maryportfuncity

Terrorists & Topical Terrorist Targets

28 minutes ago, drol said:

Guys, there's still no official confirmation, not from ISIS, not from US. I'm starting to think this will be his year of course, but you have to wait a little longer....

I'm very patient. 11th July or 31st December (2017) is the same in DDP points terms.

10 minutes ago, drol said:

Guys, there's still no official confirmation, not from ISIS, not from US. I'm starting to think this will be his year of course, but you have to wait a little longer....

well, it depends on what you would define under "official confirmation"? I mean, there are already "confirmed information from leaders, including one of the first rank, in the Islamic State in the eastern countryside of Deir al-Zor,"  so who else should confirm this by ISIS? The press officer has died and there is no clear successor.

Russia, iran, now also syria confirm the death of al Baghdadi. Even US-president Trump tweets today on confirmed death "Big wins against ISIS!"

in wiki (english and german he is actually reported as dead). to be honest, There is not the slightest proof that he is still alive

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Trump tweets today on confirmed death "Big wins against ISIS!"

Although that could easily mean something else...

25 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

I don't know who is and I didn't say his name... my point is: with terrorist there are not enough certain information when they die... its a risk to put them on any list... and that generate annoying discussions... looks like some people get my point anyway 

Your point is well taken dp.  I do believe that Osama and Abu Bakr are dead, however and terrorists are often good Death Pool picks, like al-Zarqawi a few years back.

Joey, the deadpooling ethos is proof of death, not proof of life....

4 minutes ago, charon said:

Joey, the deadpooling ethos is proof of death, not proof of life....

I understand that, I just wanted to bring it up, as it might lead into the proof of death...

Aye but "top US General" doesn't inspire confidence. Wouldn't take much to be one of those pricks.

***and typing 'joey' grrrr, had to change the autocorrect on Roey as that's what's in the dictionary.

While more and more sources are stating they believe he's dead, the date of death is still disputed. Russia and Iran are saying he died in the May 28th airstrike, but the US, UK, and Iraq dispute this. He could have died in June or early July. He might have even died in 2016! The man only made one public appearance, and that was years ago. So I'd hold off on awarding points unless we get a confirmed date from both sides.

Either way, I can see this whole al-Baghdadi fiasco as a justification for banning non-captured terrorists as DDP picks.

2 hours ago, RadGuy said:

While more and more sources are stating they believe he's dead, the date of death is still disputed. Russia and Iran are saying he died in the May 28th airstrike, but the US, UK, and Iraq dispute this. He could have died in June or early July. He might have even died in 2016! The man only made one public appearance, and that was years ago. So I'd hold off on awarding points unless we get a confirmed date from both sides.

Either way, I can see this whole al-Baghdadi fiasco as a justification for banning non-captured terrorists as DDP picks.

Why?

Those of us who picked him knew the risks before hand and accepted it as a high risk/high reward gamble.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, msc said:

Why?

Those of us who picked him knew the risks before hand and accepted it as a high risk/high reward gamble.

I think the current rules for terrorists are good enough, there's no reason to ban them completely.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I think the current rules for terrorists are good enough, there's no reason to ban them completely.

what are the rules for terrorists ?

I have Al Bagdadi in my list, and i don't know if it's a hit or not.

19 minutes ago, BeretBleu said:

what are the rules for terrorists ?

I have Al Bagdadi in my list, and i don't know if it's a hit or not.

That's your choice since it's your shadowlist. 

For DDP, there needs to be confirmation from both a western country and the terrorists group in order to gain points. Otherwise, it'll become another Abu Omar Al-Shishani situation, where he's probably dead, but no points...

7 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

That's your choice since it's your shadowlist. 

For DDP, there needs to be confirmation from both a western country and the terrorists group in order to gain points. Otherwise, it'll become another Abu Omar Al-Shishani situation, where he's probably dead, but no points...

Al-Shishani was definitely dead. The problem was that one side said he died on one date in one place and the other side stated a different place and time of death, and neither account actually ended up coinciding.

If ISIS confirm Baghdadi's death, time and place, that's good enough for various pools (including the Hare's/Poker). DDP though very strict on these things as it should be when they end up walking around months later.

It took "only" six weeks for major, "reliable" news outlets to publish as "claims" reports that al-Baghdadi indeed died. I wondered why reports Russia "may have" killed ABaB but couldn't confirm would be published, but that is the journalism "new normal." 

I'm grateful at least the Raqqa airstrike happened in the first half of 2017. At the current cumulative rate of outlets like Reuters reporting claims, confirmation of ABaB's demise could come as "early" as November 2017. Points are points!

The eventual "best" outcome might be that the Pentagon announces that al-Baghdadi is "dead with 99% probability". But there will be no date of death, no cause or place and no matching confirmation from ISIS.

In other words, my "lucky hand" hobbles DDT too!

10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The eventual "best" outcome might be that the Pentagon announces that al-Baghdadi is "dead with 99% probability". But there will be no date of death, no cause or place and no matching confirmation from ISIS.

I kind of disagree. I think the "best" possible scenario for DDP players having him (assuming he is already dead) is if his charred remains are eventually found (by the SDF capturing Raqqa) provided that his identity can be confirmed based on DNA evidence. Or if he is not dead yet and is killed during the last phases of the Battle of Raqqa.

At that point, ISIS would have no other choice but to admit that he is dead, pick a new leader (lucrative if risky candidate for next year?) and vow to avenge his death.  

16 of Elizabeth's finest terrorists in training in big shit in Norn after going for walk. Hypothermia abounds, here's fucking hoping.

Sean O'Callaghan, IRA terrorist who turned and worked as a special agent for the Irish Government from 1979-1988, has died aged 62. He voluntarily surrendered to British prosecution and wrote accounts of his experiences both as a book and for The Sunday Times. After being granted a Royal Prerogative of Mercy by Her Majesty, he went on to become a part time adviser to the Ulster Unionist Party. Quite the change of heart.

Edit: Guardian, The Telegraph obituaries