did.

• Like 1

Just now, Dead Wait said:

Had surgery last month to remove cataract......

Poor love strained her eye looking at the small print on the "Markle Hit" contract....

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Poor love strained her eye looking at the small print on the "Markle Hit" contract....

She and Markle have never seen eye to eye.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Monarchy, Bishop, paedophilia.

This story is only missing Catholicism for DJL Bingo. :D

• Haha 1