DevonDeathTrip

Coleman Falls?

Britain's second most famous darts commentator Tony Green, perhaps better known for his appearances on Bullseye, is suffering from cancer of the tongue.

Wish it'd been Waddell and the tongue had to go, can't stand the bloke. The ultimate Marmite commentator, along with Alan Green (who I also can't stand). Thinking about it, nobody likes Alan Green do they.

Freddie Flintoff was guest commentating on the darts yesterday. Enthusiastic, but pretty shit.

• Like 1

Britain's second most famous darts commentator Tony Green, perhaps better known for his appearances on Bullseye, is suffering from cancer of the tongue.

Wish it'd been Waddell and the tongue had to go, can't stand the bloke. The ultimate Marmite commentator, along with Alan Green (who I also can't stand). Thinking about it, nobody likes Alan Green do they.

Freddie Flintoff was guest commentating on the darts yesterday. Enthusiastic, but pretty shit.

Can't wait to hear Phil "The Power" Taylor on TMS then... :(

He got a "get better soon" shoutout from Colin Murray on the last episode of Fighting Talk, which could mean anything but I'm taking it to mean he has two weeks to live.

He got a "get better soon" shoutout from Colin Murray on the last episode of Fighting Talk, which could mean anything but I'm taking it to mean he has two weeks to live.

I saw Tony Green in the street last night and asked him if he was feeling better, but he wouldn't comment... :)

Harry Carpenter, David Coleman and Bill Maclaren. I confidently predict that they won't all see 2008.

Well, it looks like all three were still alive in 2008, & 2009, but two of them died last year, with Coleman still alive & kicking.

Who, exactly, is Coleman kicking? Is the kickee some kind of masochist who gets off on this juvenile behaviour? Why the hell haven't the phone-tap happy Murdoch press got onto this geriatric assualt scandal?

Who, exactly, is Coleman kicking? Is the kickee some kind of masochist who gets off on this juvenile behaviour? Why the hell haven't the phone-tap happy Murdoch press got onto this geriatric assualt scandal?

You're not confusing him with Frank Bough, are you? :)

Whispering Ted Lowe... quieter than usual.

On the day of the final too.

Whispering Ted Lowe... quieter than usual.

On the day of the final too.

That magnificent Trump/Ding semi-final must have been too much even for him...

RIP Ted

its a shame he didnt get to see Trump play his firrst world final and even more of a shame that he was never inclkuded on the list :lol:

In a weekend which saw us lose Ted Lowe and Henry Cooper, the loss of former BBC producer Alec Weeks appears to have been overlooked.

He produced the coverage of the 1966 World Cup final, amongst a multitude of other events.

He was 84.

Documentary on David Coleman tomorrow (Tuesday 3 May '11) at 9pm on BBC 2, to celebrate his 85th birthday.

Quite Remarkable!

Documentary on David Coleman tomorrow (Tuesday 3 May '11) at 9pm on BBC 2, to celebrate his 85th birthday.

Quite Remarkable!

No sign of current Coleman. It looked remarkably like a eulogy (original sense) to me.

I agree, everyone was speaking about him in past tense. Do they know something we dont? There was also a small snippet of Cliff Mitchellmore talking about him as well. Mind you, that bit was probably filmed about 20 years ago.

Quite Remarkable!

No sign of current Coleman. It looked remarkably like a eulogy (original sense) to me.

I agree, everyone was speaking about him in past tense. Do they know something we dont? There was also a small snippet of Cliff Mitchellmore talking about him as well. Mind you, that bit was probably filmed about 20 years ago.

I found it slightly strange too, everyone speaking as if he'd already shuffled off. To make matters worse, there wasn't even a summary sentence along the lines of "David is now 85 and living quietly in Runcorn/suffering from dementia/enjoying his retirement playing bowls".

I thought the same, in fact my very words upon walking into the lounge with this on telly was 'oh no, has he died, he's not on my list'.

It's a while since I've seen a picture of Cliff Morgan - this one at Henry Cooper's funeral. Maybe good for a a few more years possibly?

the-funeral-of-henery-cooper-image-4-299888349.jpg

It's a while since I've seen a picture of Cliff Morgan - this one at Henry Cooper's funeral. Maybe good for a a few more years possibly?

Is that Kevin Keegan on the left? :lol: Perhaps he should have his own thread!

Is that Kevin Keegan on the left? :lol: Perhaps he should have his own thread!

Depends if he gets pulled over into any more lay-bys in future.

They're all looking pretty cheerful for a funeral.Did Henry include them in the will or something?

• Like 1