Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

I wondered if commenting on the Queen's large breasts was lèse-majesté and one of the things you could still be hanged for. Turns out it isn't, but calling for the abolition of the monarchy is still against the 1848 Treason Felony Act, and theoretically punishable with life imprisonment.

• Like 1

On 22/11/2021 at 18:14, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I wondered if commenting on the Queen's large breasts was lèse-majesté and one of the things you could still be hanged for. Turns out it isn't, but calling for the abolition of the monarchy is still against the 1848 Treason Felony Act, and theoretically punishable with life imprisonment.

The only large breast I can see here is you, ye massive tit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

She's been leap-frogged twice in just over a week, so her bodily components along with their functions are more robust than I first thought. Perhaps we should remove her from the next 5 death lists? Thinking of what the odds could be of Charlie leap-frogging her too, I'll check with my local bookie and may have a flutter on him. As a side bet, I'm also thinking that Boris Johnson could be assassinated while still in office (wishful thinking on my part) as he's one of the most detested statesmen on the planet.

11 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

She's been leap-frogged twice in just over a week, so her bodily components along with their functions are more robust than I first thought. Perhaps we should remove her from the next 5 death lists? Thinking of what the odds could be of Charlie leap-frogging her too, I'll check with my local bookie and may have a flutter on him. As a side bet, I'm also thinking that Boris Johnson could be assassinated while still in office (wishful thinking on my part) as he's one of the most detested statesmen on the planet.

I disagree on that. He surely isn't a statesman.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

Boris will probably be a DL candidate c.2060.

More like 2045-2050 if he makes it. He doesn’t look massively healthy despite exercising a lot. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

Boris will probably be a DL candidate c.2060.

It'd be the first success of 2022 if I had anything to do with it!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

It'd be the first success of 2022 if I had anything to do with it!

Why wait?

Dowager Duchess of Grafton, friend of the Queen, has died aged 101. Mistress of the Robes for ages.

DDP hit for me. Probably reported somewhere first else due her immense fame, qualifying her place on my team...

• Like 1

Royal family pre-Christmas lunch cancelled

The pre-Christmas family lunch will not be going ahead.

The decision is a precautionary one as it is felt to put too many people’s Christmas arrangements at risk if it went ahead, the BBC has been told.

While there is regret that it is cancelled, there is a belief it is the right thing to do for all concerned.

• Like 1

Setting an example as always.  A pity the government doesn't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Has cancelled her Christmas party due to her stage IV pancreatic cancer.

FTFY. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Setting an example as always.  A pity the government doesn't.

Boris knows his time as PM would be over if he puts anymore restrictions as his backbenchers will remove him Thatcher style. It’s quite possible that if he has to bring in more restrictions he will have to resign during the same speech. 

46 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Boris knows his time as PM would be over if he puts anymore restrictions as his backbenchers will remove him Thatcher style. It’s quite possible that if he has to bring in more restrictions he will have to resign during the same speech. 

I didn't say "Boris".  I said the government.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

I didn't say "Boris".  I said the government.

Boris likely successors are even more anti lockdown.

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Boris likely successors are even more anti lockdown.

You appear to be agreeing with me, yet trying to turn it into an argument.

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

FTFY. :P

Yeah, well we know how dangerous Covid is to cancer patients. It's a sure sign that the end is nigh. I'm looking forward to Charles's Christmas message in 9 days' time... :rolleyes:

She has made a secret trip to London. Just visiting someone or shopping somewhere?

26 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

She has made a secret trip to London. Just visiting someone or shopping somewhere?

The London trip was last week wasn't it?

She seems to have lost the walking stick, which is positive. Perhaps her back issues are improving/gone?

Edit: Forgot about this. The Duchess of Grafton's funeral was on Thursday in Suffolk. Likely the Queen attended then did one or two things in London either side of it.

31 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Where did you hear that?

If true I think @Ulitzer95 perspective/ theory in their post  is most likely what happened.

The Duchess of Grafton was one of the Queens closest and oldest friends  and attending her funeral would have been very important to her 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The London trip was last week wasn't it?

She seems to have lost the walking stick, which is positive. Perhaps her back issues are improving/gone?

Edit: Forgot about this. The Duchess of Grafton's funeral was on Thursday in Suffolk. Likely the Queen attended then did one or two things in London either side of it.

I think the Sun would have mentioned the visit to the Duchess of Grafton’s funeral.. 

• Facepalm 1