maryportfuncity

Terrorists & Topical Terrorist Targets

I"m not seeing any links 30 hours later. Interesting.

James Nichols, a man once accused of conspiring in the Oklahoma City bombing, has died.

Nichols, 62, died on Tuesday, Feb. 14, following a "long illness," according to his obituary.

​An aside -- we used to drive early mornings to go fishing in the tip of the thumb of Michigan (Grindstone City) and the long drive from Detroit would take us by a really cool barn with a huge American flag/eagle on it (and a couple outbuildings and neighbours who also were Michigan Millitia creepy). It was embedded in my mind, so when the OKC bombing went down and the Nichols' brothers property was shown on TV and there was the barn! All Murica and shit.

SirC

• Like 1

Sooo...it's beginning to bother me.

When is a terrorist a terrorist? Police say in the most recent London incident that they will probably never know the perps intention. And yet it is trumpeted as a terrorist attack. I mean it might be but because the perp was non-white it's just assumed.

If we are talking well, it was aimed at politicians, why was Jo Cox's killer not labelled a terrorist? If we say obviously high number of casualties, why was Raoul Moat not labelled a terrorist?

Not judging, not trying to make a point, just wondering...

• Like 2

9/11 first respondent (hey, also a terror victim) and pick of my B-Team Ray Pfeifer now in hospice care:

http://pix11.com/2017/04/04/dying-firefighter-sick-from-911-illness-fights-last-battle-a-spot-on-fdny-wall-of-honor/

He's the public face of the campaign to give first respondents financial compensation (The Zadroga Act) so I'm fairly certain a QO will come. I should have put him in my main team...

He was on my longlist but I went for Lakovic as the punt N American with lousy cancer. Not that Sasha is doing me much favours right now.

Baghdadi arrested?

8 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Baghdadi arrested?

Or not?

I'm pretty confident he wouldn't allow himself to be taken alive, as it would set a dreadful example to his troops.    

• Like 1

It'd set a terrible example to my DDP team, but pretty sure he's not getting the choice of being taken alive...

I would choose Al-Baghdadi  for my 2018 list but what happens if it comes out he died in 2017 ?  Do you still get points ?

Syrian propaganda! 

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Take this with a pinch of salt, The Sun, Yahoo and the Daily Mail all note it has been falsely reported in the past.

Even if it is true, we need to here a confirmation from both sides...

Many sources are reporting Baghdadi's death. It was also reported on Syrian state tv. If he wasn't dead, that would be a serious embarrassment to their reputation.

As far as I could tell most of these reports can be traced back to that one Syrian source. Well, if true, Trump should tweet about it very soon.

Bloody hell, he's like fucking Dracula.

I wonder if he'll opt for a hole in the ground like Saddam Hussein.

As reported elsewhere, al-Baghdadi may have been killed by a Russian airstrike.

I swear, if the Ruskis took the fucker out, this is yet another embarrassment for the USA. 

I don't even know where the fuck we stand anymore. We're trying to fight ISIS but we're also funding ISIS to fight Assad. Are we also funding Assad to fight ISIS?

Many decades ago, the US had some respect worldwide. Now all we do is invade 3rd world countries nobody's heard of for oil, or fund terrorists. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RadGuy said:

As reported elsewhere, al-Baghdadi may have been killed by a Russian airstrike.

I swear, if the Ruskis took the fucker out, this is yet another embarrassment for the USA. 

I don't even know where the fuck we stand anymore. We're trying to fight ISIS but we're also funding ISIS to fight Assad. Are we also funding Assad to fight ISIS?

Many decades ago, the US had some respect worldwide. Now all we do is invade 3rd world countries nobody's heard of for oil, or fund terrorists. 

Well we took Bin Laden out. It's only fair that somebody more involved in the fight against ISIS takes out their leader.

I don't care who takes him out, as long as someone does, it's all DDP points to me anyhow. B)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Well we took Bin Laden out. It's only fair that somebody more involved in the fight against ISIS takes out their leader.

Yes, probably the USA killed Bin Laden, but nevertheless he was first funded and supported by the USA, same game with Saddam and many other despots.

Radguy is right. unfortunately the USA lost much of trust worldwide. 

• Like 2