Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

44 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Anybody think she WON’T make it to the #1 spot?

Yes, she at least gets to #2. Javier Pérez de Cuéllar is immortal!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I note that Elizabeth II is currently 27th oldest living state leader (Wiki list includes heads of state and government and both current and former).

Anybody think she WON’T make it to the #1 spot?

I think she won't or shouldn't make it to top 50.

Going to take a while, she has a lot of Drol-Blockers ahead of her on that list.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eesti said:

I think she won't or shouldn't make it to top 50.

Too late, already 23 spots ahead of 50th place. :D 

She's not the oldest currently ruling state leader yet, ever since Malaysia elected Mahathir Mohamed last year at age 92 who will rule until 97 if he survives.

• Like 1

She won't make it. There will be always a Khamtai Siphandon, Yang Hyong-sop or Ali Mwinyi who manages to survive her. Probably will make the top ten,  but no number one (on a side note we will be extremely lucky to get notified about Kim Yong-ju's death from NK. If it is not the case he will be granted to stay on the list till 2028 which is a difficult time for a real person like Elizabeth II to be alive. What I'm suggesting is it will never be fair and square). 

51 minutes ago, drol said:

She won't make it. There will be always a Khamtai Siphandon, Yang Hyong-sop or Ali Mwinyi who manages to survive her. Probably will make the top ten,  but no number one (on a side note we will be extremely lucky to get notified about Kim Yong-ju's death from NK. If it is not the case he will be granted to stay on the list till 2028 which is a difficult time for a real person like Elizabeth II to be alive. What I'm suggesting is it will never be fair and square). 

Why so sure? She’s still working, appears to be in excellent physical conditional. Of the 26 names ahead of her on the list, many have been in and out of hospitals like yo-yos and all are male. She’s the only woman. Add 4 years to life expectancy over the competition. I reckon she will do it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, drol said:

She can make something much more impressive; Be the oldest serving state leader ever. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_state_leaders_by_age

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LongLive said:

She can make something much more impressive; Be the oldest serving state leader ever. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_state_leaders_by_age

Yeah time for Venetian Doge Enrico Dandolo to be finally stripped off that record after holding it for over 800 years.

• Like 2

Rumours on social media that she's snuffed it. Most likely bollocks - i'll try to get to the bottom of it.

36 minutes ago, JQW said:

Rumours on social media that she's snuffed it. Most likely bollocks - i'll try to get to the bottom of it.

You go do that, I’ll be waiting for your findings. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, JQW said:

Not bollocks, just a blokey in a guards watsapp with a penis profile pic......

seems legit :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Not bollocks, just a blokey in a guards watsapp with a penis profile pic......

seems legit :rolleyes:

Even the facts wrong. QM death was announced in hours not a day.

And it's 8am announcement times but a morning death as this bizarre hoax is.

And plus there's no way The BBC wouldn't be first with the announcement if you're referring to this bizarre tweet which appears to have started it all off!

5 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

And plus there's no way The BBC wouldn't be first with the announcement if you're referring to this bizarre tweet which appears to have started it all off!

Actually it's seem that London Bridge implies they would get it from reuters like everyone else...

That's text from the Granuiad article on London Bridge....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

An interesting read (although them expediting the death of George V so he died before The Times went to press is a bit WTF....)

There will be bulletins from the palace – not many, but enough. “The Queen is suffering from great physical prostration, accompanied by symptoms which cause much anxiety,” announced Sir James Reid, Queen Victoria’s physician, two days before her death in 1901. “The King’s life is moving peacefully towards its close,” was the final notice issued by George V’s doctor, Lord Dawson, at 9.30pm on the night of 20 January 1936. Not long afterwards, Dawson injected the king with 750mg of morphine and a gram of cocaine – enough to kill him twice over – in order to ease the monarch’s suffering, and to have him expire in time for the printing presses of the Times, which rolled at midnight.

Couple of thoughts on this:

Are we sure the person with the Dickpic profile is not Prince Andrew?

The Queen's actual Death would play merry hell with the General Election

Do so many guests come on here because are bullshit detectors are finely tuned?

11 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Actually it's seem that London Bridge implies they would get it from reuters like everyone else...

That's text from the Granuiad article on London Bridge....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

An interesting read (although them expediting the death of George V so he died before The Times went to press is a bit WTF....)

Yes, George V's doctor unilaterally decided to euthanize him without consulting the family! I mean, George was going to die inside 12 hours, but still.

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Couple of thoughts on this:

Are we sure the person with the Dickpic profile is not Prince Andrew?

The Queen's actual Death would play merry hell with the General Election

Do so many guests come on here because are bullshit detectors are finely tuned?

To be honest the death of the Queen or another royal would provide a very welcome break from the election campaign - with just over a week to go the campaign blackout would likely last until the election itself given the entire, fed up and beleaguered country a welcome break. A compassionate queen sensitive to the needs of the nation would be reaching for the barbiturates either for herself or old Phil the Greek about now. Campaigning would have to cease for a few days surely. 

Of course up until 1837 the death of a monarch triggered an election anyway.....

• Like 1

There's provisions in the Representing The People act pertaining to the death of a monarch, which forces a General Election to be delayed for two weeks, I believe. That's of course Boxing Day, so I presume it'll be delayed even further.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JQW said:

There's provisions in the Representing The People act pertaining to the death of a monarch, which forces a General Election to be delayed for two weeks, I believe. That's of course Boxing Day, so I presume it'll be delayed even further.

Yup. RotPA 1985

If Parliament is in recess at the time of the Monarch's death, then it is immediately recalled. Should the death occur after a dissolution but before votes have been cast at a General Election, then polling day will be postponed by a fortnight (Representation of the People Act 1985 s20), subject to those days that are disregarded by the Electoral Timetable (see Appendix 2, note

Theoretically aking the aggregation of FTPA 2011 which stops GEs from being bank holidays the election would be moved to the 27th December....

However the Election Bill circumvents the FTPA regulations so it could still be held on Boxing Day....

10 hours ago, msc said:

Yes, George V's doctor unilaterally decided to euthanize him without consulting the family! I mean, George was going to die inside 12 hours, but still.

That Lord Dawson not only gave George V enough morphine to kill a horse, but also felt it necessary to administer a whole gram of (presumably) pure cocaine immediately afterwards, has always seemed a bit odd to me.   I guess he just wanted the boss to enjoy his final trip with a free gift.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will probably make her live longer with fears of the future of the firm. 

17 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Will probably make her live longer with fears of the future of the firm. 

What difference will it make to us?

13 minutes ago, redrumours said:

What difference will it make to us?

What difference does anyone elses personal life do to you? I imagine it's a move to see if Meghan can still do anymore acting without intruding on the royal family business. 

• Haha 1