Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

12 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Do you have the proof of that?

See her thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Just for accuracy, she's not at Balmoral;   the photo was taken at Windsor.

BBC report says the horse's name is Balmoral Fern which is probably the source of the confusion.

So does the stable at Balmoral include a horse called Windsor?

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

So does the stable at Balmoral include a horse called Windsor?

No idea, but I do know that the Queen puts a lot of thought into naming her home-bred racehorses.  There is usually a connection to the name of the sire or dam or both.  She also breeds Fell ponies and no doubt takes similar trouble over naming them.

The horse is a 14-year-old fell pony called Fern. Not the first time a Royal has ridden a 14-year-old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Toast said:

No idea, but I do know that the Queen puts a lot of thought into naming her home-bred racehorses.  There is usually a connection to the name of the sire or dam or both.  She also breeds Fell ponies and no doubt takes similar trouble over naming them.

Well, lacking a proper job she has the time for that, eh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The horse is a 14-year-old fell pony called Fern. Not the first time a Royal has ridden a 14-year-old.

The Queen fell in love with Philip when she was only 13.  If they'd been lower class oiks, they'd probably have been at it like knives.

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well, lacking a proper job she has the time for that, eh?

It's just thinking.  I'm sure she can multi-task while reigning :D

On a serious note, it's quite interesting trying to come up with a good name for a racehorse.  A couple of trainers local to me sometimes invite suggestions for one on their Facebook pages as a competition. 

1 minute ago, Toast said:

It's just thinking.  I'm sure she can multi-task while reigning :D

On a serious note, it's quite interesting trying to come up with a good name for a racehorse.  A couple of trainers local to me sometimes invite suggestions for one on their Facebook pages as a competition. 

Name that stable and I'll suggest Horsey McHorseFace 

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Name that stable and I'll suggest Horsey McHorseFace 

Been done, sorry.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Been done, sorry.

Whale Oil Beef Hooked

And then we just wait for the commentator to speak quickly as that one leads the field home.

• Like 1

The best one I remember was from about 20 years ago.

Geespot .... by Pursuit of Love out of My Discovery

Sheer brilliance, that one :lol:

• Haha 2

Not sure this should go in the Livvie de H thread or above because it's been quoted in this thread. I'll post it in both.

There seems some debate about whether it is 2006 or 2011. But I'll say, regardless of whether it's 2006, 2011 or 2019, she is doing magnificently for her advanced age.

If you look at more recent pictures of OdH, she does "look" a lot older than in this photo. 

If you look at this twitter picture, it has the entire picture - https://twitter.com/GilpinPeri/status/1145704850933477382, which you'd have to say is more likely to be the US than France. If so, her last visit to the US appears to be around 2011. Peri Gilpin has shared the photo, but I'd be surprised if that was taken by Peri on that day, it seems something's she shared and the twitterati have responded to. Also, a French paper claimed it was in 2019, but I cannot find that link which makes me think that they may've made a mistake and removed the article.

Then 3 days later, Olivia's page on Facebook posted it. There's a number of comments in there about it being 2006. But I can't find the movie forums they refer to.

In 2016, in this report from the Daily Fail - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3670080/AP-Interview-De-Havilland-breaks-silence-sibling-feud.html  there is a quote about her eyesight failing which brings into question whether she would ride a bike with that vision.

Today is her 25,000th day on the throne. When this thread started she was coming up for 20,000 and when she debuted on DL she was merely in the 13,000s range.

• Like 4

On 01/06/2020 at 22:11, Octopus of Odstock said:

Not sure this should go in the Livvie de H thread or above because it's been quoted in this thread. I'll post it in both.

There seems some debate about whether it is 2006 or 2011. But I'll say, regardless of whether it's 2006, 2011 or 2019, she is doing magnificently for her advanced age.

If you look at more recent pictures of OdH, she does "look" a lot older than in this photo. 

If you look at this twitter picture, it has the entire picture - https://twitter.com/GilpinPeri/status/1145704850933477382, which you'd have to say is more likely to be the US than France. If so, her last visit to the US appears to be around 2011. Peri Gilpin has shared the photo, but I'd be surprised if that was taken by Peri on that day, it seems something's she shared and the twitterati have responded to. Also, a French paper claimed it was in 2019, but I cannot find that link which makes me think that they may've made a mistake and removed the article.

Then 3 days later, Olivia's page on Facebook posted it. There's a number of comments in there about it being 2006. But I can't find the movie forums they refer to.

In 2016, in this report from the Daily Fail - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3670080/AP-Interview-De-Havilland-breaks-silence-sibling-feud.html  there is a quote about her eyesight failing which brings into question whether she would ride a bike with that vision.

That’s not even a proper bike, any old goat can ride a trike.

• Like 1

She and Phil both looking chipper at yesterday's low-key wedding

_113502346_hi062516694.jpg

• Like 2

She should be in the list next year... to replace the big names gone this 2020 (Kirk Douglas, Olivia deHavilland , Lynn, Mubarak, ecc) and start a kind of new era for the Deathlist alongside with other names like Sean Connery, Clint Eastwood, Maradona, Pope Benedict XVI  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The Queen has a socially distanced  birthday meal to celebrate Princess Annes 70th. 

Just curious that Anne does not have her own thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

Just curious that Anne does not have her own thread.

Good point. I'd say the Queens elderly and favourite cousin 83 year old Princess Alexandra also deserves her own thread. 

• Like 3