Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

To be honest I think they're liable to die within days of each other.

Or months, I mean look at Liz Smith and Caroline Aherne...

• Like 2

You receive a "Like" from me for posting something relevant. :D

Yes, in the past we have debated if losing Phil will cause her to shuffle off quickly herself. You are likely to find the discussion in the earlier pages of this thread, I believe. FWIW, I am in the camp that believes she will go within six months of Phil. Others here hold a strongly contrary position, however that she will just keep chuggging along without him until she reaches somewhere around her mum's age.

I think she will chug along without him. After all her mother survived quite nicely without George VI for decades.

• Like 1

69704.jpg

I love that tiara and necklace set. I think the earrings and bracelet are matching too.

69704.jpg

I love that tiara and necklace set. I think the earrings and bracelet are matching too.

She looks gorgeous, but he looks like a hotel bell-boy.

Next Monday will be her sapphire jubilee, marking 65 years on the throne: http://www.themercury.com.au/news/world/queen-elizabeth-ii-to-celebrate-sapphire-jubilee-marking-65-years-on-the-throne/news-story/f74084f050da7f24af7aee682427ad71

Another milestone bites the dust.

Also, if they both survive until November 20th, they will celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary.

Given they are both on the list this year, it will be an interesting race to Nov 20 to see if the Committee are right or not. If the Committee are wrong, the Queen and Duke well deserve to celebrate!

To make a relevant point (for once), I don't think Liz will be offsetting her orb any time soon. However Phil the Greek may do his last Kerkiraikos. Will she survive therefore without him is the big question.

Just want her to carry on as long as possible to wind Charles up. I want Charles to be so old when he gets crowned they need to plan toilet breaks into the coronation and don't dare put the crown on his head.

Taking on a head of state role will after most people have retired... Sounds sensible

Having retired in the early hours after playing a pre-release copy of Ride 2, her majesty rose late this morning and broke her fast with quails eggs and larks tongues in aspic.

Having retired in the early hours after playing a pre-release copy of Ride 2, her majesty rose late this morning and broke her fast with quails eggs and larks tongues in aspic.

She likes birds, it's clear.

• Like 1

rs_1024x728-160608172635-1024.Queen-Eliz

She looks 30 years younger than him here! She will outlast him for sure.

She likes birds, it's clear.

Yes, I remember when she was in the news for wringing a pheasant's neck.

• Like 2

Following centuries of tradition, Her Majesty today climbed the Royal Elm in Hyde Park and flung herself in the arms of the gathered ensemble of courtiers, all of whom share their birthdays with her ascencion to the throne.

Looks like he can't wait to be crowned ......

3cacfb72-12fa-4402-af51-438a0a728261-lar

He actually looks a lot older and in Worse health than his parents.

• Like 1

Her Majesty enjoyed attending the annual Gibbon wrestling festival at Earl's Court today, before heading back to the palace for tea and olives.

• Like 1

rs_1024x728-160608172635-1024.Queen-Eliz

I quite fancy her in that pic - not sure if it's the black and white, that's she's laughing or the fact that it's about 50 years ago :-)

Well if Deathray keeps posting Libby photos, we can look back on some of The Globes royal correspondent's greatest hits... (and not the ones I tend to bring up)

022fece46fb89a181c1ef91e4eb497b3.jpg

(from 2013)

8b705b9bbabfa2b1de4b4e271a715fd3.jpg

(They really don't like poor Camilla...)

db4840caf47bc1e3b259983eeb7016a6.jpg

(This one is a favourite - its from early 2013, and predicts months to live for both Queenie and Valerie Harper...)

I suspect sales go up if Queen is on the cover. Less than 200 months to live shock!

FWIW I think this was a waste of a pick. Can't see Liz going anywhere for at least 5* years.

*There, I've said it. Kiss of death

• Like 4

FWIW I think this was a waste of a pick. Can't see Liz going anywhere for at least 5* years.

*There, I've said it. Kiss of death

Oh it almost certainly is, but then, on the off chance it's not... Never mind your Stan Lees and Javier de Thingy, this one's too big to miss. Besides, JP2 clogged up a spot for 700 years...

^ LOL at the corgi's arse in the background.