Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Piers saying what we all thinking about her health.

Oh that's just Piers being Piers!

Lady Colin Campbell says its just a toilet related problem... or as she put it a   minor embarrassing problem too vulgar  to mention by name but related to eating the wrong  foods in abundance...

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh that's just Piers being Piers!

Lady Colin Campbell says its just a toilet related problem... or as she put it a   minor embarrassing problem too vulgar  to mention by name but related to eating the wrong  foods in abundance...

For almost a month? Seems a tad suspicious...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, drol said:

For almost a month? Seems a tad suspicious...

I believe she is terminally I’ll and it’s 50/50 if she will make next summer.

It's easy to injury your back or any muscle at that age. Queen Mother often curtailed her  public engagements in her nineties but nearly lived until 102.

• Like 3

Anybody here ever suffered from back pain, then been expected to stand for 2 hours straight on an autumn morning? Thought not. And once again, she's 95. But it's OK, the Oracle that is the Old Crem gets another two pages of cancer posts. By his own estimations, next up is the announcement that Charles is doing the Christmas Message. Good luck!

On a purely basic level, let's imagine for a minute that she's on her last legs: you're seriously telling me nobody with inside knowledge of the Royals is leaking that information in view of the public interest? The household is a vast network and they all have families too. Not one person thinks, "I could make a few quid here and tell the world the Queen's dying"? They're not all dyed in the wool Royal loyalists, you know.

• Like 1

So, in summary, the public want to see the Queen back out, but now she's put her back out, she has had to back out? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Anybody here ever suffered from back pain, then been expected to stand for 2 hours straight on an autumn morning? Thought not. And once again, she's 95. But it's OK, the Oracle that is the Old Crem gets another two pages of cancer posts. By his own estimations, next up is the announcement that Charles is doing the Christmas Message. Good luck!

On a purely basic level, let's imagine for a minute that she's on her last legs: you're seriously telling me nobody with inside knowledge of the Royals is leaking that information in view of the public interest? The household is a vast network and they all have families too. Not one person thinks, "I could make a few quid here and tell the world the Queen's dying"? They're not all dyed in the wool Royal loyalists, you know.

Would any of the British press print a rumour about the queen’s health like that. After how the royal family reacted when one of the papers years ago alleged Philip had prostate cancer.  Piers clearly knows more than he is letting on so the rest of media know as well.

It is all too suspicious to not something more serious.

https://emoha.com/blogs/health/lower-back-pain-in-elderly

10 explanations or reasons for back pain in the elderly and none of them of an imminent life threatening  nature.

Back pain really is fairly common and one of these  explanations  for her woes is incredibly likely to be the case rather than a  secret cancer etc.

Piers is tweeting from the perspective of wanting the scoop and believing we are entitled to know every detail of the Queens health. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

10 explanations or reasons for back pain in the elderly and none of them of an imminent life threatening  nature.

Back pain really is fairly common and one of these  explanations  for her woes is incredibly likely to be the case rather than a  secret cancer etc.

Piers is tweeting from the perspective of wanting the scoop and believing we are entitled to know every detail of the Queens health. 

If it was just back pain I could agree with you but all her absences and her one night in hospital are adding up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Would any of the British press print a rumour about the queen’s health like that. After how the royal family reacted when one of the papers years ago alleged Philip had prostate cancer.  Piers clearly knows more than he is letting on so the rest of media know as well.

It is all too suspicious to not something more serious.

Those rules governing Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc. too do they? It's only suspicious because you say it's suspicious.

As far as I can see, a 95 year old woman had a busy few weeks of engagements, she felt fatigued, doctors told her to rest and did some precautionary checks in hospital along with a night's observation. She went home, continued to rest, for longer than initially planned, undertook light virtual duties, spent a few days at her country retreat, came back and has now strained her back in some way.

My assumption is this was at least a few days ago (and didn't need commenting on as she was already "resting") and the hope was it would sufficiently settle down in time for Sunday's service. Clearly that didn't happen, so they've regretfully have had to say she can't attend. The fact she hasn't cancelled her attendance at the Cenotaph until the last possible moment, to me, isn't anything sinister, it just shows how determined she was to be present if at all possible. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The Queen has always had back problems. I mentioned this about 30 pages back – she has a noticeable hunch, owing to a lifetime of stooping over her writing desk.

Take it from someone who has injured their back in sport before (slipped disk when I played rugby) – back pain is excruciatingly painful.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The Queen has always had back problems. I mentioned this about 30 pages back – she has a noticeable hunch, owing to a lifetime of stooping over her writing desk.

And carrying those massive jugs around!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Those rules governing Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc. too do they? It's only suspicious because you say it's suspicious.

As far as I can see, a 95 year old woman had a busy few weeks of engagements, she felt fatigued, doctors told her to rest and did some precautionary checks in hospital along with a night's observation. She went home, continued to rest, for longer than initially planned, undertook light virtual duties, spent a few days at her country retreat, came back and has now strained her back in some way.

My assumption is this was at least a few days ago (and didn't need commenting on as she was already "resting") and the hope was it would sufficiently settle down in time for Sunday's service. Clearly that didn't happen, so they've regretfully have had to say she can't attend. The fact she hasn't cancelled her attendance at the Cenotaph until the last possible moment, to me, isn't anything sinister, it just shows how determined she was to be present if at all possible. 

Anyone could say on Twitter or Facebook she is terminal. Nobody would really listen.

Plenty of people who terminally ill are determined to attend events and then cancel at the last minute. 

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Anyone could say on Twitter or Facebook she is terminal. Nobody would really listen.

Plenty of people who terminally ill are determined to attend events and then cancel at the last minute. 

And plenty of people who are ill but not terminally ill are determined to attend things and drop out at the last minute. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No matter if she’s Ill or not, we can all agree that now that Philip’s gone, she’s definitely frailer. I doubt there’s something like cancer but I think we can except some more scare in the next few month. Page 105 and she’s still here : imagine when she does die...

Charles looked pretty sad at the Remembrance Service. Obviously it might only be because it’s the first without Phillip but it might because he knows next year he won’t be laying one on behalf of the Queen. 

• Facepalm 7

I think it might be worth remembering how long it was between the Duke of Edinburgh having prolonged hospital stays and not appearing at events to his eventual demise.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I think it might be worth remembering how long it was between the Duke of Edinburgh having prolonged hospital stays and not appearing at events to his eventual demise.

Indeed. 

I am confident she will reach her platinum jubilee  in June next year..

I suppose from now until the Queen dies aged 105 in 2031 there is going to be all kinds of speculation and guesswork everytime she is out of public view for too long!;) This thread will be crazy and fevered at times!

But seriously I think we are going to have to get used to seeing less of the Queen  in the years ahead even when she recovers from her current back problem .She already doesn't fly abroad and I imagine  the frequency and distance she travels within the UK will reduce in the years ahead. 

I'd put money on her still reaching 100.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Charles looked pretty sad at the Remembrance Service. Obviously it might only be because it’s the first without Phillip but it might because he knows next year he won’t be laying one on behalf of the Queen. 

Everyone there looks solemn...it's a bloody remembrance service. He's hardly going to be grinning from massive ear to massive ear. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

However I will probably start playing the Queen much lower down in the Inverse Deadpool from now on

2 minutes ago, GEMINEYE said:

Everyone there looks solemn...it's a bloody remembrance service. He's hardly going to be grinning from massive ear to massive ear. 

He looks just more sad.

Just now, The Old Crem said:

He looks just more sad.

Maybe he's fucked off that he has to attend a remembrance service on his birthday