Yup, me again.  You are all totally sick!  Tell me, what do you know about addiction?  Heroin doesn't become a choice each day, it becomes a necessity where you have to have it to function each morning - so you can get out of bed, so you can brush your teeth, so you can sit writing bullshit on pointless websites all day and night...

Do you have these same delightful thoughts about members of your family?  Why because Pete's a heroin addict should he be written off?  How hurtful do you think he might find this were he to read it?  Do you spend your evenings and weekends wandering around graveyards?

In fact, what kind of problems do you have in your happy cosy easy lives?  Need to wash the car?  Whose turn is it to take out the rubbish?  Need a haircut?  You should wake up and see the damage you're doing.

Look. This forum is a discussion board which is open enough to allow comment from non-registered members. If you wish to make a contribution, no-one is going to stop you, provided that the focus of the contribution is the subject of the thread and isn't a rant (see, for example, above quote).

If you disagree at a fundamental level with this site, then I'd advise you to stay away and use your time more productively. On the other hand, if you'd like to contribute to the debate in a positive manner with (from what I've found) some pretty smart and well informed people, then you are most welcome.

Thank you for providing me with material for my 100th post. <_<

It's very rare that we get a recurrent guest poster, and then people are rude and not very welcoming - it's not like poor Amanda has even mentioned magic logs or a desire to work in meteorology, which as we all know are cast iron characteristics for abuse..............

Yup, me again.  You are all totally sick!  Tell me, what do you know about addiction?  Heroin doesn't become a choice each day, it becomes a necessity where you have to have it to function each morning - so you can get out of bed, so you can brush your teeth, so you can sit writing bullshit on pointless websites all day and night...

Do you have these same delightful thoughts about members of your family?  Why because Pete's a heroin addict should he be written off?  How hurtful do you think he might find this were he to read it?  Do you spend your evenings and weekends wandering around graveyards?

In fact, what kind of problems do you have in your happy cosy easy lives?  Need to wash the car?  Whose turn is it to take out the rubbish?  Need a haircut?  You should wake up and see the damage you're doing.

Look. This forum is a discussion board which is open enough to allow comment from non-registered members. If you wish to make a contribution, no-one is going to stop you, provided that the focus of the contribution is the subject of the thread and isn't a rant (see, for example, above quote).

If you disagree at a fundamental level with this site, then I'd advise you to stay away and use your time more productively. On the other hand, if you'd like to contribute to the debate in a positive manner with (from what I've found) some pretty smart and well informed people, then you are most welcome.

Thank you for providing me with material for my 100th post. :lol:

Hear! hear! LPIII

It looks like Pete Doherty will be spending the weekend in jail, as he was unable to come up with the £150,000 bail money. Where did all of his millions go? Hmmmm

Pete Doherty misses bail deadline

It looks like Pete Doherty will be spending the weekend in jail, as he was unable to come up with the £150,000 bail money.  Where did all of his millions go?  Hmmmm

Pete Doherty misses bail deadline

Maybe he Kate Mossed his Bugs Bunny :lol:

To be fair to Amanda, I reckon she's got at least as good as she's given here and has also kept us up to date with the latest news on Pete's shenanigans. A class (class A?:lol: ) above the usual drive-by ranter.

I suppose it's a little late in the day to ask 'who'?

Until this I started reading this I had no idea who Mr Doherty is, much less who the 'Libertines' are.  Never heard of them, but it is fascinating stuff all the same.

Not sure if it correct form to quote oneself, but I can't see why this chap has generated so much debate. Even my 13 year old off spring who, in the way of all teenagers, knows everything* about everything, is not aware of him.

However, I am still rather enjoying it all.

*Actually it's "Nowt about 'owt" (to be read in a Yorkshire accent)

Oh dear, quoting oneself again. I should be in politics.

Peter Doherty.......

All over the The Sunday Times, The Daily Telegraph and on almost every page of the NME. I stand corrected, obviously Master Doherty is a 'mover & shaker' of some renown.

I shall have to start reading the Murdoch tabloids. (on the QT of course)

I don't think we should be telling articulate ranters to cease and desist.

I have quite enjoyed this banter between ranter and rantee and back again.

It makes a decent change from the usual tirade from pillocks who've clicked their way here from google (or, gawd help us, after entering some nefarious celeb's name as AOL keywords).

Leave the poor lass alone I say. After all, she's got to be (at least) one sandwich short of a picnic if she fancies nursing Pete back from the brink.

Honez

I don't believe that I have ever critisised Amanda's posts. In fact I also don't think that they were ranting, but carefully crafted and interesting posts.

My main point in my previous posts has been: Peter Doherty; who he? Will he become a name people will recognise in years to come as what I would call a real celebrity, or is he an example of transient celebrity created and abandoned by the mayfly like qualities of the mass media?

I don't believe that I have ever critisised Amanda's posts.

Not you per se josco.

The royal "we" as in the DeathList collective.

7-of-9 an' all that. Or didn't you realise you were the only human conciousness here?

We have learned much from your postings.

You have made a very interesting subject, josco.

Tell us human: What is Death?

Oh, shut up all of you! 1 of 9 is talking now.

Like I was saying josco... oh, never mind.

OOOOh 'Seven of Nine'

Yes please......................

Guest Amanda

I must say, this has become rather fun ... thank you everyone for the comments both good & bad. This has cheered up my miserable days at work no end!

I am a little worried that Pete'll be let out today & go on a huuuuge bender before his rehab ... so you may all get your wish? Am hoping that media whore Ms Moss will be incentive enough....?

Bye everyone xXxXx

I must say, this has become rather fun ... thank you everyone for the comments both good & bad.  This has cheered up my miserable days at work no end!

Me too.

Amanda, you should join. I'm sure that you must have thoughts and opinions on other subjects than the remarkable PD?

However, (with a nod to the Kilroy Silk thread) best of British...........

Guest Amanda

On reflection .... don't you all ever just wish that you could get inside someone's head?

Perhaps I'm stepping over the line here (the fine one between Fan and Stalker), but I just REALLY want to know what goes on in the mind of a smack addict.

What do they think? Do they know how much they hurt those closest to them? Do they care? Do they mean all that bulls*it about wanting to give up etc., (though actually Peter's not ever said this has he?)?

I am genuinely worried that he's gonna be let out today, shoot up, have another scrap etc & that'll be that. He's a pretty boy (when he's not off his face) and I'm worried for his safety and mental health in the nick. Though he's been down before so he must be prepared.....

Mmmmmmm.

Guest Amanda

Did I just hear someone mention Mr Perma-Tanned-Robert-Killroy-"How does it FEEL?"-Silk?

Show me the way!!!!

Guest Mystery Ghostman

Quoting:

"You all clearly know nothing about Peter Doherty's life, live performances and drug addiction if all you base your(in my opinion sick) comments on NME articles and bollocks like the sun. Ive gone to many a libertines and babyshambles show over the last two years and met the sweet sweet man himself, so I and many others think that you are all f*****g sick for trying to predict someones death, especially the death of someone so lovely and influencial. Seriously you should all think about getting a life"

You fool. Doherty is like every other junkie. He cares for drugs and nothing else. As for being a "sweet sweet man" who is "lovely", are you aware that he brought a girl back to his flat, injected her with heroin for the first time and then pimped her off to geezer who turned up to his flat in exchange for money to buy drugs?

No, I didn't think so. If he cares about his "fans" or should that be sycophants, then why can't he be bothered to keep himself straight enough to actually play at some of his gigs once in a while, instead of lining his lungs with crystal and shooting junk up his weedy veins?

Keep the Deathlist forum going!

Guest Mystery Ghostman

Oh, I've noticed that someone asked where his millions went. Well, for a start he put the Libertines £1 million in debt with their record company who carried on funding his dirty skag habit. As for the bail money being raised at the moment, most of it will come from his songwriting publishing royalties...effectively this means that he's got to earn a £100000 to pay the bail off before having any money.

Well, when he gets sent down in two weeks time I can guarantee you that the record companies and publishing people will cut him off from every penny as his time inside will breach the contract. So, he's screwed basically. I still can't get over why people think that he's a "lovely bloke", his smugness makes me sick...after getting off lightly with a suspended sentance for possession of a dangerous weapon, he openly admitted to turning on the water works to get away with it. Where's the dignity?

When he gets sent down this time, he'll be put away for a couple of years. I doubt that he'll see the summer.

Guest Amanda

Now where did you hear about this girl that he bought back to his flat? Hmmm? From the horse's mouth? Bloody bloody doubt it.

How do you know he's not a sweet sweet man? He has an addiction!! Don't we all turn into monsters from hell when we're without something we desperately crave? If you can't understand that then you really have led a safe, sheltered and happy life. I turn into a spitting hissing seething bitch without cigarettes & I know people that would kill for their daily hit of Eastenders/Chocolate/Alcohol....

I'm not having a go (though actually, reading back through this, it does seem that way - BUT HONEST, I'M NOT), I just don't like people writing off our addicts, because it's these nasty chemicals that turn sweet sweet lovely people into unreliable, thieving, lying sh*tbags.... I'm honestly believe that he really is a nice nice person, but it's the drugs that have turned him into this. I 'm sure he has moments of clarity where he realises what he's become, but addicts are mostly powerless to help themselves and there really isn't much available help out there.

In my area (Gloucestershire), if you wanna have methadone withdrawal, you have to wait approx. 6 months just to see the medical guy (sorry, I can't remember his title) who can assess you to see whether you are a worthy enough cause for it! When heroin addicts ask for help, they need it NOW, not in 6 months time because it takes a hell of a lot to finally admit it and ask for help. We don't all have the Priory (though what good did that do?) and these posh extortionately priced clinics at our disposal.

But rant over!

Sorry everyone!

On a lighter note - NEW WELLIES REALLY P*SS ME OFF!

(refers to picture of Kate Moss taking a stroll through some fields near her Cotswold mansion full of grazing cattle, sheep, photographers etc.)

Why don't people muddy them up?? Nothing looks worse than brand spanking new wellies!!!!! (Well, maybe Mr Doherty off his face does actually)

I turn into a spitting hissing seething bitch without cigarettes

That I would love to witness. (From a distance, I am a full fat coward)

Excellent post though.

Guest Amanda

Next time you're in Gloucestershire you can pay me a visit, hide the fags & sit back and enjoy ... though I'd recommend you do it from a safe distance - in a locked vehicle, from a tall building, with body guards in tow....

I AM GOING TO GIVE UP THIS MONTH THOUGH!!!

Guest Amanda

Well, you've gotta die of something... and I'm buggered if I'm gonna drown or burn to death....

But answer me this:

By whatever means you die, surely there's a cut off point with the pain?

As you are dying at what point to your senses go?

Say you are being burned to death - if you smell went so you couldn't get whiff of the burning flesh, your touch went so you couldn't feel the burning etc etc etc, then surely your death would be quite peaceful? It must only be those initial seconds or minutes of pain and realisation? Do you think that's comforting?

Guest Mystery Ghostman

I have my sources. I am closer to the Doherty ghetto than you might think. Its reliable. But why would you be so surprised? The man's criminal past is well known, and he's a junkie...he's got people around him kissing his ass 24/7, and when someone tries to show they care he throws a tantrum with them. I've been there...and seen it!

But whether you believe that or not...think of the exploitation of girls who are sent as drug mules from the Poppy Fields to deliver his skag. His indulgence contributes to their exploitation. Think of the fact that he's screwed the Libertines with a seven figure debt from his habit. Think of the baby daughter that he doesn't see, and when she does see him she's spending her time with a seriously f**cked up drug addict. Think of the last Libertine's album cover with Carl Barat pulling back the sleeve of Doherty's T-shirt to highlight his Skag Arm.

Its interesting that he refers to his demons, denies glamourising hard drug use but is still willing to use the imagery of it for promotional purposes.

I have my sources. I am closer to the Doherty ghetto than you might think. Its reliable. But why would you be so surprised? The man's criminal past is well known, and he's a junkie...he's got people around him kissing his ass 24/7, and when someone tries to show they care he throws a tantrum with them. I've been there...and seen it!

So Mr Ghostman, to business, should he have been on this years list or will he make to the next?

Guest Mystery Ghostman

This year for sure. I have been thinking about going down the bookies and seeing what odds I can get on the Pope surviving longer. When he goes back to prison, he will fulfill his ambition of emulating the other village idiot of rock, Sid Vicious. I rate his chances as about the same as Apollo Creed's when he fought Ivan Drago in Rocky IV.

I'd rather he lived though (preferably in prison for a long long long time). Despite the fact that he's an unsavoury character...but because when he chokes it, we will all suffer from the the cannonization of Doherty into legendary status and have his pasty face covering most of the media for the next twenty years. I can already picture an edition of "We Love the Naughties" on BBC 1 in 2025, on the subject of 2005, and some bimbo music journalist or C-List gameshow host reminiscing about the genius that was Pete Doherty, how he used to talk to flowers, saved rock n roll, was just misunderstood, found a cure for cancer, could have ended 3rd world debt, would have halted the AIDS pandemic, and how we were all flag waving crazy card carrying participants in the Pete-MANIA that spread throughout the UK at the turn of the millenium.