weatherman90

Tammy Faye Messner

The writing is on the wall. It's a matter of days. Somebody tell Grim Reaper to prepare the obituary.

The writing is on the wall. It's a matter of days. Somebody tell Grim Reaper to prepare the obituary.

Sixty pounds?? my god how is this lady still alive!

Good find, FF. She now weighs just four stone four pounds and has 'started hospice'. I think we all know how hospice finishes...

Indeed 12T though I do know one person who had hospice care followed by complete remission and the all clear. Celebrated by getting a new boyfriend and grabbing at life in a party stylee!

Tammy Faye's on her way, mind. The all clear in her case will refer to vacating her room for the next terminal case.

From a DDP point of view, please hang on until the 13th of July (or August or September), Tammy Faye. I'm certainly praying for her alright, but perhaps not how her son intended. :dead:

From a DDP point of view, please hang on until the 13th of July (or August or September), Tammy Faye. I'm certainly praying for her alright, but perhaps not how her son intended. :P

Yes, she's tantalisingly near. I've got double DDP points riding on this.... :dead:

A couple of edits have been made a reverted on Wiki that she is dead.

Probably normal vandalism, but worth a note.

how long is she actually expected to live for now?

is it days months or hours?

Nobody's saying from her end but if the evidence is at it seems we HAVE to be talking days. Even OoO's prayers for her hanging on until Friday might not be answered.

Nobody's saying from her end but if the evidence is at it seems we HAVE to be talking days. Even OoO's prayers for her hanging on until Friday might not be answered.

Take it from personal experience, if she's in a hospice, we are talking days..... ;)

Take it from personal experience, if she's in a hospice, we are talking days..... ;)

I hate being a spoilsport, but being in hospice care (which could last for years) is not the same as actually staying in a hospice (an accomodation for people with a life expectancy of no more than a couple of months). It has been mentioned before in this thread, I believe.

I hate being a spoil sport, but being in hospice care (which could last for years) is not the same as actually staying in a hospice (an accomodation for people with a life expectancy of not more than a couple of months). It has been mentioned before in this thread, I believe.

I think it was a query on my part that sparked that debate as I didn't understand the difference between hospice care and being in a hospice.

I'm guessing it will be a couple of weeks, if not days before Tammy passes on. At least the hospice staff will be able to make her last days as comfortable as possible (even though she said on an interview that she's in constant pain)

yeah Hospice care, or being in a Hospice, or just Hop Skip & Jumping round a Hospice... whatever.

not long to go, i'd say no more than 10 days

10 days might be optimistic. Consider her weight and - relative - wealth which would mean she'd have the chance to be fairly comfortable at home, possibly, until the time they needed 24/7 morphine and medical staff on hand all the time.

I say she doesn't make this time next week.

A new note from Tammy.

Her weight is up a bit and she's lucid... quite an impressive fighter, I have to admit.

A new note from Tammy.

Her weight is up a bit and she's lucid... quite an impressive fighter, I have to admit.

Why oh why didn't I make Barzan Al-Tikriti my joker instead of TFM? :banghead:

she defitnely isnt givign up easy thats for sure

Five pounds, pah! It's the steroids man, nowt else. Fair play for her stayin' power, mind, but she's gone in time for those with her down as a pick this year. Mark my words, or summat.

If Tammy can hold off her passing until August 13th, I'd be 4 extra points happier.

Let's be honest, we love her to death, but she just won't die. :banghead:

She's on Larry King Live tomorrow. Thankfully I don't get CNN.

Surely that should be Larry King Barely A-Live.

No way. If she is going on Larry King Live tomorrow in person that means she couldn't possibly be on the downward spiral that has been so widely assumed. I'll make it my business to tune in.

If she speaks it will be over the phone.

Question is, will the media make much of a fuss of her final days, like with George Best?

Will she get a UK obit?

Question is, will the media make much of a fuss of her final days, like with George Best?

Will she get a UK obit?

I doubt she'll get as much as a passing mention to be honest.