Any other strange ordering systems? I remember that question from a Nick Hornby book.

Alphabetically, by producer,

and by colour.

I was unemployed

Impressive!

Anyone want a guess on how long it is before he gets arrested again whilst on bail?

I give him three days.

After this I give him a week, if that.

Doherty voted No 2 Rock idol of all time .

One place above Morrisey.

A BBC poll is currently giving 96.33% to 3.67% on a Is Pete Doherty...? A rock hero or A 'worn-out addict' question. No guesses what way the 96% is leaning. :o

A BBC poll is currently giving 96.33% to 3.67% on a Is Pete Doherty...? A rock hero or A 'worn-out addict' question. No guesses what way the 96% is leaning. :o

Yeah, right.

God bless the BBC, eh?

Bastards who wait wait 3 days before reporting the Deputy PM's shagging shenanigans....

I'd rather believe Iain's Wiki reported non-deaths than the F*****g BBC...

What bullshit, Pete Doherty hasn't got any talent , if there even is any in the music buesness today.

His stupidity and drug busts are what brought his name to fame.

Cobain isn't a first place canidate either. Though he could strum a guitar..

Without agreeing or disagreeing, who would you put in first place?

What bullshit, Pete Doherty hasn't got any talent , if there even is any in the music buesness today.

Not wishing to sound beligerent, you understand, Miss/Mister Banshees, but have you ever listened to any of this 'good' man's music?

Cobain could strum a guitar?

My god, you're trying to provoke me, aren't you?

Put down that sponge!

Clapton

Not wishing to sound beligerent, you understand, Miss/Mister Banshees, but have you ever listened to any of this 'good' man's music?

Put down that sponge!

Well Brinsworth House Baiter, first of all, and this really pisses me off, - I'm a mister

Always have been.

If I provoked anyone concerning my comment on Cobain I appoligise. I meant it almost in a sacastic way - as if to say - He was truely great!

Though never first.

Put down that sponge!

Well Brinsworth House Baiter, first of all, and this really pisses me off, - I'm a mister

Always have been.

If I provoked anyone concerning my comment on Cobain I appoligise. I meant it almost in a sacastic way - as if to say - He was truely great!

Though never first.

Erm...sorry, mister, in italics(can never trust then to work, although it seems you're a dab hand)

Erm... I did say I wasn't trying to be beligerant...

Yeah, I kinda got that you were going with the whole sacastic (sic) thing with your comment about Cobain.

So, getting back on topic, (phew), have you ever listened to any of that guy of whom you think:

Just a question...

Clapton

Blackmore.

Put down that sponge!

Always have been.

Though never first.

Erm...sorry, mister, in italics(can never trust then to work, although it seems you're a dab hand)

Erm... I did say I wasn't trying to be beligerant...

Yeah, I kinda got that you were going with the whole sacastic (sic) thing with your comment about Cobain.

So, getting back on topic, (phew), have you ever listened to any of that guy of whom you think:

Just a question...

Ladies and gentleman you must excuse me for my spelling errors and my decrease in posts as of late.

My keyboard is broken beyond repair so at the moment i'm using On - screen keyboard which alll this clicking gets to be a bitch.

I've listned to a few of his songs but no not much of his work. He may have a spark within his pen but not number 2 alltime...that just annoys the helll out of me.

Not to mention a dab hand with the shotgun.

Clapton

Depends what you mean by "idol" doesn't it?

I mean Clapton is for most people one of the greatest rock/blues musicians, but does that make him an idol?

Perhaps it does, but the readers of NME clearly see things differently.

I see he hasn't turned up in court today cos he's gallivanting round Germany. I'm surprised they let him get away with it. Comes of being an idol I suppose.

There's a concert in Hamburg tonight which would only be an hour from here on the train.

I have no other plans for this evening, but I don't think I'll bother.

He's performing in Aberdeen on the 22nd.

Windsor?

I see he hasn't turned up in court today cos he's gallivanting round Germany. I'm surprised they let him get away with it. Comes of being an idol I suppose.

There's a concert in Hamburg tonight which would only be an hour from here on the train.

I have no other plans for this evening, but I don't think I'll bother.

He's performing in Aberdeen on the 22nd.

Windsor?

I would go and kill him (for the sake of the music industry(and humanity)) but I'm afriad thats right before my exams start so I'll be busy....em....studying. Hopefully.

only just catching up on this thread, but the thing about idols is interesting as it shows this has nowt to do with talent or influence, just time and place. Clapton - good blues rock man, limited talent (his chordal play was always poor but his lead lines were excellent in cream, for example), but the 'clapton is god' thing, as the first white brit to really nail it and take it beyond, makes him an idol. and he stuck at that thing, more or less. wheras blackmore, mr bhb - better player, more melodic imagination, prone to strops and walking out, now piddles around with hurdy-gurdys... not an idol. i mean, i don't get cobain - but if he was voice of a generation, it was'nt mine as i wasn't fifteen then, why would i get him? what does this have to do with doherty? this: he seems to be a reasonably talented songwriter who caught the zeitgeist with the libertines as much for the way they did things as for the actual playing. his devotion to r'n'r myth-making is what makes him an idol though - living it so hundreds of thousands of vicarious-living fans don't have to kill themselves slowly.

in the long-term, for us old gits who're growing old with it, the best rock'n'roll is made by nutters, though - which is why blackmore is better than clapton, and why doherty is ultimately a pretender.

only just catching up on this thread, but the thing about idols is interesting as it shows this has nowt to do with talent or influence, just time and place. Clapton - good blues rock man, limited talent (his chordal play was always poor but his lead lines were excellent in cream, for example), but the 'clapton is god' thing, as the first white brit to really nail it and take it beyond, makes him an idol. and he stuck at that thing, more or less. wheras blackmore, mr bhb - better player, more melodic imagination, prone to strops and walking out, now piddles around with hurdy-gurdys... not an idol. i mean, i don't get cobain - but if he was voice of a generation, it was'nt mine as i wasn't fifteen then, why would i get him? what does this have to do with doherty? this: he seems to be a reasonably talented songwriter who caught the zeitgeist with the libertines as much for the way they did things as for the actual playing. his devotion to r'n'r myth-making is what makes him an idol though - living it so hundreds of thousands of vicarious-living fans don't have to kill themselves slowly.

in the long-term, for us old gits who're growing old with it, the best rock'n'roll is made by nutters, though - which is why blackmore is better than clapton, and why doherty is ultimately a pretender.

Nicely put and well observed...for a moment I thought I was on NME's website. :dead:

I couldn't agree more with your observations concerning Blackmore and I think you're right about it all being about time and place...and possibly social climates at the time, which is probably the same thing really.

I don't wish to be sycophantic or anything, but that was a great post, Pulphack.

Guest PD is a God

[Huge image removed. Are you nuts? -- MH]

Not before I saw it. Does anyone know how to remove sick from a keyboard? That was the stuff of nightmares.

Not before I saw it. Does anyone know how to remove sick from a keyboard? That was the stuff of nightmares.

I've been told a dishwasher helps.

regards,

Hein

so here's the latest on our hero Pete. I can understand why our friendly neighbourhood hackers would idolise such a totally cool guy.

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/news-chann...#036;439207.htm

And here's an action pic:

http://www.thesuperficial.com/2006/05/17/p...od.html#comment

What a wag, eh?

Would anyone Pay Per View if Doherty was to receive a beating? :angry:

Tempting...

regards,

Hein