Guest Guest

The charges are all from Janurary, I.e. before his last court appearence and he is in rehab so prison is unlikley.

Doherty has once more escaped prison by the skin of his teeth.

Time alone will tell if 18 months in rehab will make a new man of him or not.

A little time in prison could make a different man of him!

Judge Jane McIvor said he was showing "significant signs of compliance and effort"

I think she might have been taking perception altering drugs herself! :lol:

Presumably you mean in the 5p-50p sense? :o

It would mean that finally, he really would be showing "significant signs of compliance and effort", although perhaps not where you'd expect. :lol:

Presumably you mean in the 5p-50p sense? :o

It would mean that finally, he really would be showing "significant signs of compliance and effort", although perhaps not where you'd expect. :lol:

and now he's been arrested again

There must be more people following his criminal career than have ever followed his so-called musical one. :lol:

There must be more people following his criminal career than have ever followed his so-called musical one. :lol:

That BBC report describes a crowd of fans which came to support him in court.

They only managed to get pictures of four of them though.

_41580378_faye_christopher.jpg

The chap on the right looks a bit odd.

Having recentely heard some of his music, I can only conclude that four people must be a rather sizable crowd of fans for the man.

Or am I the odd one out on that opinion? :lol:

I think you may be the odd one out for describing his cacophonic output as "music" earlier in your sentence........

I quite fancy the chap on the left though...

Canadian Paul wrote:

Having recentely heard some of his music, I can only conclude that four people must be a rather sizable crowd of fans for the man.

Or am I the odd one out on that opinion?

I'd be interested to know which music of his you heard. If it was any of his Babyshambles stuff, then yeah I concur... 'tis a shambolic effort with but meagre glimpses of his undoubted talent.

However, if you were to lend an ear to either of The Libertine's albums then I think you might find why many people rate him. It's a shame that he's become the attention of the tabloids for all the wrong reasons, as his 'criminal notoriety' has now eclipsed his songwriting and musical talents. And that squint eyed slapper Moss hasn't helped matters either.

Doherty is undoubtedly an arsehole with problems and incapable of understanding the words 'last' and 'chance', but no-one with a modicum of musical taste can deny he is a very gifted musician. Personally I think his lyric writing is first class and his CD's share a shelf with Lennon, Nilsson and Dylan.

Admittedly so do Lemmy, The Pistols and W.A.S.P, but I trust you take my point.

Personally I think his lyric writing is first class and his CD's share a shelf with Lennon, Nilsson and Dylan.

I take it you don't have many CDs in your collection then?

Since Lennon begins with an L, his cds are on a totally seperate shelf and follow slightly after The Lemonheads and since Dylan of course begins with a D, his cds are further up by about 6 or 7 shelves. :lol:

I think you may be the odd one out for describing his cacophonic output as "music" earlier in your sentence........

Touche T4H, Touche! :huh: And major bonus points in my book for using a form of the word "cacophony." It's one of my favourites! :D

BHB - the radio was fuzzy and I didn't catch the name of the song, but if I recall correctly they announced it as "The Libertines" and went on to gossip about Doherty's recent problems. Perhaps if you can recommend something I'd be willing to take a listen, after all I only heard the tail end of the song.

He's got one of those faces that you wouldnt tire of hitting

Guest TimeThief

This man shoud be in prison. The usual price for possesion of heroin in 7year. Possesion with intent to supply, somthing he's been arrested for before, has a hefty life sentence. Why does he get special treatment? because he's a poet? F**k off.

I dont care if he's a poet. The Libertines were a bland indiepop band with nothing new to say. Pete Doherty is a jumped up, self obsessed, middle class twat with no care for anyone but himself.

Next to die? Nah, my bets on Christopher Lee next. Though if it was Pete Doherty i would niether be surprised or sad. I've said it before, and i'll say it again: Pete Doherty is a selfish, self indulgent moron, who deserves the slow death than enevitably draws closer to him. He has only himself to blame.

This man shoud be in prison. The usual price for possesion of heroin in 7year. Possesion with intent to supply, somthing he's been arrested for before, has a hefty life sentence. Why does he get special treatment? because he's a poet? F**k off.

I dont care if he's a poet. The Libertines were a bland indiepop band with nothing new to say. Pete Doherty is a jumped up, self obsessed, middle class twat with no care for anyone but himself.

Next to die? Nah, my bets on Christopher Lee next. Though if it was Pete Doherty i would niether be surprised or sad. I've said it before, and i'll say it again: Pete Doherty is a selfish, self indulgent moron, who deserves the slow death than enevitably draws closer to him. He has only himself to blame.

Bravo Sir! clapper9yr.gif

That's the best post I've read on here this year! ;)

Guest TimeThief

Bravo Sir! clapper9yr.gif

That's the best post I've read on here this year! ;)

Why thankyou. Though its Madam, not Sir ;) .

Guest Guest

Seven years is the upper end of possible sentence for herion possesion. In fact I think it might be the maximum. Poet and non-poet addicts tend to be given a few chances, with rehab, testing, community service and the like, before any hard jail time. If seven years was "usual" there'd be alot of overflowing prisons with dead drug addicts.

If intent to supply is proven, that'll be hard jail time. I'd suspect that'll go to the other guy in the car though. Pete doesn't need to deal drugs, he's got a fair bit of money coming in with tours and three albums worth of writing royalties. BTW, it always bemuses me why people can get so angry at a man who says very little to the media and whose music still has a fairly low profile outside the NME.

Why thankyou. Though its Madam, not Sir ;) .

It's still a good rant, Madam. ;)

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest
Seven years is the upper end of possible sentence for herion possesion. In fact I think it might be the maximum. Poet and non-poet addicts tend to be given a few chances, with rehab, testing, community service and the like, before any hard jail time. If seven years was "usual" there'd be alot of overflowing prisons with dead drug addicts.

If intent to supply is proven, that'll be hard jail time. I'd suspect that'll go to the other guy in the car though. Pete doesn't need to deal drugs, he's got a fair bit of money coming in with tours and three albums worth of writing royalties. BTW, it always bemuses me why people can get so angry at a man who says very little to the media and whose music still has a fairly low profile outside the NME.

Why am i so angry? Because, dispite how low profile you think he is, he affects others who dont have the money for the kind of treatments he could afford as you mentioned his money. Not that he attends any of the rehab available to him for more than a week. He glorifies drug addiction.

In the words of a close friend of mine "Pete Doherty's fame somehow protects him from the nasty side of drug addiction, because he can pay for it go away. I just hope he doesn't die because then he'll become somekind of revered icon, which he really goesn't come close to. He's a cheap idiot and should be banned from being written about in the media. That's his real addiction - notoriety. Once no-one gives a sh*t, he'll crawl back into the mediocracy where he belongs."

The charge of possesion with entent to sell is given for the amount of herion you posses. Being found selling herion has a different charge. As for prisons overflowing with drug addicts, they are overflowing with criminals. Not dead bodies of addict though, those are burnt like all people who die alone in jail. As for chances, well Pete Doherty has now been arrested 10 times in 2005/6.

Come in Doherty, your time is up.

Once no-one gives a sh*t, he'll crawl back into the mediocracy where he belongs."

Great rant Ms. Guest with some good and informative points. Don't think many people can fault you on it.

I'm particularly impressed by the word "mediocracy". Sounds like John Major's govenment. ;)

Canadian Paul wrote:

Or am I the odd one out on that opinion?

............................... And that squint eyed slapper Moss hasn't helped matters either.

Squint eyed slapper? I think she's gorgeous

Personally I think his lyric writing is first class and his CD's share a shelf with Lennon, Nilsson and Dylan.

Since Lennon begins with an L, his cds are on a totally seperate shelf and follow slightly after The Lemonheads and since Dylan of course begins with a D, his cds are further up by about 6 or 7 shelves. ;)

My "CD Shelf" is comparatively sparse, consisting of an oft replaced copy of Queen Greatest Hits and a newly acquired copy of Russell Watson's refrains. If I were to be invited on to "Desert Island Discs" it would be a short programme.

I am still amazed at the amount of interest that Mr Doherty inspires on this forum.

Since Lennon begins with an L, his cds are on a totally seperate shelf and follow slightly after The Lemonheads and since Dylan of course begins with a D, his cds are further up by about 6 or 7 shelves. ;)

Or do I have one very long shelf that stretches along each wall and only breaks at the doorway?

Or do I have one normal sized shelf at floor level upon which I store my CD collection vertically?

Or am I perhaps one of those devil-may-care, scruffy, not-at-all-anal types who doesn't store their music collection alphabetically?

Or maybe I do, but I'm dyslexic when it comes to cataloguing (?) CDs?

You see? Many angles, more than one way to skin a squirrel and think before you sink the pink. It's non-attention to perspective like this that leads to innocents being imprisoned and Cherie Blair being able to afford £275 a day hairdressers. Or something.

My CD collection small? Huh, what an insinuation! That's like bringing the size of a gentleman's todger into dispute. I've brought many a young lass home over the years and none have besmirched the size of it, nor indeed the quality and depth of it. I'm referring to the former here and not the latter, although one would be just as quick, if not quicker, to mount a defence with regards to the dimensions for and of the latter; which although not at the table for discussion, which of course is currently centred around the former, does warrant attention to small detail, which in turn is not to say that the sidetracking detail is small in detail or even worthy of any note at all, but it is undeniable in its presence no matter how miniscule, or for that matter gargantuan, it actually might be. Or thereabouts in its whereabouts, we should neither be coy nor vague; nor for that matter burdened with exaggerated falsehoods with regards to our neighbourhoods or manhoods.

I think.

P.S. Canadian Paul: With regard to your requested recommendation, lend an ear (or both if you feel really reckless) to The Libertine's second, self-titled album. It's their best offering and, hey, who knows, you might be pleasantly surprised.