weatherman90

Tammy Faye Messner

Biggs, like Suharto and Haughey have proven themselves to be DL teases, so I would not be at all surprised if all three are still alive on Jan 1st next year.

Please, your seriously not helping by saying this. Hopefully Suharto and Haughley will both depart, although I don't expect the death of Ronnie Biggs. For all we know he could be a prime canidate for 2008? This clearly isn't positive thinking and a more recent photograph of him would help judge whether or not his death is right next door.

Anyway getting back on topic... Tammy Faye Messner is done for.

Thanks for your musings, FF.

However, I still think TFM is risky from a UK obit point of view. Am I right in thinking this, or is Messner generally well-known? In other words, do most people know of her prior to be a DL/DP possibility? If she's more well known than I give her credit for, it'll change my DDP top 20 for sure.

Thanks in advance.

I'll confess a fleeting familiarity with her, mainly because I'd been taking an interest in her husband's career. She's in my Weatherman DP and on the Wikipedia (Weatherman's acid test for such things). Oddly Petruska Clarkson - recently deceased - didn't have a Wiki entry.

Thanks for your musings, FF.

However, I still think TFM is risky from a UK obit point of view. Am I right in thinking this, or is Messner generally well-known? In other words, do most people know of her prior to be a DL/DP possibility? If she's more well known than I give her credit for, it'll change my DDP top 20 for sure.

Thanks in advance.

The scandal with Jim Bakker was big before my time really, so it's a bit difficult for me to say. I do know, however, that she's made several appearences on sitcoms in America, so at the very least she's a bit of a cultish icon. She is, however, a well known evangelical, and if someone like Stanley Kunitz could get a BBC obit, then surely she'll get something in at least the Guardian.

She's a definite for a UK obit. Take a couple of things on board:

1 - Her and her husband is a damn good story and journos around the world won't have forgotten her. Obit wise, it'll write itself.

2 - Most of the big media organisations are global and since this'll be a cert for US/Canada obits there will be easy access to a decent obit for the likes of The Times.

Not that I'm a mod or owt but I reckon she counts, no question about it.

Guest Rotten_Ali

Can't do it here as I'm in work & on my lunch break - but could someone please check if TFB(M) is on the Lee Attwater listing of available picks. If she is then I guess she will get a UK orbit somewhere.

Can't do it here as I'm in work & on my lunch break - but could someone please check if TFB(M) is on the Lee Attwater listing of available picks. If she is then I guess she will get a UK orbit somewhere.

Yep, she's listed.

Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason:

The Websense category "Tasteless" is filtered.

Employers eh?

Guest petruska clarkson
In case you didn't know, INOPERABLE means get her on the list!!!

Petruska, glad to see death hasn't limited your ability to post on the Deathlist. Does your death by suicide undermine in any way the value of psychotherapy? As a leading therapist in the ITA yourself you would have been required to have regular therapy and supervision and - in theory at least - should have been one of the least likely people to go out that way.

Just enquirin', like.

If she's moving to a plot where her and her husband plan to BUILD I'd make of it that she's got longer left than some of us thought. Man, I've put some stinkers on my WDP this year.

Guest iain

look slike shes recovering-might as well remove her as a possible deathlist candidate

look slike shes recovering-might as well remove her as a possible deathlist candidate

I doubt it. The latest report from an article earlier this year was that she had stage 4 lung cancer. The prospects of survival from that are pretty slim.

Somehow I see another bet coming on...

You don't 'recover' in these circumstances, you can - however - survive for a few years depending on a few variables all going well.

Health update, though you have to scroll down a bit to "side dishes."

The minister of Revolution Church had just come from visiting his mother, Tammy Faye Messner, who suffers from inoperable lung cancer and was "not doing too well," the 30-year-old said.

Strugglin' with the link above, not struggling with that news, mind. Marooned amongst the also rans in the WDP, I find myself clingin' desperately to such promising morsels.

Speaking of updates on her health, or in this case, lack of, Tammyfaye.com has not been updated with an update from Tammy for nearly 3 months, which is quite unusual. Perhaps she is already to weak to write? Six teams in the WDP selected her so this would be a big hit there.

Aye, but there'll be Canadian Paul Deadpoolers begging her to live eight more days now.

A recent story in the New Yorker (about her son) said she's dying in a hospice. It shouldn't be long.

A recent story in the New Yorker (about her son) said she's dying in a hospice. It shouldn't be long.

Here's a link to that story.

Personally I hope she hangs on until '07. She'd make a great DeathList and DDP selection.

If she really is in the hospital, and her condition continues to progress I say it would be a long shot if she could live untill the year 2007. I have seen situations as this, like how George Best just couldn't cling on long enough for this calender year.

I agree that it is highly unlikely for Tammy Faye Messner to hold on until 2007, but I remain hopeful. The best circumstance would be for her to do a Lou Rawls and die early next year.