Pete Libertine is not a bad call - seems like hes be well off his tits for quite a while now and doing "strange" performances on stage.

Heard he was in rehab a few weeks ago but didnt know hed gone to Thailand to "recover"

Dont they have some pretty effective "medicine" there called Yaba? That may well help Pete on the road to DeathList stardom :lol:

Pete Doherty of Libertines fame is starting to look a bit of a hot prospect. Having been aptly described by our grim leader as "well off his tits for quite a while now", he has now run away from his monastic rehabilitation centre in Thailand and headed for Bangkok - where he will not be able to lay his hands on any drugs what-so-ever, not one ...

http://www.nme.com/news/108813.htm

Go for it Pete!

DWB ;)

Hey this is starting to look very promising (and clearly deserves its own thread now - voila!)

The NME tracking of this story is reminiscent of the OJ Simpson White Bronco pursuit - Doherty is heading for doom and the NME is right on his heels ;)

The NME's been waiting for a story like this ever since Shaun Ryder failed to deliver ;) Im nearly tempted to buy the NME again - if only it hadnt been pronounced clinically dead several years ago ;)

Im voting for a mysterious Doherty disappearance shortly into the mists of Bangkok - Thank God nobody's got him Derby Dead Pool - some chance ha!

NME

Upon leaving the Monastery, Pete signed a declaration stating that: "Thamkrabok Monastery have done everything they could to help me, but I am just not strong enough for this treatment." 

June Brown, the actress who plays Dot Cotton in EastEnders is involved with the charity. She said: "This is a deeply concerning state of affairs. It’s tragic that he has clearly taken the choice to continue using drugs. I am truly concerned for his mother who must be devastated."

How random that an elderly Cockney soap actress is a patron of a Thai rehab clinic run by monks. And how ironic that June Brown has been picked in the DDP...

[b*ll*cks, must remember to log in after clearing out cookies...- fixed now Rude Kid - GR]

God, that is very weird.

This whole thread is proving to be a very interesting read indeed - Ford Bronco's, Dot Cotton, Thamkrabok Monastery, Pete Doherty... I can't wait for the 3-part serialisation on ITV1 with Ross Kemp playing the lead role of Pete. Maybe the will all end up on that island where they filmed The Beach, the one where they all went mad, and killed each other in yaba induced craziness.

I've done the right thing and added a personal thread subscription. I can't wait to see if the NME gets its man.

Maybe The Divine Comedy will write a song about all this stuff.

Guest Guest

U BUNCH OF SICK F**KS!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR KICKS FROM PEOPLES DEATH

SICK AS f**k!!

Thanks for your intelligent comments Guest

Just to pick you up on one point we don't directly get kicks out of death - we get kicks out of predicting celebrity deaths over which we have no influence.

Guest Guest

You all clearly know nothing about Peter Doherty's life, live performances and drug addiction if all you base your(in my opinion sick) comments on NME articles and bollocks like the sun. Ive gone to many a libertines and babyshambles show over the last two years and met the sweet sweet man himself, so I and many others think that you are all f*****g sick for trying to predict someones death, especially the death of someone so lovely and influencial. Seriously you should all think about getting a life

Guest Guest

and if you don't know him directly or are a fan of his music stop following his every move(be it through media) it's just f*****g sick and I pity you. Only trying to open your eyes and help

bye

So thats a plea to "open our eyes" and at the same time close our eyes and stop following the story. Hmmm :(

Difficult to avoid news of the latest driving/knife incident on his return to the UK though - Pete is clearly a troubled lad.

Guest Bethan

<a href=http://vaanewm.com>wjbcbmjej</a>

Edited by Guest

A drive-by ranter who is both polite & lucid.

Thank you to Bethan, and miracles do exist.

I'll second that Yeti - point well made Bethan.

This thread has been a bit of a rant magnet recently and a couple of post deletions have had to take place, so it is refreshing to see something different.

Personally, I hope Mr Doherty gets himself sorted out as, after all, hes not actually on this year's list.

Guest Bethan

It's being the target for less eloquent ranters due to it being posted on one of the Libertines message forums and because there are so many people that completely idolise him and think that because he's Pete he can do whatever he wants, they seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that the amount of brown he is doing will eventually kill him, therefore leading them to post stupid, irrational, incoherent posts defending their skag-head idol.

I apologise for some of the morons but will continue to hope.

:)

Ahh - now I understand

Well, any vistors from the Libertines forum, I guess youre not gonna be that happy with this site but its nothing personal against Pete.

Frankly most of whats here is just following the NME coverage, which you may not approve of either.

Just a casual observation but the Libs forum does look like a bit of a rant-fest - clearly a better place to rant than here if you need to - or maybe the NME forums but I think they are closed at the moment.

Guest skemkarlos

Long Live the genius of Pete Doherty,

A Great Man, he is

the Libs forum does look like a bit of a rant-fest

Something of an understatement there, GR. I assume this is the thread in question? Playground insults and glorification of rape would seem to be the order of the day on the Libertines forum then. Suddenly our idle speculation over Mr Doherty's state of mind doesn't look so sick after all.

:) Well Rude Kid, I didn't want to overdo the point - that isn't the only thread - there are others in a similar vein :)

I was keen to avoid an "our forum's better than your forum" dispute ;)

Guest Bethan

To be fair, the whole rapist thing is just one person out of thousands of posts. It's not like every member is a boasting self confessed rapist.

LIBERTINES NEWS UPDATE!

Even his band think he's a bit of a liability - they've sacked him until he kicks his crack habit - and all the other drugs he may or may not take.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3144661

Do you think the disappointment of losing his job will send him over the edge?

DWB :lol:

Everybody chant in Buddhist Thai; "six more months, six more months..."

The NME is still hotly following the story...

Lets not oversimplify his troubles DWB - apparently Mr D has a crack AND smack problem :lol:

I don't claim to know anything about this predicament other than...ooh thats gotta be a tough one ;)

No doubt the NME will keep us informed...

What a fantastic phrase though: crack&smack

I can see it now in that French Connection typeface...

• Like 1