weatherman90

Tammy Faye Messner

Hmm; the year definitely not.

Qualification and the start line for the WDP, quite likely I think.

Originally I thought March sounded like her month, but now it seems essential that early May is her ticket.

She believes without a doubt that God is healing her.

What do the rest of our readers think?

I think the WDP starts in a few weeks and she'll be amongst the most popular team members.

I second that - she is very popular already as entries come in. Unfortunately, my theme team this year, 1918 births, does not allow Tammy. Or maybe I could include her by giving my theme team the name "People born in 1918, and people who wear so much make up that they look like they could possibly have been born in 1918." :banghead:

So, yes, I think that Tammy's "death note" will be issued during the next WDP, if not the current one - although there are just a couple of weeks left.

:D You people that have never suffered with a loved one just wait...it will happen one day and see how YOU like this crap.

Well actually I have. My sister is undergoing treatment for cervical cancer and I have been treated for breast cancer.

Recently I have been diagnosed with chronic Pulmonary Hypertension and have just been forced to quit work. My future is uncertain to say the least.

However I have a sense of humour and find this site very entertaining. I don't join in the discussions very often but love reading them.

If you don't like the site then don't come here. Simple!

Is it just me or does she have a problem in the "famous" criteria of this site?

Well I've never heard of her but then I haven't heard of a lot of people.

I those of us in the UK are less likely to know Evangalists or wives of Evangalists than you in the USA.

:D You people that have never suffered with a loved one just wait...it will happen one day and see how YOU like this crap.

Well actually I have. My sister is undergoing treatment for cervical cancer and I have been treated for breast cancer.

Recently I have been diagnosed with chronic Pulmonary Hypertension and have just been forced to quit work. My future is uncertain to say the least.

However I have a sense of humour and find this site very entertaining. I don't join in the discussions very often but love reading them.

If you don't like the site then don't come here. Simple!

jesus... i hope you umm.. get better? i dont even know what that pulmonary thing is but it sounds pretty bad. you have a great attitude. :D

rm

I do know what that Pulmonary thing is. go well! We'll do our best to keep you amused.

jesus... i hope you umm.. get better? i dont even know what that pulmonary thing is but it sounds pretty bad. you have a great attitude. :D

rm

I do know what that Pulmonary thing is. go well! We'll do our best to keep you amused.

Thank you both.

Yea i agree if shes been bedridden for months theres no way shes magically getting better will she be #2 well have to find out

That seems to be correct. My uncle was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last September - he went in for surgery, woke up and almost died of heart failure. He was in intensive care for 3 months and barely conscious while they tried to fix his heart. Then, he came out alive and was better for a month or two. Then earlier this year the cancer was back and had spread to his liver. Doctors give him about 6-12 months. My uncle was a smoker, and Tammy was obviously a smoker, so when your body is that full of chemicals I suppose cancer is a tough thing to get rid of. Even if she does get better I'm sure it won't be long before it returns.

This lady named Tammy Faye, her expectations were short and she is stretching them long. But it has to be a long run, and that should get her out of breath, and if that should get away from her, it might be hard for her to catch that breath back. So in that long run if she could find a ride, then she just might just slide by in time. But if she keeps running, she has got to remember that the clock is still ticking, and somehow she has to find away around her own limitations.

That seems to be correct. My uncle was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last September - he went in for surgery, woke up and almost died of heart failure. He was in intensive care for 3 months and barely conscious while they tried to fix his heart. Then, he came out alive and was better for a month or two. Then earlier this year the cancer was back and had spread to his liver. Doctors give him about 6-12 months. My uncle was a smoker, and Tammy was obviously a smoker, so when your body is that full of chemicals I suppose cancer is a tough thing to get rid of. Even if she does get better I'm sure it won't be long before it returns.

Actually, she wasn't. Fifteen - 20% of people who get lung cancer never smoked or smoked very little. Not a conclusion one can jump to.

Fifteen - 20% of people who get lung cancer never smoked or smoked very little. Not a conclusion one can jump to.

Quite right, though a lot of the time the cancer is the result of long term exposure to other peoples smoke.

Sometimes it just happens with no obvious reason.

Guest Casual Observer

Actually, she wasn't. Fifteen - 20% of people who get lung cancer never smoked or smoked very little. Not a conclusion one can jump to.

I've been following this forum for a bit now and just wanted to clear something up. I don't believe Tammy has actual lung cancer but colon cancer that has metastasized to her lungs. Technically this is still considered colon cancer - stage IV. It behaves differently than primary lung cancer. I've heard she is not doing too well regardless. Not that this info changes anything but I just wanted to put it out there. Peace.

Fifteen - 20% of people who get lung cancer never smoked or smoked very little. Not a conclusion one can jump to.

Quite right, though a lot of the time the cancer is the result of long term exposure to other peoples smoke.

Sometimes it just happens with no obvious reason.

Or in Tammy's case - hot air from TV evangelists!

;)

I still think TFM will be gone in the next few months. Her past 2 letters have been brief with few medical details - she usually includes all the great news from her doctors, cancer count, etc.. It's obvious that there hasn't been any good news as of late or she would have divulged that information.

I've been following this forum for a bit now and just wanted to clear something up. I don't believe Tammy has actual lung cancer but colon cancer that has metastasized to her lungs. Technically this is still considered colon cancer - stage IV. It behaves differently than primary lung cancer. I've heard she is not doing too well regardless. Not that this info changes anything but I just wanted to put it out there. Peace.

i think you should become a member, its always nice to have a doctor around, you could have you own area just to help the members, and i could be your first patient. i have this really sore piggy (toe)! what do you reck? less beer or more gout tablets?

For those of you with better things to do than read the website of a dying woman, I can tell you that the latest update has been posted on TammyFaye.com.

If it's less grim than the last one, that's only because she seems to have accepted the inevitable, despite the increasingly desperate optimism.

"The doctors have stopped trying to treat the cancer...I am down weight wise to 65 pounds, and look like a scarecrow."

Not being a medical doctor, I shan't prognose. But the idiot in my head who seems to want to comment on everything says "Not long."

For those of you with better things to do than read the website of a dying woman, I can tell you that the latest update has been posted on TammyFaye.com.

If it's less grim than the last one, that's only because she seems to have accepted the inevitable, despite the increasingly desperate optimism.

"The doctors have stopped trying to treat the cancer...I am down weight wise to 65 pounds, and look like a scarecrow."

Not being a medical doctor, I shan't prognose. But the idiot in my head who seems to want to comment on everything says "Not long."

You'd think a religious type would be looking forward to meeting her maker, not trying to put the inevitable meeting off.

Less grim? More like, they have given up. My #1 pick. :D

My #1 pick.

I predict that no deadpicker on any major deadpool will be able to claim a unique pick bonus; the points bonanza about to pay out will register on the Richter Scale, or summat.

If she's telling the truth about her weight it'll be someone else posting the next update on her site.

Guess we can all see the end coming fast for TFBM now! Who else wants to call an estimated date of death? I'll plump for the last week in June '07.

I originally had a hunch that she'll go on either March 17th or April 17th.

Both those dates have been and gone, so I'll go for June 17th

I have no wish to predict a date for the unfortunate woman, but I would say that a death on the 13th of any month would be a fantastic boost for OoO's DDP team. :)

I have no wish to predict a date for the unfortunate woman, but I would say that a death on the 13th of any month would be a fantastic boost for OoO's DDP team. <_<

And mine! Boy do I need the points. Sunday right? :)

I'll go for...middle of July..

June 6 is my guess. It certainly looks like she doesn't have long left - I'm surprised she even continued treatment this far. Maybe her skeleton will make one last Larry King appearance? :)