Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

14 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Judith Keppel thinks so too.

She's practically related to royalty 3rd cousin of Camilla.

Both Lizzie and the Duke looked to be in perfect health at Eugenie's wedding yesterday. :P

Fergie's a complete loon, though, according to the compere of the Aussie simulcast, who has interviewed her in the past and showed a video as evidence  - she was all smiles one moment and the throwing a sudden tantrum the next on and off throughout the whole interview. :blink:

23 minutes ago, ebless said:

Her last Corgi dies after 74 year association with the breed.

That's one long lived Corgi.

• Haha 2

Aww, sad to lose a pet.  But I am glad to see that she isn't dogless yet.

23 minutes ago, Toast said:

Aww, sad to lose a pet.  But I am glad to see that she isn't dogless yet.

I know she loved Corgis and others do but I cannot see much about them that are endearing.

They look like the kind of dog that would tear your fingers off of your hand if you tried to stroke one.

They make a pitbull look calm and serene.

Considering her mother was an alki who lived to 101 I don't think she'll be worth putting back on the list this side of 100.

11 minutes ago, Arsewipe said:

Considering her mother was an alki who lived to 101 I don't think she'll be worth putting back on the list this side of 100.

Especially considering the Queen is a renowned light drinker.  

Would not be surprised if the Queen was still alive at 105, probably will only be a good death list candidate from about 2030 on wards, she will go on forever will the Queen or it will seem it any way.

The Queens stats are getting pretty phenomenal now.

In her reign she has had 13 prime ministers.

In her lifetime she has had 16 prime ministers.

In her reign there have been 17 general elections.

In her lifetime there have been 24 general elections.

In her reign 3 UK Prime Ministers have been born.

In her lifetime 5 UK Prime Ministers have been born.

In her reign 9 UK Prime Ministers have died.

In her lifetime 15 UK Prime Ministers have died.

In her reign there has been 13 US Presidents.

In her lifetime there has been 16 US Presidents.

In her reign there have been 17 US Presidential Elections.

In her lifetime there have been 23 US Presidential Elections.

In her reign 1 US President has been born.

In her lifetime 4 US Presidents have been born.

In her reign 9 US Presidents have died.

In her lifetime 12 US Presidents have died.

• Like 4

I've always secretly coveted a Christmastime death for her.

Just so I can use "That's the end of your reign, dear".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Deathray said:

In her lifetime 4 US Presidents have been born.

I didn't think this one could be right - thought it would be higher - but it's right. (not sure why I've bothered posting this!:D:D)

Just now, Grim Up North said:

I didn't think this one could be right - thought it would be higher - but it's right. (not sure why I've bothered posting this!:D:D)

Yeah was a suprising one, a consequence of 6 future US Presidents being born between 1910 and 1925. She was born in 1926 obviously. 

Of course this is one of those stats that's a bit annoying, it's highly likely another half a dozen presidents have been born in her reign, but there still in nappies at the minute or working their way through congress. The one that surprised me more was Obama being the only one born during her reign, but Trump is the oldest president ever and the US has a slightly more stable system than the UK one hence the difference. You'd assume the next President should the Queen live that long will be someone born after 1952. 

Actually a lot more Presidents than that.  All the Presidents from now and for the next 60 years or so (15 election cycles) she will have been alive for.  Come to think of it, a good 8 Presidents have been born since I've graced the earth.  Maybe 10.  Hopefully a third party one though I won't live to see it.
SC

The Queen looked better than she has in recent years for the 2018 Christmas Message/DeathList annual health inspection. 

Although the Duke isn't joining the family for Christmas, palace PR types claim he is in good health, too. 

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-royals/britains-prince-philip-not-expected-at-christmas-day-church-service-idUKKCN1OO0IL?il=0

These two are going to sail into the 2020s.

18 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Not sure they should take it out on Betty.

The Establishment, however it is established, is quite content for people to know their place and do whatever is necessary to uphold the system that keeps the Establishment established. Tezza May's word on the doorstep of Number 10 when she took office were essentially a steal from Thatcher's. And empty words indeed for she cares naught for aspiration or enterprise, unless it comes out of the class and colour to which she was born.

And let's face it, the "lower classes" as they would have it, lap that shit up. Happy to serve their country and lose limbs and life in the process against those privileged few drinking champagne at the Lord Mayor's Dinner each year, whispering their gratefulness for your sad loss. Happy to have their nameless name that nobody knows on an Invictus medal, so that Harry and his ilk can have some good PR. Happy to take reduced NHS services so that Starbucks, Amazon and Sport Direct can employ their children on what is laughingly termed "a living wage". Happy not to be able to afford a home until their 40s and have their extra bedrooms taxed so that the Cabinet can knock about Chequers, playing chequers with their great-grandkids future.

"We are all in it together" they say.  But remember, we doesn't include them. They will be fine. It's not hypocrisy, unless you include the hypocrisy of those who eat the bowl of shit they are served, tip their forelock and say thank you guv'nor.

Yours, an interested observer. :lol:

• Thanks 1

Queen Elizabeth’s death on January 5 is becoming quite the running joke on the me_irl subreddit

11 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

Queen Elizabeth’s death on January 5 is becoming quite the running joke on the me_irl subreddit

Ah, so we must browse the same subreddits.

c1dd1fc.jpg.8d194ed7707cea5d62b4be158b334f12.jpg

Treason!

10 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Not sure they should take it out on Betty.

The Establishment, however it is established, is quite content for people to know their place and do whatever is necessary to uphold the system that keeps the Establishment established. Tezza May's word on the doorstep of Number 10 when she took office were essentially a steal from Thatcher's. And empty words indeed for she cares naught for aspiration or enterprise, unless it comes out of the class and colour to which she was born.

And let's face it, the "lower classes" as they would have it, lap that shit up. Happy to serve their country and lose limbs and life in the process against those privileged few drinking champagne at the Lord Mayor's Dinner each year, whispering their gratefulness for your sad loss. Happy to have their nameless name that nobody knows on an Invictus medal, so that Harry and his ilk can have some good PR. Happy to take reduced NHS services so that Starbucks, Amazon and Sport Direct can employ their children on what is laughingly termed "a living wage". Happy not to be able to afford a home until their 40s and have their extra bedrooms taxed so that the Cabinet can knock about Chequers, playing chequers with their great-grandkids future.

"We are all in it together" they say.  But remember, we doesn't include them. They will be fine. It's not hypocrisy, unless you include the hypocrisy of those who eat the bowl of shit they are served, tip their forelock and say thank you guv'nor.

Yours, an interested observer. :lol:

That... is probably the wisest post we have ever had on this forum. In a few short sentences, you have shown why Marx's prophecies were totally wrong, in contrast to the reams of academic pseudo-intellectual waffle usually devoted to the subject. :D

I hereby present you with the LFN Prize for 2018.

• Haha 1